E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Suspension refresh! (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=956918)

BRccKLYN 11-20-2012 08:46 AM

Suspension refresh!

I have an 01 330ci and it has just hit the 120k mark and have noticed the ride quality dip substantially. I'm looking to do an entire suspension refresh and wanted to know what you guys recommend should be replaced suspension wise on a high mileage daily driver. Thanks.

Solidjake 11-20-2012 09:05 AM

I replaced my oem sport suspension with sport suspension again. Drives so much better

ECSTuning 11-20-2012 10:57 AM

If you want to go for the gusto I'd look at doing the following; Lower control arms, Lower control arm bushings, Front stabilizer links, Front tie rods, Front strut mounts, Rear subframe bushings and hardware, Rear differential bushings and hardware, Subframe bushings and hardware, Lower wishbone bushings and hardware, Upper wishbone bushings and hardware, Control arm front bushings and hardware, Rear strut mounts, Z3 reinforcement plate, Rear stabilizing links, and of course new Hardware. If the shocks are originals there is a chance they are also worn and I'd look at replacing them as well.

BRccKLYN 11-20-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECSTuning (Post 14914928)
If you want to go for the gusto I'd look at doing the following; Lower control arms, Lower control arm bushings, Front stabilizer links, Front tie rods, Front strut mounts, Rear subframe bushings and hardware, Rear differential bushings and hardware, Subframe bushings and hardware, Lower wishbone bushings and hardware, Upper wishbone bushings and hardware, Control arm front bushings and hardware, Rear strut mounts, Z3 reinforcement plate, Rear stabilizing links, and of course new Hardware. If the shocks are originals there is a chance they are also worn and I'd look at replacing them as well.

Thanks. I'll definitely have to look into these items. Wish there was a package of all these items together to bypass the headache.

ECSTuning 11-20-2012 03:11 PM

Well, I do have packages which do exactly that. HERE is a link to them for the E46 330ci. We have a couple different levels repair with a few different brand options. If you have any questions about them feel free to shoot me a PM!

James

xenopherous 11-21-2012 12:33 AM

Does anybody know if i can put M3 springs on a 2002 325ci with sport package? do i need to swap out the strut/shocks as well or i can just replace the springs?

///Miles 11-21-2012 12:42 AM

I recommend going with a site sponsor like ECS Tuning or Turner Motorsport. They have a lot of good pre-assembled packaged that have all the stuff you need for a suspension refresh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xenopherous (Post 14916788)
Does anybody know if i can put M3 springs on a 2002 325ci with sport package? do i need to swap out the strut/shocks as well or i can just replace the springs?

Yes, you can, but if you do it will raise the front of the car and lower the rear slightly because the M3 has a heavier front end. It doesn't look very nice, and the ride will be bouncy with your stock dampers because they will be valved for softer springs and will likely be worn out as well.

xenopherous 11-21-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ///Miles (Post 14916803)
I recommend going with a site sponsor like ECS Tuning or Turner Motorsport. They have a lot of good pre-assembled packaged that have all the stuff you need for a suspension refresh.

Yes, you can, but if you do it will raise the front of the car and lower the rear slightly because the M3 has a heavier front end. It doesn't look very nice, and the ride will be bouncy with your stock dampers because they will be valved for softer springs and will likely be worn out as well.

oh, i thought they will be stiffer not bouncier. did not think about the front end could raise. i guess i should stick to changing the shocks!

BRccKLYN 11-23-2012 03:51 PM

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Will definitely look into a suspension refresh package. I'm excited.