E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   ///M3 Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   damn lights (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=956194)

Cayne23 11-15-2012 06:02 PM

damn lights

Ok well i know i have to get 2of my tps sensors replaced and software for them. Eml light then dsc light then car goes into limp mode. Now my eml light and ses light came on wtf

Cayne23 11-15-2012 06:09 PM

Turned car off and restarted. Eml light is gone but ses remains. Is it related to the tps sensors?

illestminimike 11-15-2012 09:05 PM

No it's not. Get the codes read. You might need to have someone recalibrate everything. I had the same problem. It's really annoying.

Cayne23 11-16-2012 06:07 AM

Yea well when i got my clutch replaced i had the shop scan my car cuz my eml then dsc liggts would come on. They said it was my throttle potentiometers. Both of them, which need calibration after install. They said they would do everything for 250. Not bad cuz the sensors r 102 each. So i've been babying the car til i get it done. Then yesterday when i was on i9, i pushed it a little to merge.into traffic and ding, the eml light and ses light came on. When i got off of i95 the dsc light came on too. Restarted car and only the ses remains. I gotta get them fixed. Havent even been able to enjoy my new clutch. But its ok cuz i gotta break it in. Tryin to space.out repairs cuz my wife isnt happy cuz we just dropped 1750 for the clutch. Gotta get this fixed soon though cuz i have emissons test in 3 weeks rhey wont test me if my ses light is on this sux. And i still meed my oul change lol

illestminimike 11-16-2012 12:01 PM

Well actually we have 3 potentiometers. One is under the intake manifold and is a b1tch to change. Have the shop change then ASAP! They can test which ones are failing, most likely it's the pedal or the one buy the oil filter. Get it done because it will get a lot worst. Now that I think about it, an SES light stayed on when I had these problems too.

Cayne23 11-16-2012 12:12 PM

Yea the mechanic told me that i have one on each side of the motor. I thought i had 3 also. Intake manifold, oil filter, anf the pedal. He said after the install they have to run software for them. And i've been having the eml, dsc lights for like 2 weeks now. Ses came ob for the first time yesterday when i pushed it. Yea gotta get this fixed. Sux. I've spent 2 grand on my car this month. And its only the third month i've had it. But i do love this car. And my mechanic said something about a diff fluid upgrade and my diff seals r leaking a little. So more f'in money. I've told my wife not to even buy me any xmas gifts. Lol. I just want my car fixed

illestminimike 11-16-2012 01:13 PM

Once everything is taken care of you'll love it again. This last month I've been doing everything I need: valve cover gasket, spark plugs, valve adjustment, thermostat, coolant flush, power steering seal, FCABs, and RSM's. once I finish everything I'll start modding again. Just want to fix everything that's wrong with it. When was your last inspection 2? A good shop can tell you everything that needs to be replaced.

Cayne23 11-16-2012 01:27 PM

Um according to the records it was 30000 milea ago. Yea when i got my clutch replaced they did an inspection of my entire car for free. Like they found that my left rear coil spring was broken right at the bottom and they removed the broken piece. Said i shouldnt notice any difference cuz it was at the end of it.

Cayne23 11-16-2012 02:23 PM

Ok i just started my car and ses light is off. It was my 5th start since it came on. Better go get my emissions done now

Cayne23 11-17-2012 04:15 PM

My car still sometimes will crank but not start. Then i try again and it starts right up. Wonder if that qould tell me which tps sensor is going bad