E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General E46 Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Sprint Booster Review - 2004 330ci Auto (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=956894)

InZain08 11-20-2012 02:07 AM

Sprint Booster Review - 2004 330ci Auto

Hey everyone,

I received the sprint booster from Turner and installed it once I got home. Installation is very simple but it can be tedious if your gas pedal assembly won't budge. In that case just apply more pressure onto the white tab using a flathead and it'll slide right off.

Anyway, the results from this little gadget are pretty impressive. I know a lot of fellow fanatics insist that one should simply floor the pedal to yield the same effect but the sprint booster holds more value than that.

The switch comes with three selections, as most of you know; factory (off) setting, sport (green) setting, and race (red) setting. Sport setting is decent and noticeably increases response. Yes, I will say that the car should have come factory like this. Race setting is where I could not stop grinning everytime I accelerated. Since it is midnight here in Cali I was able to really test out this setting from full stops, slow rolls, cruising speeds, and highway speeds. "Awesome" would be an understatement. It is not hard to control the sensitive throttle as some would think; I kept smooth acceleration from rest with ease so MPG shouldn't be much of an issue.

The sprint booster has the ability to save its last setting after disconnecting the toggle switch. I left mine on race setting after the first 30 min test drive.

In the end, I feel that the sprint booster is a great modification for these cars and everyone who is interested should give it a shot when the opportunity arises. I'm 100% satisfied with my purchase.

illestminimike 11-21-2012 03:03 AM

Thanks for the review.

InZain08 11-24-2012 03:14 PM

No problem. Just wanted to share my opinion with everyone.

SHOoff11 11-24-2012 03:21 PM

Thanks for the write up! I'd like to get one for my '99 but I've heard they won't work because the throttle is different. Anyone know if they will?

afstud 11-24-2012 03:42 PM

i believe all 99 and some early 2000 models (correct me if im wrong) were cable driven and then they switched to Drive By Wire which was electronic, so the sprint booster would not do anything for you unfortunately.

illestminimike 11-24-2012 09:51 PM

I might get this for my grandpas Mini Cooper S for Christmas. He really wants it but then again, it would be better to just get a tune for it.

777eThOd* 11-24-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illestminimike (Post 14924251)
I might get this for my grandpas Mini Cooper S for Christmas. He really wants it but then again, it would be better to just get a tune for it.

A Tune + Sprintbooster is even better,Lol.. ;)

Steven747 11-25-2012 09:32 AM

i had sprint booster and it was horrible on a manual. the throttle is so sensitive in race mode that going back to stock is just so much easier and less of a headache. and for 300 bucks you might as well drop 50 more and get the shark injector that does the same thing but also adds some hp

zander271 11-25-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven747 (Post 14924790)
i had sprint booster and it was horrible on a manual. the throttle is so sensitive in race mode that going back to stock is just so much easier and less of a headache. and for 300 bucks you might as well drop 50 more and get the shark injector that does the same thing but also adds some hp

Really? My car came with it and it's not a headache at all, guess I'm just used to it :dunno:

777eThOd* 11-25-2012 10:13 AM

You guys need to save up for a tune, cause it is boss with a tune.

captkhaos 11-25-2012 10:28 AM

I did a search on the Shark Injector on this forum but didn't find any real test reports. Does the Shark do the same thing as the Sprint but with extras? In other words, the gas pedal feel on my 330 basically sucks... especially when easing away from a stop sign etc. The Sprint Booster sounds like it might solve the problem. Will the Shark solve this problem as well? It seems that with the "fuel enrichment, transition fueling, camshaft timing, ignition timing, and VANOS control" enhancements it's a better bang for the buck.

777eThOd* 11-25-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captkhaos (Post 14924872)
I did a search on the Shark Injector on this forum but didn't find any real test reports. Does the Shark do the same thing as the Sprint but with extras? In other words, the gas pedal feel on my 330 basically sucks... especially when easing away from a stop sign etc. The Sprint Booster sounds like it might solve the problem. Will the Shark solve this problem as well? It seems that with the "fuel enrichment, transition fueling, camshaft timing, ignition timing, and VANOS control" enhancements it's a better bang for the buck.

A tune is a tune, of course it's better than the sprintbooster because it's actually giving you REAL horsepower and torque, and you will always have it. Of course you can feel it aswell, the tune unlocks the ECU to the max for the most power, and the Sprintbooster Unlocks the accelerator to the max aswell with 3 options(stock,Sport,and Racing) I think it's worth it, works great with both too. Hope this helped.

InZain08 11-25-2012 04:16 PM

I have both the shark injector and sprint booster installed on my car. The shark injector alone was pretty awesome. It wasn't as dramatic as some might expect but it definitely refined the car and brought it to a higher level. I noticed more power in the mid to high range as well as improved throttle response. Coupling this with the sprint booster made it feel like more of a sports car than a luxury car. Its a great combination for those performance minded enthusiasts.

GMrc51 11-25-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven747 (Post 14924790)

+1 ended up getting the shark.....anyone interested on a first gen sprint booster?

nexus S 4g

cak323i 11-25-2012 04:31 PM

I "sharked" my ZHP and am now waiting for my sprint booster to arrive so I can install it. Looking forward to this :)

777eThOd* 11-25-2012 04:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by cak323i (Post 14925503)
I "sharked" my ZHP and am now waiting for my sprint booster to arrive so I can install it. Looking forward to this :)

You wont regret buying it, very easy to install, I ran it inside the sunglasses box under the radio/AC with my AUX cable aswell.. Here's a pic.

cak323i 11-25-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 777eThOd* (Post 14925516)
You wont regret buying it, very easy to install, I ran it inside the sunglasses box under the radio/AC with my AUX cable aswell.. Here's a pic.

Nice! Once my sprint booster arrives, I'm going to retrofit the Sport Button to it. Like this...

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/p...at122401PM.png

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/p...at122746PM.png

I've figured out how to get this to work using the factory Sport Button (which does not work for non-M cars). Adding this to my ZHP will be something more "factory like" which is what I'm going for :thumbsup:

Everyone I have talked to that has sprint booster installed is telling me the same thing. Since I have my ZHP sharked, this should be so much more responsive after I have this installed :) Looking forward to this!

777eThOd* 11-25-2012 04:52 PM

Yeah I was gonna do that to but I didn't want to get into a mess lol. I break alot of stuff, so I try to take less parts off as possible lol. Tell me how it goes mate!

330xIce 11-30-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMrc51 (Post 14925497)
+1 ended up getting the shark.....anyone interested on a first gen sprint booster?

nexus S 4g

Manual or auto?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Bimmer App