Style 71 Refinishing
Started the winter project this week.
I've seen write-ups here and online and had to see if it was really doable.
Turned out not perfect but really good.
8mm Triple Square (XZN) bit to unscrew the screws.
PB Blaster and Rubber Mallet to seperate.
Soak in Simple Green
Klean-Strip Aircraft Stripper (pepboys) to get rid of the clearcoat on the lip.
File down any curb-rash.
Start Wet Sanding....Here's what I used:
60 grit - clear all the clearcoat, get rid of the pitting and even out the filing.
Medium Sanding block
Fine Sanding Block
Xtra Fine Sanding Block
(I found that the sanding blocks are key. Didnt even to look to see if blocks are available for the higher grits though)
Polish (I used a wheel on a power drill)
Putting them back together was relatively easy. Should probably use a torque wrench...I did them by hand. Though I can see how it would very easy to break a screw off.
2-3 hours per wheel.
Wow, big difference between the refreshed wheel and how it used to look. Really good job. :thumbup:
That is awesome! I def need to do this with my wheels.. Thanks for the write up! :thumbsup:
Great job! Thanks for posting tips as well.
Updated with copleted project
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.