E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Southwest (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Houston Living (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=957927)

M3FF 11-26-2012 02:31 PM

Houston Living

I am moving to Houston from Cincinnati in the next couple of months for work. Does anyone have any advice on where the best places to live are? I would like to be near or in downtown. I have been looking at places in Montrose, Midtown, Memrorial Park....

Any help is appreciated!

BADBMR 11-27-2012 12:50 AM

Are you looking to rent or own? My brother lives downtown close to soccer, baseball, and basketball stadiums. Great bars and nightlife all around his building. Welcome to Houston.

[SR]7eventyOne 11-27-2012 07:10 PM

welcome to Houston!

M3FF 11-28-2012 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADBMR (Post 14929834)
Are you looking to rent or own? My brother lives downtown close to soccer, baseball, and basketball stadiums. Great bars and nightlife all around his building. Welcome to Houston.

I am looking at renting. Ya, it will be nice to have an MLS and NBA, something we don't have in Cincy.

RHLP3 11-28-2012 07:16 AM

The Oak Forest is a bit of an up and coming area just outside the loop so the prices are a little more reasonable.

webster 11-30-2012 02:27 PM

you want to be in the loop (inside 610) if you are younger and want access to bars, restaurants, nightlife etc. anywhere in the Upper Kirby, Montrose, Midtown, Med Ctr, Rice Village, Heights area is pretty nice. there are a decent number of duplexes and small homes available for rent. i would advise against the "big box" apartment complexes that try to pass off being "luxury" when all they have is granite counters and laminate flooring but in reality are still "dorms for grownups" shithole complexes.

welcome to houston.

M3FF 12-19-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webster (Post 14941006)
you want to be in the loop (inside 610) if you are younger and want access to bars, restaurants, nightlife etc. anywhere in the Upper Kirby, Montrose, Midtown, Med Ctr, Rice Village, Heights area is pretty nice. there are a decent number of duplexes and small homes available for rent. i would advise against the "big box" apartment complexes that try to pass off being "luxury" when all they have is granite counters and laminate flooring but in reality are still "dorms for grownups" shithole complexes.

welcome to houston.

Thanks for all the advice. I think I have narrowed it down to midtown and the heights. I want to be close to bars and restaurants. Also, I would like to find a unique place. I absolutely hate big apartment complexes.

Riverbmr3 12-19-2012 09:47 AM

memorial or heights will be your good choice, you can park your M3 in my home.:woot: