E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Ever regret a wheel purchase? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=955636)

PrecisionX 11-12-2012 07:10 PM

Ever regret a wheel purchase?

Ever wish you got bigger wheels? Wider? Different tires etc? I'm having a hard time making up my mind about wheel size.

YGOAMG 11-12-2012 09:43 PM

nah

:eeps:

well kinda wish i went 255's on the rear (rather than 245's)

serdar255 11-12-2012 09:57 PM

Yes, umnitza csl reps not to my standard of quality, too heavy, and too narrow.

peytonracer4 11-12-2012 10:13 PM

No. I did A LOT of research before I made the choice.
I'm glad I went with 18s
If I had an m3 I would've done 19s.

lucky_doggg7 11-13-2012 12:44 AM

Ooooohhh, ya done touched a nerve with this post title so now I gotta chime in here... Have I regretted a wheel purchase... Years ago, I bought the TSX when it first came out. I was just starting to make a little scratch at work so I thought, I'm going to buy some "nice" wheels; that ended up being iForged wheels.

Talk about some janky B.S. wheels! They were forged two piece wheels, where the center was welded to the barrel. The problem was that along the weld point on the barrel, the barrel would crack along the weld, leak air and you'd be greeted with a nice flat tire; this happened on all four wheels, and more than once on one of the wheels. When the first one cracked, I contacted iForged, who happened to be say 30 minutes away from me, to get some support, as in the manufacturer standing behind their product. Nope, zip and zilch is what I got; in so many words, what I was told, go pound sand, figure it out for yourself and too bad so sad your dad.

I was lucky my apt was near an Enterprise Car Rental, but I got fed up with having to walk about a mile to the place, rent a car, throw the dismounted wheel in the trunk, go to my fave shop to have the tire removed, then go to a rim repair shop, wait 2 days, go back to rim repair shop to pick up the fixed wheel, go back to fave tire place to get the tire remounted/rebalanced, remount the the wheel onto the car, return rental car and walk back home all on my dime, and I did this at least 5 times before I got so fookin' fed up, I bought another set of rims so I could basically have reliable transportation. About those iForged wheels, I threw them MFers away in a dumpster. Arghhhhh! It burns me up just thinking about it... C'est la vie; live and learn right?

2003 325i 11-13-2012 01:05 AM

Got my style 293s with like new rubber for $800, incredible deal. 20 spokes per wheel with 3 visible surfaces per spoke... lets just say cleaning 240 spoke surfaces is a bish, but it looks classy, and that price was killer.

LittleBear 11-13-2012 10:07 AM

Yes! I bought some nice Enkie 18" wheels to look cool, but then bought some SSR lite 17" because I didn't like the way the 18" wheels behaved on NYC streets. The lite SSR wheels handle & ride better IMHO.

Murf

Poncho@home 11-13-2012 10:56 AM

I have spent the last couple of weeks researching Replicas and looking for used OEM wheels in the hopes that when I finally purchase a set of rims I have no regrets afterward.

I think OEMs will be the safest choice in terms of quality, but some of the Replica rims available are quite nice looking.

Right now I am debating with myself between E9x M3 Replicas and Sportline CS.16s, if I go aftermarket.

For OEM I like Style 71, 135 & 261

I usually spend lots of time doing research and soul searching before I purchase so I don't have regrets.

VMRWheels 11-13-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peytonracer4 (Post 14894191)
No. I did A LOT of research before I made the choice.
I'm glad I went with 18s
If I had an m3 I would've done 19s.

+1 :thumbsup:

Gheybe 11-13-2012 04:55 PM

Yes. Should have gone with 10 all around.

always-there 11-13-2012 11:40 PM

10?? Not for the front.

Brooksinct 11-14-2012 10:55 AM

Just remember that the weight of your wheels will greatly affect how your car handles/ accelerates and feels. Not to mention gas mileage