E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General Off-Topic (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   I need a suit (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=961914)

DylloS 12-21-2012 10:42 AM

I need a suit
 
probably the worst place to ask because I know people spend a lot around here but I need a new suit.

Looking to spend under $300. I will probably wear it a few times a year to weddings or something.

I think I want a nice grey, slim/athletic cut. All the suits I have which I haven't worn in quite a while are an older out of style fit. They basically make me look fat. I'm thinking of shopping after the holidays in hopes of finding good deals. So where should I go? Macys? Mens Warehouse?

Solidjake 12-21-2012 10:44 AM

I love my Express suits

About $200 now for a jacket and pants

http://www.express.com/suit-shop-71/...w/12/index.cat

SJTrance 12-21-2012 10:48 AM

Yeah, I'd have to second Express suits for a cheap alternative with a decent cut. Of course, everyone here is going to suggest you do $1000 plus suits, but if you're trying to keep the costs down, you can't beat Express. Then, you might be able to find some great deals here and there or even consider buying used.

Edit: Check out the J Crew factory outlet...

http://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothing/suiting.jsp

mistrzmiasta 12-21-2012 10:49 AM

$300?!?!? :rofl: try joseph A.banks with that pocket change small fry. the nerve on this fvcking guy.

Solidjake 12-21-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta (Post 14999083)
$300?!?!? :rofl: try joseph A.banks with that pocket change small fry. the nerve on this fvcking guy.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/27743950.jpg

rohde88 12-21-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJTrance (Post 14999080)
Yeah, I'd have to second Express suits for a cheap alternative with a decent cut. Of course, everyone here is going to suggest you do $1000 plus suits, but if you're trying to keep the costs down, you can't beat Express. Then, you might be able to find some great deals here and there or even consider buying used.

Edit: Check out the J Crew factory outlet...

http://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothing/suiting.jsp

Jcrew may not fit him well considering his shoulders and his quest for slimness.

You should PM Mike Larry, he did a ton of research on this price point in NYC.

DylloS 12-21-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta (Post 14999083)
$300?!?!? :rofl: try joseph A.banks with that pocket change small fry. the nerve on this fvcking guy.

I'm not even sure I understand

v8 5 12-21-2012 10:53 AM

this is in the $300 range

http://i.imgur.com/MZvwV.png

the tuxedo t-shirt

SJTrance 12-21-2012 10:53 AM

You could always get the closest fit that you can muster off the rack and spend a little more money and tailor the rest to fit you well.

mistrzmiasta 12-21-2012 10:54 AM

seriously though...try century 21. they have some nice suites and for around 300-400 you'll maybe get a hugo boss or similar.

rohde88 12-21-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DylloS (Post 14999096)
I'm not even sure I understand

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...05143706_n.png

mistrzmiasta 12-21-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DylloS (Post 14999096)
I'm not even sure I understand

me neither.

IdahoToyo 12-21-2012 10:54 AM

I'll second all the Express suggestions. Solly I worked there for two years and the quality of the merchandise is great for the cost. Sometimes the fit isn't for everyone as it is a bit slimmer. Think you'd be able to do well with ~300 in there. Also I'm a big fan of their fitted dress shirts, check to see if they have their 3 for 90 deal or whatever it is. Damn do I miss that discount sometimes :(

DylloS 12-21-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohde88 (Post 14999091)
Jcrew may not fit him well considering his shoulders and his quest for slimness.

You should PM Mike Larry, he did a ton of research on this price point in NYC.

thanks I'll do that. Yea I need something that fits well. Not a huge old school look and not one for a 145lb person.

mistrzmiasta 12-21-2012 10:55 AM

i just said it because of the first sentence in his post.

SJTrance 12-21-2012 10:56 AM

Try them out at these outlets.

http://factory.jcrew.com/help/store_locator.jsp

DylloS 12-21-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta (Post 14999113)
i just said it because of the first sentence in his post.

I see you fuuckers spending $300 on shoes dude. That sh1t is absurd to me.

casino is no lie 12-21-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DylloS (Post 14999096)
I'm not even sure I understand

He's implying that $300 is a poor man's suit and that the mere thought of wearing such a cheap suit is laughable.



Among the brands already mentioned, you may be able to piece together something from Kenneth Cole within your budget.

DylloS 12-21-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJTrance (Post 14999116)

thanks. 12 miles from my house.

rohde88 12-21-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DylloS (Post 14999118)
I see you fuuckers spending $300 on shoes dude. That sh1t is absurd to me.

everything is relative.

How much do you spend on Rogue equipment???


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use