E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General Off-Topic (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Autozone employee stops robbery - gets fired (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=959323)

pancakes 12-05-2012 06:22 AM

Autozone employee stops robbery - gets fired

another one of these stories.

cliffs: robber holds up autozone, employee makes a dash out to his vehicle, retrieves gun, returns to hold up robber. robber runs, gets away. employee gets fired for returning to the store w/ a weapon. :facepalm:

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes...d-robbery.html

inbefore "can't trust story, it's foxnews :rolleyes:"

XKxRome0ox 12-05-2012 06:29 AM

He should go back to the autozone and rob it
With his gun
Get the last laugh

[bimmer app/galaxy s3]

BMW_Matt 12-05-2012 06:59 AM

Damn that sucks.

bimmerfan08 12-05-2012 07:35 AM

Liberals :eeps:

Steven747 12-05-2012 08:06 AM

autozone did the right thing unfortunately.

i work at a fast food restaurant. first thing they teach you when you get into management is that during a robbery you completely cooperate with the robbery and give him whatever he wants or whatever he wants you to do. never look the robber in the eye or he will think you might remember your face and he will get nervous. if you pull a gun and it turns into a shoot out and the manager dies as well as you maybe killed also while the robber fleeds with a gun shot wound 2 good people dies because 1 person tried to be a hero.

hard to wrap your head around but they did make the right decision

Gottalovethexi 12-05-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven747 (Post 14952864)

i work at a fast food restaurant. first thing they teach you when you get into management is that during a robbery you completely cooperate with the robbery and give him whatever he wants or whatever he wants you to do. never look the robber in the eye or he will think you might remember your face and he will get nervous. if you pull a gun and it turns into a shoot out and the manager dies as well as you maybe killed also while the robber fleeds with a gun shot wound 2 good people dies because 1 person tried to be a hero.

It's hard to wrap my head around your terrible grammar.

NOVAbimmer 12-05-2012 08:45 AM

yeah, unfortunately, while I don't agree with Autozone's policy, they did act in accordance with it.

Lair 12-05-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broey v (Post 14952803)
another one of these stories

//radio.foxnews.com

I'm outraged!

Lair 12-05-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer (Post 14952919)
yeah, unfortunately, while I don't agree with Autozone's policy, they did act in accordance with it.

Papa John's cuts hours to circumvent Obamacare and it's cool because "it's his company and he can do what he wants!"

Autozone cans a guy who clearly violated company policy, and it's an outrage that won't be tolerated.

"Conservatives".

B_Cyrus 12-05-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lair (Post 14952930)
Papa John's cuts hours to circumvent Obamacare and it's cool because "it's his company and he can do what he wants!"

Autozone cans a guy who clearly violated company policy, and it's an outrage that won't be tolerated.

"Conservatives".

Pizza doesn't kill people, guns do.

:eeps:

kaput 12-05-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven747 (Post 14952864)

Two things.

1: Study harder to get out of the fast food industry, although from the sentence structure and grammar, it appears you have found your niche.

2: You know why they tell people not to attempt to stop a robbery? Lawsuits. They don't want to get sued if you injure the robber, or the civil suit from his family from killing him.

Autozone acted both wrong and right. They have the opportunity to change the way people view their stores, and dropped the ball. They followed their policy, but in the end they lost an employee and the money, and a little respect.

SPDSKTR 12-05-2012 09:03 AM

Second time I've posted this picture this morning. I have a feeling it can go places...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_hA7FHu0ykF...n+foil+hat.jpg

BoogetyBoogety 12-05-2012 09:06 AM

"We like you, we want to employ you, here are all our rules, do you agree to follow them as a condition of employment?"

"Yes."

"Great! Here is your position."

...[days pass]

"Looks like you violated one of our rules. We will no longer need your services."

[Outrage ensues]

Make a thread about it...

:facepalm:

NOVAbimmer 12-05-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lair (Post 14952930)

"Conservatives".

I just said I disagree with the policy and that dude was fired in accordance with it. I disagree with the policy from a basic standpoint that "no guns policies don't prevent guns".

When did I mention some kind of outrage?

ThatGuy_JZ 12-05-2012 09:30 AM

I used to work at an Advanced Auto, it was company policy to never interfere with any kind of theft or robbery. You were expected to just let them go or give them what they want. So hypothetically speaking, someone could just come in, grab what they want, and then walk out and all we could do was call the police.

That's corporate for you.

simsima325 12-05-2012 09:31 AM

Most of these companies forbid their employees from bringing a firearm to work. He violated the policy, and was rightfully terminated.

While he was a 'hero' in some people's eyes, he could have just as easily got coworkers or customers killed by resisting the robbery.

NOVAbimmer 12-05-2012 09:37 AM

Instead of just saying what a hero he is and what a bad move this was for Autozone, maybe the local sheriff should offer the kid a job.

VaderDave 12-05-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simsima325 (Post 14952993)
Most of these companies forbid their employees from bringing a firearm to work. He violated the policy, and was rightfully terminated.

While he was a 'hero' in some people's eyes, he could have just as easily got coworkers or customers killed by resisting the robbery.

I think this is the important part. What the employee did was escalate the robbery into a potential standoff/shootout situation. It's much better, IMHO, to just let the guy take the hundred bucks in the till and leave instead of getting someone killed over a few bucks.

NOVAbimmer 12-05-2012 09:41 AM

Also, I'm unfamiliar with the Glock 40 model...

Lair 12-05-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer (Post 14952969)
I just said I disagree with the policy and that dude was fired in accordance with it. I disagree with the policy from a basic standpoint that "no guns policies don't prevent guns".

When did I mention some kind of outrage?

I was referring to the posters itt that are outraged by the outrageous thread title and the outrageous actions of the company that fired the guy who broke Autozone's outrageous rules.

~foxnews