E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   E46 Xi Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   "XI" w/wheel spacers on OEM wheel pics? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=955697)

E46er75 11-12-2012 11:23 PM

"XI" w/wheel spacers on OEM wheel pics?

Anybody out there have any pics of an XI with OEM wheels with wheels spacers? I'm looking for some spacers and would like to see what mine would look like. Also, it would help to get an idea of the size I would need such as 5mm, 10mm and 15mm etc.... Thanks in advance

ECSTuning 11-13-2012 11:56 AM

The most popular combination for stock E46s is 10mm all the way around. This is a fairly conservative (safe) set up hen it comes to rubbing etc, it might not be aggressive enough for you, or take full advantage of the area you have avaible between the wheel and the fender lips. What I always suggest is taking a frew measurements, we actually have a video which lays out how to measure for spacers, I've imbedded it below.

Once you take those measurements you'll have a good idea of how the wheels will sit with each side spacer and you'll be able to make your final decision. I have spacers avaible from 2mm all the way up to 30mm HERE on the site for the Xi E46. Keep in mind when using spacers you'll also need to use extended wheel bolts, about half way down the page you'll note we've created kits with the proper bolts for each spacer size setup and ready to go for you.

Kubica 11-13-2012 12:22 PM

Save your money for nice wheels and tires.

E46er75 11-13-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECSTuning (Post 14895859)
The most popular combination for stock E46s is 10mm all the way around. This is a fairly conservative (safe) set up hen it comes to rubbing etc, it might not be aggressive enough for you, or take full advantage of the area you have avaible between the wheel and the fender lips. What I always suggest is taking a frew measurements, we actually have a video which lays out how to measure for spacers, I've imbedded it below.

Once you take those measurements you'll have a good idea of how the wheels will sit with each side spacer and you'll be able to make your final decision. I have spacers avaible from 2mm all the way up to 30mm HERE on the site for the Xi E46. Keep in mind when using spacers you'll also need to use extended wheel bolts, about half way down the page you'll note we've created kits with the proper bolts for each spacer size setup and ready to go for you.

Thanks. I have check out your website and have been trying to figure out the proper size. I was going to go with 10mm to be safe. I didnt want any fender rubbing.. Thanks again, I'll be placing my order shortly!

ECSTuning 11-13-2012 01:09 PM

No problem, after you take those quick measurements if you want any input on spacer size just shoot me a PM and I'll try to help you out!

E46er75 11-13-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kubica (Post 14895951)
Save your money for nice wheels and tires.

Thanks for your input...

E46er75 12-02-2012 10:09 PM

I finally got around to putting spacers on my stock/winter setup which are 205 17 on style 137 wheels. Also, put on my summer wheels to check out the fitment. I went with 15 mm spacers and looks like they're a good fit (no rubbing) for my setup. This stock tire width of 205 on 137's wheels seems way to tucked in and has visually drove me crazy for a long time. I'm working on getting some pics up soon.

The link below is of my summer setup without the spacers. As you can see from the pics they needed spacers as well IMO...

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...569&highlight=

jxs0402 12-07-2012 10:53 AM

My 2 cents - ECS tuning has been great to me. I recently ordered 18" zhp style rims from them - I ordered 5 (1 was a scratch and dent - could hardly tell). They had a close out and I got all 5 shipped to my door for $490! The tires will cost more than the rims. I have also ordered multiple other items from ECS and they have always been easy to work with - ships right away and I have the items in 2 days.

I give this feedback to say - check their rims first and if you don't find something you like - go for the spacers (I know they have a sale on them right now).

Good luck - make sure you post some pics! I love the pics.