E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Health & Fitness (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Injury 6 years ago. (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=961569)

always-there 12-19-2012 02:28 AM

Injury 6 years ago.

1 Attachment(s)
So I'm here at my favorite track, going for a late night job. Another attempt to get back in my fighting weight, or so they say. I used to jog between 4-5 miles a day, including Saturday and Sunday. Yea I know, you're supposed to rest and not over do it, but I was determined, and I feared of being obese. Six years ago, I had gone for my daily night run while making a foolish mistake to read an important text I fell off the tracks edge bending the crap out of my ankle. I couldn't get up for nearly an hour because of the intense pain, so I took a couple breaths and walked very slowly to my car. To make matters even worse, my car was manual, more pain. I never went to a doc, which was very stupid. I got home and my ankle/feet were so swollen it was unbearable, I couldn't even stand up. Years went by and I ended up gaining over 30+ pounds. I used to be 172-175, and now I'm 232. I'm where I promised myself I wouldn't be. I ended up getting free X-rays and diagnostics from a good friend of mine " foot & ankle associates", and the results weren't good. I didn't know what I exactly damaged since I didn't have and still don't have health insurance, so I couldn't help myself. I didn't want to pay nor could I afford what I thought would be thousands to fix my ankle. It turned out I had ripped tendons, my lateral lateral ligament to be more specific. I knew I really messed it up, and because of this I hadn't been able to get back on my feet. It's as if I have lost all my determination and will, I can't do anything about it, I can't find motivation. I'm here at the park I used to run and jog at--I decided to give it another shot. I feel unbalanced because of my injury, but I decided to see it as an excuse and better my health. Time to lose weight and see a doc no matter the cost. I really miss being light, fast, strong and well, good looking, lol.

Attachment 482680

That might be a little cheesy, but a friend of mine showed me this, said it inspired him so I read it.

jmcdolej 12-19-2012 10:01 AM

Sounds like you have the right attitude. You need to have the ankle examined right away. You need to get it taken care of or it will lead to more health problems. Hip problems knee problems. After that you need to take it slow and follow a plan. My weight was close to yours a year ago. I am close to the goal weight that you have also. I run a lot and use weight watchers. It can be done you just have to have the drive. Document everything you eat and workout. Be patient and slowly but surely you will get there.

Ghostie 12-20-2012 12:49 PM

Been there, done that...

Get yourself to a doctor, then get back on the horse

BreakMyWallet 12-20-2012 01:30 PM

If you didn't rehab it properly it may have never healed. Get it checked out

Geo31 01-23-2013 03:34 PM

Do not stretch until you have SLOWLY warmed up. Studies have found that cold stretching can actually cause injuries.

DILLA 01-23-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo31 (Post 15089000)
Do not stretch until you have SLOWLY warmed up. Studies have found that cold stretching can actually cause injuries.

It's all about dat dynamic stretching

always-there 04-11-2013 02:34 AM

Lately, I've been eating lots of salmon, trout, chicken and lean beef. I think I've lost around 10 pounds.