My daughters 2001 330i stereo display is bad. Can not read channel, settings, anything but it plays. What are the options? Can we buy another used unit, put in an aftermarket? Any input would be great. She is on a budget, but i Have replaced many car stereo units. Was concerned about the security system and the intergration of the controls with the cars steering wheel.
Try this BMW approved procedure:
- remove the ground (-) lead from the battery
- remove the positive (+) lead from the battery
- short the leads together for at least 10 minutes (hint: place the leads against the metal battery hold down bracket)
- reconnect the positive (+) lead to the battery
- reconnect the ground (-) lead to the battery (yes, there will be a but of a spark)
What will do for us?
All I know is that the procedure corrects problems similar to the one you've described. I gave used it to correct issues with my audio system - no output unless turning sharply right!!! - and with the Dice iPhone interface. Try it!
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.