E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General E46 Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Ghost codes???? O2 errors and others (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=956051)

Mortification1 11-14-2012 10:56 PM

Ghost codes???? O2 errors and others

Well I scanned my car and got all these codes:

P1182. P1183. P0161. P0141. P0155. P0135. P1145

Wtf is going on? The last time I got a cel that was 4 of them were for the oxygen sensors which after a search I found it was a fuse in engine bay. Now the codes are back plus some other ones. I haven't checked the fuse and I will tomorrow .....but what can be causing them to come back? They stay off for a while last time was maybe more than a month. And between that I had a p0430 for cats I have eBay headers. Any help is appreciated thanx in advance.

Mortification1 11-15-2012 07:52 AM

Bump

Mortification1 11-15-2012 08:30 AM

My main concern would be the p1145 since there are many mixed answers on here and on web. Found this here

P1145 Solenoid Valve Running Losses Control Circuit Electrical
P1145 Intake Valve Timing Control Position Sensor (Right Bank)
P1145 Mass Air Flow Sensor Short To Positive.

I'm getting it for the 1st one

Mortification1 11-15-2012 10:39 PM

Wow......nobody huh.

Mortification1 11-16-2012 05:54 PM

Well after seeing how one of my fuses on the Ebox blew up. I replaced only to have codes come back. I'm guessing short? So I started snooping around and apparently I managed to crimp o2 harness between valve cover and head. Don't ask how lol......could this have caused this? Keep in mind I have eBay headers too.

Mortification1 11-24-2012 11:07 PM

well even though I haven't gotten no help or advice from any of ya'll. Im gonna update this with my own findings. On my own research I found that some other member had a short somewhere which kept blowing his o2 fuse in the ebox. Which was happening to me also. Now....today I decided to bring down my ebay headers to remove the o2 sensors...and the primary ones were replaced with new ones. Unfortunately to my finding the one causing the short was the secondary after cat. Or so I think. It had a small cut on one wire. tested with multimeter and it seems to still be within specs? So this time I said **** it and didn't install any of the secondary o2 sensors so it wouldn't trip a code (no cats anyways). Will do a AA reflash soon to remedy this.

But my concern is I erased the codes and for some reason they come back at 2nd start after erased. The funny thing is the fuse is intact. WTF?? this situation is driving me insane. And I cant go forward with any more mods till I figure WTF is going on. Anyone else have some other ideas cuz im stumped -_-

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Mango 11-26-2012 09:58 AM

Shouldn't have modded.

I would double check every suspect electrical collection. Don't just plug the wires in together, make sure all pins are perfect and making perfect contact.

Mortification1 11-26-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E46Mango (Post 14927049)
Shouldn't have modded.

I would double check every suspect electrical collection. Don't just plug the wires in together, make sure all pins are perfect and making perfect contact.

Lol....,shouldn't have modded???

I've double checked every single thing....it's not my first mod and I'm no movie to modding cars. I do come from Honda scene and I know bmw is different but I've done tranny drop for clutch and all on my e46 so I'm more than mechanically inclined. It's just very weird..... That this is going on. I took different approaches to it.

Anybody know what p1145 is exactly???

Mortification1 11-26-2012 01:28 PM

On a side note.....I was inspecting to see if I can find anything and I found a ripped vacuum line going to the sap behind the manifold. Idk where it leads to....could this be the reason for the codes?

WDE46 11-26-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortification1 (Post 14927684)
On a side note.....I was inspecting to see if I can find anything and I found a ripped vacuum line going to the sap behind the manifold. Idk where it leads to....could this be the reason for the codes?

I'm not sure why a vacuum line would cause a "short" code. I would fix it anyway as this means you are getting unmetered air into the system.

Mortification1 11-26-2012 01:34 PM

Yeah idl either but like I said my fuse no longer blows..... I wonder if this has to do with the p1145?

Mortification1 11-26-2012 01:55 PM

Honestly no.....I haven't touched those at all but I will start tearing everything down. Does anyone know the function of the valve behind manifold by firewall? That's where that vacuum line is ripped and it comes from this round thing by headers.

Mortification1 11-26-2012 02:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Apparently it goes to that electric valve which idk what it's for. I believe it leads to #5

Mortification1 11-28-2012 12:59 AM

UPDATE:

For anyone getting a 1145 code it will be the sensor in back of manifold. It has vacuum lines running to it. More likely it's a torn hose. I fixed my problem with this. 7 codes only for 1 hose that was ripped. Accidentally ripped when I lifted the VC when doing the vanos. That vacuum line runs through the VC cover.