E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General Off-Topic (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Los Angeles People - Need Help (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=956010)

KamPow3r 11-14-2012 04:40 PM

Los Angeles People - Need Help

So I am taking a gorgeous new girl I met out for dinner tomorrow night and I really want to make sure our 1st night is really special. I was thinking about doing something with a really nice view in downtown Los Angeles on a high rise or something.

Any of you guys have any recommendations for really nice restaurants in the area? Nice views and all! I have to impress this girl! Her family being very wealthy also is a reason why I need everything to go perfect. ;) I need to get on the good side of her father also, owns a 2 Ferrari's, R8, Rolce, Maybach, and whatever else I don't know about.

I will try my best post pics of girl for proof tomorrow night if everything goes well and only if I can make it seem as if I am not literally taking a picture of her. lol.

v8 5 11-14-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KamPow3r (Post 14900017)
;) I need to get on the good side of her father also, owns a 2 Ferrari's, R8, Rolce, Maybach, and whatever else I don't know about.

those dont even have a 2jz I would 2jz swap them

GRIFFIN 11-14-2012 04:55 PM

http://www.yelp.com/biz/bona-vista-lounge-los-angeles

GRIFFIN 11-14-2012 04:56 PM

http://www.takamisushi.com/index.html

ghorn 11-14-2012 04:58 PM

Do you really want to take her to THE nicest place on your first date? Gotta give yourself room to grow :rofl: If you know what she likes to eat, take her to the best place that serves whatever it is she likes.

217Bimmer 11-14-2012 04:59 PM

what do you do for a living? you are going to be one broke ass mutherfvcker!

Breezy 11-14-2012 05:01 PM

keep it low key and informal, nothing too fancy..

KamPow3r 11-14-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRIFFIN (Post 14900060)

Is that the same as LA Prime? Or is it different? Thanks!

MDydinanM 11-14-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 217Bimmer (Post 14900075)

this

:rofl:

KamPow3r 11-14-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breezy (Post 14900080)

Yeah, I was thinking that actually also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 217Bimmer (Post 14900075)

I am a Financial Representative, but yes I just might be. But the way I see it (In my financial mind), this is like an investment to more opportunities / connections possibly with her family, etc. Haha!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghorn (Post 14900073)
Do you really want to take her to THE nicest place on your first date? Gotta give yourself room to grow :rofl: If you know what she likes to eat, take her to the best place that serves whatever it is she likes.

This is true. Maybe not, but I do want to make a good 1st impression.

BreakMyWallet 11-14-2012 05:32 PM

theres really too many to name. geisha house, ketchup, any place like that will have a status symbol, regardless if theyre good. theyre both pretty good imo. you can try "city club on bunker hill" its exactly what you mentioned with the LA view. it might be members only though

XKxRome0ox 11-14-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KamPow3r (Post 14900017)
So I am taking a gorgeous new girl I met out for dinner tomorrow night and I really want to make sure our 1st night is really special. I was thinking about doing something with a really nice view in downtown Los Angeles on a high rise or something.

Any of you guys have any recommendations for really nice restaurants in the area? Nice views and all! I have to impress this girl! Her family being very wealthy also is a reason why I need everything to go perfect. ;) I need to get on the good side of her father also, owns a 2 Ferrari's, R8, Rolce, Maybach, and whatever else I don't know about.

I will try my best post pics of girl for proof tomorrow night if everything goes well and only if I can make it seem as if I am not literally taking a picture of her. lol.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by KamPow3r (Post 14900127)
Yeah, I was thinking that actually also.

I am a Financial Representative, but yes I just might be. But the way I see it (In my financial mind), this is like an investment to more opportunities / connections possibly with her family, etc. Haha!

This is true. Maybe not, but I do want to make a good 1st impression.

oh i can't wait to hear about how this one crashed and burned

btw where do you normally take girls out to on a first date?

b0bab0i 11-14-2012 05:42 PM

Yamashiro? Pretty nice view

dreamdrivedrift 11-14-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

THIS. It's a first date. You ALREADY got her attention.

If she requires/needs it to be fancy - she's the wrong girl for you

cityjohn 11-14-2012 05:52 PM

The way to impress her parents is to go to a place none of them have ever heard of, not the tallest building in Hollywood. Or go the other route, somewhere like Musso & Frank or Lawry. Like a navy blazer, timeless and always in style.

Although I do agree that Bonaventure lounge is a fun view. It's just that so many tourists and prom-night kids go there.

KamPow3r 11-14-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamdrivedrift (Post 14900209)
THIS. It's a first date. You ALREADY got her attention.

If she requires/needs it to be fancy - she's the wrong girl for you

We met through a friend and she is definitely interested, txting, talking, etc. I don't think she really is that type of girl but like I said I want to make a good first impression and take her to a nice place. I am looking at the bigger picture here, if things go well of course. Then we can look back at nice memories when we first dated. (Yes, I sound h0m0 right now, but I am not!) Haha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakMyWallet (Post 14900165)
theres really too many to name. geisha house, ketchup, any place like that will have a status symbol, regardless if theyre good. theyre both pretty good imo. you can try "city club on bunker hill" its exactly what you mentioned with the LA view. it might be members only though

I was looking at City Club! That place looks awesome but it says memebers only. I did find a way to make a resveration through opentable.com though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox (Post 14900185)
oh i can't wait to hear about how this one crashed and burned

btw where do you normally take girls out to on a first date?

I won't crash and burn. I am pretty good when it comes to having conversation and just having a good time in general. So don't worry about that. Normally, its just a standard restaurant or small event but this girl seems special so I want it to be something to look back at for our first time out together.

XKxRome0ox 11-14-2012 06:02 PM

you talked more about her dad, his cars, and how rich her family is than about her
that's why i'm expecting you to crash and burn

what is the nicest place you have taken a girl out to?
it just seems like you're out of your element here... and a first date is not when you want to feel out of your element

guest1008 11-14-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0bab0i (Post 14900196)
Yamashiro? Pretty nice view

That's what I suggest. Some of the other places are in such trafficky areas, it can take 20 minutes to cross a block or two getting there.

cityjohn 11-14-2012 06:11 PM

If you're open to driving farther, there's Castaway in Burbank with a great view, Encounter at LAX, Orange Hill restaurant...or find a member of Club 33 and dine in Disneyland.

KamPow3r 11-14-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox (Post 14900279)
you talked more about her dad, his cars, and how rich her family is than about her
that's why i'm expecting you to crash and burn

what is the nicest place you have taken a girl out to?
it just seems like you're out of your element here... and a first date is not when you want to feel out of your element

I think you are looking way to in depth over a thread on a car forum website! This is e46OT section. I have to make it interesting for these guys on here, I doubt you are new here but you do understand how the OT section works on e46 right? The only thing that is really talked about here is, cars, money, and women. So why not include those highlights here.

Why not make the thread a little interesting. Clearly you don't need to know all my detailed conversations with her and a run down on her personality, lifestyle, etc. I just need a request for a nice restaurant. :thumbup: