E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General E46 Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   ZHP 6 spd lighted knob and Short shifter P/N (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=959430)

s14realm3 12-05-2012 08:07 PM

ZHP 6 spd lighted knob and Short shifter P/N
 
I am looking to get a ZHP 6 spd lighted knob and Short shifter for xmas gift, can someone let me know what is the Part #. Must be ZHP and 6 spd manual. Does a e90 lighted knob fit on a e46? part #?
thx

Alex323Ci 12-06-2012 03:47 AM

bmw never made the e46 lighted stubby 6 speed shifter knob (aka zhp knob)

but there is a seller on ebay that makes them out of the factory knob and adds a LED to light up the shift pattern like the oem M3

aidan530 12-06-2012 09:49 AM

http://www.trademotion.com/parts/ind...&siteid=214672

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/25112284205/ES2594412/

Here ya go....

nike001 12-06-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex323Ci (Post 14955935)
bmw never made the e46 lighted stubby 6 speed shifter knob (aka zhp knob)

but there is a seller on ebay that makes them out of the factory knob and adds a LED to light up the shift pattern like the oem M3

True and false. They make the F10 M5 knob that is illuminated, which is essentially a ZHP knob. I think I've seen people mention that the leather feels more luxurious (as one would expect in a $100k car) and the top part is just the slightest bit fatter.

I doubt you would even be able to tell the difference unless you were going absolutely insane. So I guess it could be called an illuminated ZHP knob. Or an F10 M5 knob, where the illumination aspect is a given.

I can't tell what these are. Are they the F10 M5 knobs? They seem to be about a similar price.

IIRC for the F10 M5 knob (aka illuminated ZHP knob), you need to take the leather boot off that is attached to the knob by cutting it at the base of the knob itself.

Alex323Ci 12-06-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nike001 (Post 14957951)
True and false. They make the F10 M5 knob that is illuminated, which is essentially a ZHP knob. I think I've seen people mention that the leather feels more luxurious (as one would expect in a $100k car) and the top part is just the slightest bit fatter.
I doubt you would even be able to tell the difference unless you were going absolutely insane. So I guess it could be called an illuminated ZHP knob. Or an F10 M5 knob, where the illumination aspect is a given.



I can't tell what these are. Are they the F10 M5 knobs? They seem to be about a similar price.
IIRC for the F10 M5 knob (aka illuminated ZHP knob), you need to take the leather boot off that is attached to the knob by cutting it at the base of the knob itself.

Hmm, interesting. It seems this F10 M5 knob is illuminated like the E46 M3 knob but it has a two piece appearance unlike the E46 M3 gooseneck lighted 6 speed shift knob/boot.
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=773929

but if the OP still wants an oem stubby shift knob like factory on the ZHP and lighted then he will need to buy one that is modified or modify it. or he can pay more and take the shift boot off the F10 M5. for someone with the alcantara shift boot is where this situation would come up most often.

look like getbmwparts has M5 knob/boot here
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462

cak323i 12-06-2012 09:08 PM

You can get the lit ZHP shift knob from LeatherZ but it really isn't worth the asking price they are posting ($135 for the shift knob and then another $100 for the shift pattern :facepalm:)

You do have a choice of either white or amber illumination. Here's the link if you want to check it out: http://leatherz.com/Merchant5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=01&Product_Code=IllumZHPShiftKnob&Category_Code=Knobs

I think that getting the OEM M5 illuminated shift knob is the way to go but as Dalton posted, there are some things that you have to do to make it fit. It looks awesome and people have already begun retrofitting this shift knob into their cars. :thumbsup:

nike001 12-06-2012 09:14 PM

I took out my BMW Performance knob to put my ZHP one back in because I want to get used to it so I can convince myself to get the M5 knob.

I still much prefer the perf knob though :(

TerraPhantm 12-06-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex323Ci (Post 14958029)
Hmm, interesting. It seems this F10 M5 knob is illuminated like the E46 M3 knob but it has a two piece appearance unlike the E46 M3 gooseneck lighted 6 speed shift knob/boot.
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=773929

but if the OP still wants an oem stubby shift knob like factory on the ZHP and lighted then he will need to buy one that is modified or modify it. or he can pay more and take the shift boot off the F10 M5. for someone with the alcantara shift boot is where this situation would come up most often.

look like getbmwparts has M5 knob/boot here
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462

The F10 M5 knob costs $125. So the same price as the ones on eBay and much higher quality. It's much cheaper than the LeatherZ knob if you count the 6-speed insert too.

The M5 boot fits pretty easily on the E46 base. Or you can just separate the knob from the boot -- it's pretty easy.

No reason to buy a modified ZHP knob with the F10 knob available.

Evan@Tischer 12-10-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerraPhantm (Post 14958155)
The F10 M5 knob costs $125. So the same price as the ones on eBay and much higher quality. It's much cheaper than the LeatherZ knob if you count the 6-speed insert too.

The M5 boot fits pretty easily on the E46 base. Or you can just separate the knob from the boot -- it's pretty easy.

No reason to buy a modified ZHP knob with the F10 knob available.

Agreed! These are great Genuine BMW quality! ..and the guys have been retrofitting them to non F10 M5's/ w GREAT results!!

We have them on special here for 123.95 + FREE Ground Shipping! (US only)

http://www.trademotion.com/sfimages/...mage179507.jpg

Happy Holidays everyone! :clap:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use