E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Health & Fitness (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Too much cardio or not enough? Core (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=959081)

ATU2010 12-03-2012 06:54 PM

Too much cardio or not enough? Core
 
Been trying to add some mass to my body for about a month now. My lifting routine is good to go for a little bit I feel because I have been gaining weight and strength. About 7 pounds in three weeks and bench is moving up about every other work out.

My concern is about my core. I've always had what I felt was good obliques however I haven't been able to get more than a "four pack" at most. Looks more like three right now actually. Question is should I try I consume less food or just up the running and core work outs. My concern with running is burning too many calories. Same with less intake won't be consuming enough to continue adding mass like I have been. Mainly wonder how to define my core more while doing a bulk routine...if possible

B_Cyrus 12-03-2012 06:57 PM

what is your diet?

kushy 12-03-2012 07:22 PM

and pics topless

M3Inline6 12-03-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kushy (Post 14948509)
and pics topless

^^^THIS! :eeps:

ATU2010 12-03-2012 10:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
5'10"
184 lbs

Bench Press 225 lbs 5x5
Curl 65 lbs 3x8
Leg Press 300 lbs 3x10
Just to give some rough numbers

Chest 43"
Arms 15"
Waist 33"

Diet consist of chicken, tilapia, broccoli, carrots, whole hog sausage, clif bars, eggs, cheese, little milk, oatmeal. Usually have one cheat meal ever two days. Lots of H2O

kushy 12-03-2012 10:18 PM

very sexy post more pics pls

Steven747 12-03-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATU2010 (Post 14948955)
5'10"
184 lbs

Bench Press 225 lbs 5x5
Curl 65 lbs 3x8
Leg Press 300 lbs 3x10
Just to give some rough numbers

Chest 43"
Arms 15"
Waist 32"

Diet consist of chicken, tilapia, broccoli, carrots, whole hog sausage, clif bars, eggs, cheese, little milk, oatmeal. Usually have one cheat meal ever two days. Lots of H2O

you need to do sit ups and alot of them to get the 6 pack you desire. a few years ago i started with 25 sit ups every morning when i woke up and increased 1 per day and i hit like 115 sit ups every morning and i kept that up for a while 2 or 3 months. let me tell you, that's the way to get cut

ATU2010 12-03-2012 10:31 PM

:confused:

ATU2010 12-03-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven747 (Post 14949023)
you need to do sit ups and alot of them to get the 6 pack you desire. a few years ago i started with 25 sit ups every morning when i woke up and increased 1 per day and i hit like 115 sit ups every morning and i kept that up for a while 2 or 3 months. let me tell you, that's the way to get cut

Wow totally forgot to include my core workout...:facepalm:

Medicine ball crunches 200 every MWF morning before work

Then every other day at the gym...
Weighted cable crunches
Hanging leg pull ups knee bend (alternate weighted or not)
Hanging leg raises (alternate weighted or not)

ATU2010 12-03-2012 10:37 PM

3 Attachment(s)
More pic...

ATU2010 12-03-2012 10:37 PM

Its not that I'm not working them...They just wont cut :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

DILLA 12-03-2012 10:42 PM

Definition comes from diet and cardio.
Ever heard "abs are made in the kitchen"?
Clean diet and low to moderate cardio will get your abs shredded. Not endless amounts of core workouts. I do abs once or twice a week, I let my big lifts for the rest of the week engage my core.

ATU2010 12-03-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DILLA (Post 14949070)
Definition comes from diet and cardio.
Ever heard "abs are made in the kitchen"?
Clean diet and low to moderate cardio will get your abs shredded. Not endless amounts of core workouts. I do abs once or twice a week, I let my big lifts for the rest of the week engage my core.

Diet consist of chicken, tilapia, broccoli, carrots, whole hog sausage, clif bars, eggs, cheese, little milk, oatmeal. Usually have one cheat meal ever two days. Lots of H2O....... :banghead:

I see huge strength gains weekly and endurance just no cut... :/

dabears 12-03-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATU2010 (Post 14949073)
Diet consist of chicken, tilapia, broccoli, carrots, whole hog sausage, clif bars, eggs, cheese, little milk, oatmeal. Usually have one cheat meal ever two days. Lots of H2O....... :banghead:

I see huge strength gains weekly and endurance just no cut... :/

Cheat meal every two days? Have you ever added up your calories? The fact you are seeing strength gains is probably a sign you are eating more than your maintenance calories, when you should be eating less.

What do your cheat meals consist of / look like. What do you do on weekends?

DILLA 12-03-2012 11:13 PM

If i was trying to cut, I would cut out most of the dairy and hog, strictly egg whites, lots of greens, sweet potatoes for carbs, chicken/ fish are good, more greens, continue drinking a lot of water, 3/4-1 gallon, unsalted almonds and nuts, steel cut oats, probably only one cheat meal a week. The right amount of cardio and intensity is crucial though. When I cut I did 3 times a week low to moderate running/cycling for 30 minutes. What do you cook your meats with? Your veggies?

ATU2010 12-03-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dabears (Post 14949149)
Cheat meal every two days? Have you ever added up your calories? The fact you are seeing strength gains is probably a sign you are eating more than your maintenance calories, when you should be eating less.

What do your cheat meals consist of / look like. What do you do on weekends?

Not in a long long time..

Cheat meal is usually a chicken quesadilla from my local mexican restaurant or something along those lines... Weekends aren't really any different to me. My day off from work is Wednesday, so my lifting is MTW, TFS, Sunday off. Chest Tris, Back Bis, Legs, off.

ATU2010 12-03-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DILLA (Post 14949165)
If i was trying to cut, I would cut out most of the dairy and hog, strictly egg whites, lots of greens, sweet potatoes for carbs, chicken/ fish are good, more greens, continue drinking a lot of water, 3/4-1 gallon, unsalted almonds and nuts, steel cut oats, probably only one cheat meal a week. The right amount of cardio and intensity is crucial though. When I cut I did 3 times a week low to moderate running/cycling for 30 minutes. What do you cook your meats with? Your veggies?

Ok see thats one thing. I don't want to cut everything, I just want my abs cut... I still want to continue trying to bulk the rest until Jan 1st... If thats even possible..

Most veggies I mix in with my eggs or eat raw. Meat I usually season with lemon pepper and just spray the pan with Great Value butter flavored pan spray...

kushy 12-03-2012 11:23 PM

dreamer bulk then cut.

ATU2010 12-03-2012 11:27 PM

:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:
was worth a shot....

DILLA 12-03-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATU2010 (Post 14949179)
Ok see thats one thing. I don't want to cut everything, I just want my abs cut... I still want to continue trying to bulk the rest until Jan 1st... If thats even possible..

Most veggies I mix in with my eggs or eat raw. Meat I usually season with lemon pepper and just spray the pan with Great Value butter flavored pan spray...

Unfortunately there is no such thing as fat spot reduction. :(
You still have visible abs, if you want to keep bulking I would eat, eat, and eat untill I get to my target weight and cut from there.

You may want to try "clean bulking" vs. "dirty bulking".
Clean is pretty much what you are doing since you aren't covering everything in butter and eating like you are trying to clog all your arteries. You need to manage your macronutrient and calorie intake though. Something like a 40% carb/40% protien/20% fat portion. Track everything you eat for a week and see your calories and macro portions, it may suprise you and you may have to uptake everything.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use