E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General Off-Topic (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Do you have any nervous ticks, tourettes, or OCD? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=959759)

kuksul08 12-08-2012 02:11 AM

Do you have any nervous ticks, tourettes, or OCD?

I think most people have some kind of issues whether they realize it or not.

I've got several little issues where I'll crack my knuckles a lot, or pick at the skin on the side of my fingernails when in a nervous situation. I used to have tourettes as a kid where I'd have to blink my eyes really hard at certain intervals or else the urge would completely overwhelm me. Also have OCD occasionally, with things like quadruple checking light switches and door handles, or the e-brake in a car. All of these things show themselves when I'm not preoccupied with doing something else. When I have time to let my mind wander, I start having these weird compulsions.

I've seen some of you admit to having a certain level of OCD. I think many people confuse perfectionism with the actual medical condition of OCD though. Please share!

rcsummers 12-08-2012 02:20 AM

pick the skin around my nails when im anxious or nervous.

really the only one i can think of.

v8 5 12-08-2012 02:27 AM

I put a 2jz in every car

M3JetBlack 12-08-2012 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuksul08 (Post 14961328)
I think most people have some kind of issues whether they realize it or not.

I've got several little issues where I'll crack my knuckles a lot, or pick at the skin on the side of my fingernails when in a nervous situation. I used to have tourettes as a kid where I'd have to blink my eyes really hard at certain intervals or else the urge would completely overwhelm me. Also have OCD occasionally, with things like quadruple checking light switches and door handles, or the e-brake in a car. All of these things show themselves when I'm not preoccupied with doing something else. When I have time to let my mind wander, I start having these weird compulsions.

I've seen some of you admit to having a certain level of OCD. I think many people confuse perfectionism with the actual medical condition of OCD though. Please share!

I have everything you said. Especially the quadruple checking!!! Annoying as fawk!

deafboy 12-08-2012 03:22 AM

A few minor ones but probably kind of odd...

I don't like having doors partially cracked, if it's close to be closed it just needs to be closed.
Light switches, if the lights are on the switch is up, if the lights are off the switch is down. Generally not an issue with lights with only one switch, lol.

That's pretty much it, I think. I never really think about it, I just do it.

mcr_driver 12-08-2012 04:37 AM

I think have an OCD, every time griffin posts something I end up fapping like clockwork...it's become a problem I think...but better fap now.

dualbob103 12-08-2012 05:15 AM

They already got a thread on this, with like 20 pages lol

cowmoo32 12-08-2012 08:34 AM

I had a really bad tick when I was 5 years old but don't remember it. I count things in my head all the time, stairs more often than anything else. If I have a drink that leaves a ring on a table, I either have to put the drink in the same spot every time, or set it down so the circles are all tangent to each other. I can't focus on anything else if I see a picture hanging even the slightest bit off even.

wasp9166 12-08-2012 08:45 AM

chew the sh!t out of my nails watching tv

blow seems to solve this,lol

BoogetyBoogety 12-08-2012 08:50 AM

If I use the word viviparous, I have to use it seventeen times. If I use the word viviparous, I have to use it seventeen times. If I use the word viviparous, I have to use it seventeen times. If I use the word viviparous, I have to use it seventeen times. If I use the word viviparous, I have to use it seventeen times. If I use the word viviparous, I have to use it seventeen times. If I use the word viviparous, I have to use it seventeen times. If I use the word viviparous, I have to use it seventeen times. If I use the word viviparous, I have to use it seventeen times. If I use the word viviparous, I have to use it seventeen times. If I use the word viviparous, I have to use it seventeen times. If I use the word viviparous, I have to use it seventeen times. If I use the word viviparous, I have to use it seventeen times. If I use the word viviparous, I have to use it seventeen times. If I use the word viviparous, I have to use it seventeen times. If I use the word viviparous, I have to use it seventeen times. If I use the word viviparous, I have to use it seventeen times. :hi:

sammk 12-08-2012 09:08 AM

Does spelling words and sentences in reverse count..? Used to do it as a kid just for kicks, still do it occasionally. I do tend to get OCD when I really get into something interesting, not sure if it's OCD or perfectionism..

Lair 12-08-2012 09:53 AM

No, I'm perfectly normal.

:eeps:

rcsummers 12-08-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammk (Post 14961732)
Does spelling words and sentences in reverse count..? Used to do it as a kid just for kicks, still do it occasionally. I do tend to get OCD when I really get into something interesting, not sure if it's OCD or perfectionism..

that would be dyslexia.

sweetbro858 12-08-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasp9166 (Post 14961696)
chew the sh!t out of my nails watching tv

blow seems to solve this,lol

http://i.imgur.com/uLj0u.gif

tock172 12-08-2012 12:04 PM

I tap one of my legs when I sit for a while. Sometimes mess with the skin around my thumb nails. That's about it for physical manifestations ;)

sammk 12-08-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcsummers (Post 14961986)
that would be dyslexia.

Thanks for clarifying, I feel a lot better now!

sandman512 12-08-2012 12:30 PM

TV volume MUST be an even number.
When showering, must do everything in a certain order.

tock172 12-08-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandman512 (Post 14962110)

Just realized I do this too. Volume is always even, I have a shower procedure and I don't like to mix foods. I typically eat one thing at a time before moving onto the next portion of the meal.

auto180sx 12-08-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandman512 (Post 14962110)

Volume must be even. tempter setting in the house or car have to be too, otherwise I go nuts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tock172 (Post 14962115)
Just realized I do this too. Volume is always even, I have a shower procedure and I don't like to mix foods. I typically eat one thing at a time before moving onto the next portion of the meal.

I use to eat everything one at a time, but I've gotten better about it. Now I just can't have two different kinds of food in my mouth at once.

I also bite my nails when I'm nervous or bored.

AfghanScarface 12-08-2012 02:11 PM

I grind my teeth to cope with stressful situations.