E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Lighting Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   how do i remove headlight bulbs for low beam and high beam from an 04 325ci? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=961578)

A.TRN E46// 12-19-2012 05:21 AM

how do i remove headlight bulbs for low beam and high beam from an 04 325ci?

I've just joined and was able to open up the lid that houses low beams but i dont know how to undo the bulb. Also is there a way to open driver side high beam cap without removing headlight? and yes my car is a facelift 04 coupe. thanks so much for repsonses!

sillieidiot 12-19-2012 05:59 AM

with or without factory xenons? it's a little bit different for each.

WDE46 12-19-2012 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A.TRN E46// (Post 14992594)
I've just joined and was able to open up the lid that houses low beams but i dont know how to undo the bulb. Also is there a way to open driver side high beam cap without removing headlight? and yes my car is a facelift 04 coupe. thanks so much for repsonses!

I think you have to take the headlight out. I can't remember though. Do you have xenons or the halogen projectors?

For others, remember that his facelift coupe has unique headlights. The other E46 headlight practices do not apply here.

A.TRN E46// 12-19-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillieidiot (Post 14992610)
with or without factory xenons? it's a little bit different for each.

they are without xenons, just normal halogen. also thanks so much for the quick response!

A.TRN E46// 12-19-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WDE46 (Post 14992651)
I think you have to take the headlight out. I can't remember though. Do you have xenons or the halogen projectors?

For others, remember that his facelift coupe has unique headlights. The other E46 headlight practices do not apply here.

yeah i just have the normal halogen lights haha. also, thanks so much for the quick response! i just got an e46 so im afraid to do something wrong to it haha

WDE46 12-19-2012 02:35 PM

If you can reach the back of the headlight, you just need to twist the connector with the wires on it to the left like you are undoing a regular bolt. It should just pop out. These aren't really any different than any normal headlights.

sillieidiot 12-19-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WDE46 (Post 14993789)
If you can reach the back of the headlight, you just need to twist the connector with the wires on it to the left like you are undoing a regular bolt. It should just pop out. These aren't really any different than any normal headlights.

for facelifted coupe, you don't twist at all.

there is a cover on the back of the headlights. pop it off. then you will see the bulb. attached to it should be a black connector, just pull it off. next you will have to take off the metal clip that holds the bulb in place. you just have to unhook it from whatever is holding it in place and you're done.

WDE46 12-19-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillieidiot (Post 14994034)
for facelifted coupe, you don't twist at all.

there is a cover on the back of the headlights. pop it off. then you will see the bulb. attached to it should be a black connector, just pull it off. next you will have to take off the metal clip that holds the bulb in place. you just have to unhook it from whatever is holding it in place and you're done.

Ah, okay. I couldn't remember what it look like when I last removed my lights. I'm thinking of your average everyday halogen lights.

A.TRN E46// 01-12-2013 12:43 AM

a little late on this cuz i havent logged on in a while and i forgot my pw lol. but thanks so much guys, it worked! also im trying to change my front turn signal bulbs and dont know how either. it seems to have a stalk but i do not know how to remove it. Also @sillieidiot, ive gone through so many lighting-oriented posts and your name pops up a lot you seem to know so much! not to be a creeper but im wondering what your headlight set up is with angeles bulbs and everything thanks so much :]!!

sillieidiot 01-12-2013 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A.TRN E46// (Post 15054064)
a little late on this cuz i havent logged on in a while and i forgot my pw lol. but thanks so much guys, it worked! also im trying to change my front turn signal bulbs and dont know how either. it seems to have a stalk but i do not know how to remove it. Also @sillieidiot, ive gone through so many lighting-oriented posts and your name pops up a lot you seem to know so much! not to be a creeper but im wondering what your headlight set up is with angeles bulbs and everything thanks so much :]!!

thanks. yea i always get PMs of people saying "when in doubt, PM sillie" lol

currently i just have 5000k Osram CBI low beams, with 5000k LED corners from F1 autohaus (not sure if they are still around). For angels I have prototype EAS Aurora's for the FL coupe. They never released them, but if you wanted LED angels. Umnitza is your best bet.

A.TRN E46// 01-13-2013 05:33 AM

oh i see.. yeah i saw your garage pics..again no creeper haha and its looks so sick! yeah i saw all your responses and thought "this guy is good" haha. i hope you dont mind if i PM you if i have any inquiries haha