E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General Off-Topic (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   hookah smoking just as or more dangerous than cigarettes (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=956169)

XKxRome0ox 11-15-2012 02:42 PM

hookah smoking just as or more dangerous than cigarettes
 
http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_stat...ustry/hookahs/

Quote:

While many hookah smokers may consider this practice less harmful than smoking cigarettes, hookah smoking carries many of the same health risks as cigarettes.

Water pipe smoking delivers the addictive drug nicotine and is at least as toxic as cigarette smoke.
Due to the mode of smoking-including frequency of puffing, depth of inhalation, and length of the smoking session-hookah smokers may absorb higher concentrations of the toxins found in cigarette smoke.
A typical 1-hour-long hookah smoking session involves inhaling 100-200 times the volume of smoke inhaled from a single cigarette.
Hookah smokers are at risk for the same kinds of diseases as are caused by cigarette smoking, including oral cancer, lung cancer, stomach cancer, cancer of the esophagus, reduced lung function, and decreased fertility.
:thumbdwn:

i saw one of those shared pictures on a friend's facebook ... the caption said 1 hour of hookah smoking is the equivalent of smoking 200 cigarettes so i went and looked around the web to verify
i have an aversion to anything smoke-related ... and now i have a good reason to avoid hookah as well

cowmoo32 11-15-2012 02:44 PM

The tobacco used isn't nearly as processed, is it? Does it have as many chemicals in it as cigarettes?

GRIFFIN 11-15-2012 02:45 PM

That is why I smoke cigars.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lh...ajmxo1_500.gif

dreamdrivedrift 11-15-2012 02:48 PM

big surprise

Devious1 11-15-2012 03:00 PM

http://gifninja.com/animatedgifs/266065/hookah.gif

brew 11-15-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox (Post 14902869)
http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_stat...ustry/hookahs/



:thumbdwn:

i saw one of those shared pictures on a friend's facebook ... the caption said 1 hour of hookah smoking is the equivalent of smoking 200 cigarettes so i went and looked around the web to verify
i have an aversion to anything smoke-related ... and now i have a good reason to avoid hookah as well


There's enough nicotine in 200 cigarettes to kill about 5 people. I call BS.

GRIFFIN 11-15-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devious1 (Post 14902913)

i have the largest possible boner because of this gif

trippmann 11-15-2012 04:16 PM

really simple test

http://youtu.be/CwDm0D9ASiA

what you see here is the amount of tar that was removed by the water from these 200 cigs, that doesnt include what residual is left in the smoke.

now go smoke a properly packed hookah bowl for one, two, hell three hours if you have some solid heat management and look at the water in your base. the only color change that ever happens is when wet tobacco drips down the stem and gets into the water.

come on people, you dont even "burn" the tobacco in a hookah, you heat it up to make the wetness steam off which is what you inhale. hell its not even smoke.

TayloMade[07] 11-15-2012 04:18 PM

O rly?

I heard if you mix it with the miracle 'erb, it takes all the toxins out...

I read that on the internet once.

Stankia 11-15-2012 05:05 PM

Nicotine by itself is not toxic to your lungs.

217Bimmer 11-15-2012 05:08 PM

I heard the biggest risk from hookah smoking is getting aids from your boyfriend.

GRIFFIN 11-15-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 217Bimmer (Post 14903292)
I heard the biggest risk from hookah smoking is getting aids from your boyfriend.

:rofl:


http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/4329/dsc01582px3.jpg

Bimmer4Lyfe 11-15-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRIFFIN (Post 14902990)
i have the largest possible boner because of this gif

http://cinemagr.am/uploads/12570883.gif

http://data.whicdn.com/images/342990...tion_large.gif

GRIFFIN 11-15-2012 05:15 PM

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/8984/jizz.gif

XKxRome0ox 11-15-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trippmann (Post 14903133)
really simple test

http://youtu.be/CwDm0D9ASiA

what you see here is the amount of tar that was removed by the water from these 200 cigs, that doesnt include what residual is left in the smoke.

now go smoke a properly packed hookah bowl for one, two, hell three hours if you have some solid heat management and look at the water in your base. the only color change that ever happens is when wet tobacco drips down the stem and gets into the water.

come on people, you dont even "burn" the tobacco in a hookah, you heat it up to make the wetness steam off which is what you inhale. hell its not even smoke.

i'm going to take what the CDC says over what you say

Bimmer4Lyfe 11-15-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRIFFIN (Post 14903312)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb...3lw2o1_500.gif

mash20 11-15-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trippmann (Post 14903133)
come on people, you dont even "burn" the tobacco in a hookah, you heat it up to make the wetness steam off which is what you inhale. hell its not even smoke.

lol

Silver_Surfer 11-16-2012 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 217Bimmer (Post 14903292)
I heard the biggest risk from hookah smoking is getting aids from your boyfriend.

:clap:

zuckuss00 11-16-2012 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox (Post 14903314)
i'm going to take what the CDC says over what you say

+1

Some people just don't get it.

kaput 11-16-2012 08:03 AM

I watched these vids while smoking.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use