E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Love Line (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Ex Still calls and text (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=960624)

RedBarron 12-13-2012 01:31 PM

Ex Still calls and text

My Ex and i broke up 5 months ago. To start off I loved this girl very much. She broke up with after dating for 3 years saying she wanted to enjoy her last semester of college and felt like we became just friends and she had no feelings me anymore.

We talked after we broke up about once a week for a month then I stopped talking to her for a month then she started texting me random things and if I responded she would not respond. Over the past 2 months she will call me twice a month and text me randomly about random things but nothing about missing or anything along those lines.

A few days ago she called me and we talked for 20min then later that night she posted some pictures at a fraternity party with a guy. She texted me that night saying that she does not want to get wrong idea that nothing is between them and she has not had sex with anyone since me. And that she wanted to see me over Christmas break. I responded that she does not have to justify anything to me and do what makes you happy.
Her and I had a amazing relationship and we loved each other very much and she ended it out of the blue one day, so it's hard for me to ignore her and I guess she misses as well but does not want to come out and say it.
Another thing i am unsure about she is graduating form college this Saturday and I am unsure if I should send her a card or something. Gotta love girls haha

Russian172 12-13-2012 01:33 PM

She just wants the D for X-mass

Breezy 12-13-2012 01:40 PM

She is just talking to you because she still "has" you. By that I mean, she knows you will respond and she desires your attention. This does not mean she wants you back, or even has the same feelings. A woman's brain is wired to seek out attention which in turn acts as validation. Stop enabling her. Cut that b!tch loose

Bimmer4Lyfe 12-13-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breezy (Post 14976798)
She is just talking to you because she still "has" you. By that I mean, she knows you will respond and she desires your attention. This does not mean she wants you back, or even has the same feelings. A woman's brain is wired to seek out attention which in turn acts as validation. Stop enabling her. Cut that b!tch loose

/thread

DylloS 12-13-2012 01:45 PM

just do her. See what happens.

Mark M 12-13-2012 01:57 PM

Yeah....hang out over Christmas if it works out....she wants to hookup...she misses what it feels like and knows it will be comfortable with you. So give that to her and have fun together, but don't let your mind play tricks on you, it is nothing that will last. More like a last hurrah. Don't don't don't don't profess any feelings or pine for her. That is the worst thing you could do and will only validate her feelings to leave you. Instead play cool, show you are happy upbeat and have fun with her as if she was anyone else you'd hang with.

Trust me....learned that lesson the hard way long ago.

After Christmas cut her free and stop feeding her need for validation.

sakumaxp 12-13-2012 02:00 PM

When in doubt whip it out!

SATX_E46 12-13-2012 02:09 PM

See her true colors now, meet up with her on break and make her do things she would never think of doing while you guys were together.... Drink heavily and treat her like a bar pick-up and make her feel like she's defiantly not the only one! Take her out and hit on all her friends, say you want three sums with them... That's what I would do

DylloS 12-13-2012 02:12 PM

just keep your guard up and take it really slow. I know it's hard to control your emotions but knowing what she is capable of should help.

SLVR JDM 12-13-2012 02:13 PM

You have 3 options:

1. Ignore her entirely (best option)
2. Smash over Christmas (since that is what she wants) and then cut her off (not a nice thing to do and may not help you get over her)
3. Smash and keep talking which will likely ensure that she hurts you further in the long run

RedBarron 12-13-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SATX_E46 (Post 14976876)
See her true colors now, meet up with her on break and make her do things she would never think of doing while you guys were together.... Drink heavily and treat her like a bar pick-up and make her feel like she's defiantly not the only one! Take her out and hit on all her friends, say you want three sums with them... That's what I would do

haha, she is a smart girl and a huge bitch so if I tried to play her she would do the same. Out of sheer chance I have been talking to one her room mates best friends and been going out with her. Her parents love me and her father still emails me and when I am in town always invites me over for a drink and dinner. I'm not certain she wants to hook up but if we hang out and drink it will prob be easy.

Breezy 12-13-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLVR JDM (Post 14976887)
You have 3 options:

1. Ignore her entirely (best option)
2. Smash over Christmas (since that is what she wants) and then cut her off (not a nice thing to do and may not help you get over her)
3. Smash and keep talking which will likely ensure that she hurts you further in the long run

One is the best option but the hardest to do. I don't think she wants to fvck but she might. Girls LOVE attention, especially past lovers, it shows they still have power and are still desired.

Solidjake 12-13-2012 03:12 PM

Stop talking to her.

RedBarron 12-13-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solidjake (Post 14977091)
Stop talking to her.

I never initiate conversation, she is always the one calling or texting me. So I should just ignore her. I would kinda like another chance with this girl, typically I move on and never talk to them again, however she has always been different to me.

Solidjake 12-13-2012 04:15 PM

Well... give her one chance but don't make it seem like you're all crazy that she is connecting with you again. Remember, she broke it off so make her work for it.

pakman3 12-13-2012 04:36 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGobXsmPx78

ImSoFreaknWhite 12-13-2012 04:48 PM

Personally I would just stop replying to her all together. As stated before she doesn't want to get back together shes most likely looking for the "D". And if you give it to her chances are this new girl your talking to will find out about it. (I recall you said it was her roommates best friend or something. I'm sure the three of them hang out occasionally and word will get out.) don't let one round of baby making ruin your new relationship with the other girl. just my 2 cents on the situation...

CMT247 12-13-2012 08:02 PM

If you want her back, then she is the one that needs to make the 1st COUPLE moves...

Funny that she mentioned the guy in the FB photos. Maybe she misses being in a relationship and has found the single life to not be as fun as she thought?

Regardless of anything the situation seems pretty unstable and I think it is best for your psyche to keep some distance because it seems like you are still kind hooked on her... if you are not then go along with whatever she suggests (ie hanging out over xmas break). Don't get attached but at the same time, you don't need to ignore her and shut her out completely... you can genuinely just be a friend and accepting of how things turned out.

ImSoFreaknWhite 12-13-2012 08:39 PM

Go buy an m3 and enjoy life without her.

chris10492 12-13-2012 09:05 PM

I agree, cut all connections, and +1^

+1 to 2 posts up lol