E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General Off-Topic (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Cancun anyone? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=961610)

Breezy 12-19-2012 11:17 AM

Cancun anyone?

I did a search and found some info but seemed a little dated..anyway so we're staying in the hotel zone and from what I understand we don't really need to leave this area? How are the beaches? I've been all over the Caribbean, how do they compare? Anywhere in particular for NYE in the hotel zone? Staying at the live aqua luxury if anyone's been there..leave Christmas morning come back the 1st. :hi: Are the pyramids worth checking out?

IdahoToyo 12-19-2012 11:24 AM

I did it for SB about 4 years ago. To be honest I preferred Cabo much more. Personally I was more than fine w/ just a casual, relaxing time w/ the ability to head out to a few decent bars. Cancun was a crazy party but as I was 21 at the time I'd been doing that at college for the past 6 months. Still a fun time though! We rented a car and drove up to the pyramids, that was enjoyable little adventure!

SLVR JDM 12-19-2012 11:26 AM

I went for spring break....a decade ago :rofl:

It was the shizz for college partying, but I'm sure it might be different in December.

GRIFFIN 12-19-2012 11:27 AM

i remember my first beer.

Treburkulosis 12-19-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLVR JDM (Post 14993209)
I went for spring break....a decade ago :rofl:

It was the shizz for college partying, but I'm sure it might be different in December.

Good times!

Breezy 12-19-2012 11:43 AM

Looks like it'll be good, it's getting a bit chilly in cali so the warm weather will be welcomed with open arms.

benjamin1 12-19-2012 12:32 PM

I'd recommend staying outside of cancan. Playa del Carmen or Riviera Maya.

Eliott's-BMW 12-19-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breezy (Post 14993176)
I did a search and found some info but seemed a little dated..anyway so we're staying in the hotel zone and from what I understand we don't really need to leave this area? How are the beaches? I've been all over the Caribbean, how do they compare? Anywhere in particular for NYE in the hotel zone? Staying at the live aqua luxury if anyone's been there..leave Christmas morning come back the 1st. :hi: Are the pyramids worth checking out?

I've been there 3 times within the past 15 years.
If you stay in the hotel zone you don't really have to leave the area but you will miss out on a lot of other fun activities. you should at least go to isla mujeres and eat seafood, its delicious, you can also visit the locals downtown area buy cheap t-shirts and whatever.
The beach is the best I've seen the sand is almost white and water looks aqua blue and you can even see the fish swimming in it.
The hotels are all nice but Live Aqua Luxury? I particularly don't recommend the 5 star unless you like to be surrounded by senior citizens that hate noise, I like the 4 star instead.

Breezy 12-19-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eliott's-BMW (Post 14993521)
I've been there 3 times within the past 15 years.
If you stay in the hotel zone you don't really have to leave the area but you will miss out on a lot of other fun activities. you should at least go to isla mujeres and eat seafood, its delicious, you can also visit the locals downtown area buy cheap t-shirts and whatever.
The beach is the best I've seen the sand is almost white and water looks aqua blue and you can even see the fish swimming in it.
The hotels are all nice but Live Aqua Luxury? I particularly don't recommend the 5 star unless you like to be surrounded by senior citizens that hate noise, I like the 4 star instead.

Cool, thanks for the information, I think we will check some of that stuff out. As for the hotel, It's actually already been booked, I'm going with my family as we haven't gone on a vacation for a while so I'm ok with the 5 star. I figure there has to be stuff for my brothers and I to do at night, we'll find stuff I'm sure. :thumbsup:

Eliott's-BMW 12-19-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breezy (Post 14993546)
Cool, thanks for the information, I think we will check some of that stuff out. As for the hotel, It's actually already been booked, I'm going with my family as we haven't gone on a vacation for a while so I'm ok with the 5 star. I figure there has to be stuff for my brothers and I to do at night, we'll find stuff I'm sure. :thumbsup:

Yeah, just don't wonder off the tourist areas at night or you could be in trouble, during daytime is no problem and anything you want to know ask the taxi drivers ( :4ngie: ) they know everything about the area. Night life is awesome in Cancun, most taxi drivers can get you anything you want :D

NJ///M 12-19-2012 01:10 PM

The beaches have been rebuilt recently and are amazing. NYE parties should be everywhere. Stay in the hotel zone now, I wouldnt call the rest of the area safe accept on a guided tour. The pyramids are worth it, Talum is only an hour away.

cowmoo32 12-19-2012 01:17 PM

All I remember about Cancun was scuba diving.

Eliott's-BMW 12-19-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowmoo32 (Post 14993602)

:rofl:
Some people go really wild in Cancun, I remember this old white guy (probably on his late 60's or early 70's) he was at this night club my girlfriend and I went to and he was by himself drinking at the bar, after 1 hr he busted out dancing like if he was a teenager, went back for more tequila danced another hour and he went on and on until he dropped dead on the dance floor :( (it was 4am by then) paramedics came and took the guy and they said he had a heart attack :tsk: but I think he still had a smile on his face when they covered him up.

cowmoo32 12-19-2012 01:54 PM

Nah, that was probably 10-12 years ago.

Treburkulosis 12-19-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowmoo32 (Post 14993602)

I can't remember **** to my two trips. What happens in cancun stays in cancun.

Breezy 12-19-2012 02:39 PM

Definitely looking forward to some good sunsets on the beach with a brew...got my cam ready!

GRIFFIN 12-19-2012 02:40 PM

in for nudes of sexy women and op

Breezy 12-19-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRIFFIN (Post 14993802)
in for nudes of sexy women and op

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...edopper/pb.jpg

:eeps:

GRIFFIN 12-19-2012 02:46 PM

http://www.heberger-image.fr/data/im...769_Gif392.gif

Treburkulosis 12-19-2012 02:49 PM

We went in 99 and 00. I wish I hadn't been so serious with my GF at the time. I missed a lot of hook ups. The MTV event was the where it was at. I had a blast. My cousin came with us in 00, and he just went back for his honey moon, and he said its nothing like it was.