E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Coil over selcetion (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=961465)

nckash055 12-18-2012 12:31 PM

Coil over selcetion

Hey guys been reading threads since 8am and can't decide weather to go vmaxx or race land ultimos coils I have a bagged 2000 e46 daily driver sedan have rocker coils and are junk so want to buy new ones but don't want to spend crazy money .. I have had vmaxx in my 07 Mini Cooper s but never race lands so if any one on here has used both on there e46 would love sum info / and also opnions thanks guys

Mango 12-18-2012 12:52 PM

My opinion is to go stock. Don't put any DMAXX or Rokkors on your car. Dangerous and horrible

VMRWheels 12-18-2012 01:16 PM

In my opinion, you should save a bit more for something higher quality, and would pass on the Racelands.

lcoleman 12-18-2012 03:38 PM

Roxxor and Riceland are the same thing iirc. If your car is bagged, why do you need coilovers?

choxor 12-18-2012 03:53 PM

You should post in the suspension section.

I hear they love to talk about suspensions there.

WDE46 12-18-2012 03:55 PM

Bilstein PSS or PSS9. Done.

swordsman11868 12-18-2012 10:59 PM

Love my adjustable Bilstein PSS. World of difference from the stock (non-sport) suspension.

Zell 12-18-2012 11:32 PM

lolracelands

mq124 12-19-2012 09:16 AM

rocker is a sister company to raceland so same quality. You already have had vmaxx so if you liked them and want to go cheap then get them I suppose. But you are posting in a BMW community and the common answer is going to be buying quality suspension components. I went with KW and never looked back. ST is basically KW without the same coating on them to prevent rust, so if your not driving during salt/snow you could save a few hundred by getting ST

Kris@TSS 12-20-2012 05:49 PM

If you are looking to stay within that price range we have Street Edge Coilovers. There is a review thread floating around here in the Suspension section. If you don't mind saving a bit longer I would recommend KW coilovers. The V2s are well liked within the E46 community. I personally run KW Street Comforts on my E60.

http://thesuspensionsource.mybigcommerce.com/e46/

ModBargains.com 12-21-2012 09:07 PM

The answer is simple; you get what you pay for when it comes to vehicle suspension. As such a crucial component of your vehicle, suspension is definitely something you do not want to cheap out on. A coilover suspension basically gives you a matched lowering spring and shock absorber combination with the added benefit of adjustable ride height and spring rates through a moveable spring perch or perches. Coilovers are to your car's advantage by reducing unsprung mass, increasing suspension travel, and allowing the car to be corner balanced.

You may want to check out the ST V1 coilovers if your on a budget. Coming from the makers of KW suspension systems the only main difference between the ST Variant 1 and KW Variant 1 is the steel they use. While KW uses Stainless Steel for their shock housing, ST uses Galvanized Steel. However, this does not mean a drop in quality, durability, or appearance. Although coilovers that use galvanized steel are more prone to corrosion due to environmental influences (i.e. mixture of salt water); those in the lower states: California, Texas, Florida, Nevada, etc. don't have to worry about corrosion. Those in the mid to upper States that snow still don't have much to worry about as long as they do not drive in heavy snow conditions upon where salt is used on roads. To further ensure those with doubt about Galvanized Steel, ST has corrosion resistant zinc plating on all of their threaded strut housings for further protection. They're significantly cheaper than the KW lineup and are a popular choice!

LeoP 12-26-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VMRWheels (Post 14990301)
In my opinion, you should save a bit more for something higher quality, and would pass on the Racelands.

You should definitely save a little more and get something of quality.