E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   FS: 2 x Canon Single Lens 650Ds Brand New (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=961941)

screamer-beemer531 12-21-2012 01:54 PM

FS: 2 x Canon Single Lens 650Ds Brand New

Hey guys, just got 2 very nice pre-Christmas gifts which happen to be the exact same thing :lmao: I got not one but 2 Canon 650D Single Lens 18-55mm kits which are a pretty sweet dSLR. The cheapest I found these packages for is around 600 USD on eBay. I'm selling both of these and for a ridiculous price, mind you only because I didn't pay for them....and not because the world ended :D I'd like these gone before Christmas guys otherwise I might bump the price up after Christmas. Thanks.

Condition: Brand New, zero shutter actuations

Price: 820 USD shipped to Australia, US, Canada, Europe

Payment: PayPal

cardsfan007 12-24-2012 11:40 PM

Both for $820? How bout for 1?

Sent from my MB865 using Bimmer App

screamer-beemer531 12-27-2012 01:37 PM

Sorry mate I want them both gone. If it comes down to splitting them up I'll just put them on eBay.

cardsfan007 12-29-2012 12:47 PM

Pm'd you

smares21 01-13-2013 08:46 PM

Seller is most likely a scammer. I paid him, he said they were shipped with ETA of Thursday. Tried to get a tracking, no response. Tried again, no response.

Filed a paypal dispute just to get his attention. IMMEDIATELY got a message from Paypal: "This user is unable to respond to disputes because their account is currently locked. We are escalating this to a claim for you and will let you know when we have a resolution."

cardsfan007 01-14-2013 12:39 AM

wow, i did THE EXACT SAME THING!!! WTF?!?!?!? filing dispute NOW! God I hate scammers!!!!!! Lesson learned though, when it sounds too good to be true... it probably is

rcsummers 01-14-2013 12:45 AM

So wait, 2 of you paid him??

Who ever you are. Explain yourself now!

cardsfan007 01-14-2013 02:48 AM

Apparently yes, told us identical information. Would be there by Thursday.... still hasnt arrived for either one. We have both filed claims. Just hope we both get our money back. I'm confident paypal will come through

XKxRome0ox 01-14-2013 03:02 AM

Lol
Wasn't it too good to be true?
I really hope both of you guys were not stupid enough to pay him as personal payment ...

[bimmerapp]

cardsfan007 01-14-2013 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox (Post 15058733)
Lol
Wasn't it too good to be true?
I really hope both of you guys were not stupid enough to pay him as personal payment ...

[bimmerapp]

Heck no, at least for me. Never pay as a gift or personal unless its a friend that I know in person. But yes, it was too good to be true. Should have realized but I thought maybe for once someone was a decent person. Guess not

cardsfan007 01-14-2013 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcsummers (Post 15058559)
So wait, 2 of you paid him??

Who ever you are. Explain yourself now!

His name is Paul Taylor, lives in Australia, and apparently is an "attending cardiologist." aka giant scam artist, so no one ever buy anything from this scumbag again.

smares21 01-14-2013 07:22 AM

Of Course Not.

Paypal refund received this morning.

saxual328ci 01-15-2013 11:18 PM

wow you could have gotten one new for $750 w/ a USA warrantee. You wouldn't even have a warrantee if you bought a new item from AUS. if that's where he is.

http://www.adorama.com/ICAT4IK.html

SUHLeen 01-16-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxual328ci (Post 15065308)
wow you could have gotten one new for $750 w/ a USA warrantee. You wouldn't even have a warrantee if you bought a new item from AUS. if that's where he is.

http://www.adorama.com/ICAT4IK.html

The "Too good to be true" part is that he was offering two for basically the price of one. I almost jumped on this, but sorry to the people that were scammed.

I hope paypal works in your guys' favor. Maybe the two of you that got scammed can call up paypal together on a 3-way call. It would be easier for paypal to rule in your guys favor that way, IMO

SUHLeen 01-16-2013 08:38 AM

His last activity was the 8th, so hopefully he will chime in as he had the pics and everything, but that fact that he had two people pay throws out all his credibility.

smares21 01-16-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUHLeen (Post 15065833)
The "Too good to be true" part is that he was offering two for basically the price of one. I almost jumped on this, but sorry to the people that were scammed.

I hope paypal works in your guys' favor. Maybe the two of you that got scammed can call up paypal together on a 3-way call. It would be easier for paypal to rule in your guys favor that way, IMO

Notice my post. Paypal already ruled in my favor and refunded me... :)

SUHLeen 01-16-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smares21 (Post 15066074)
Notice my post. Paypal already ruled in my favor and refunded me... :)

Nice! Completely missed that post, but I'm happy for you! I swear, sometimes PayPal does the right thing, and sometimes they do not! (this happened to me as a seller)but even though I had all the evidence to prove the other person wrong they still sided with him. :rolleyes:

Hopefully they do the same with the other guy but I do not see why not!

cardsfan007 01-16-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUHLeen (Post 15066270)
Nice! Completely missed that post, but I'm happy for you! I swear, sometimes PayPal does the right thing, and sometimes they do not! (this happened to me as a seller)but even though I had all the evidence to prove the other person wrong they still sided with him. :rolleyes:

Hopefully they do the same with the other guy but I do not see why not!

The vast majority of the time they side with the buyer over the seller.

cardsfan007 01-27-2013 03:09 AM

Case is closed. Now just waiting for the money to hit my account. Don't know why people even bother trying to scam. Especially when PayPal is used because we will get our money back. And they are just screwed in the long run. Oh well, sellers loss.

screamer-beemer531 02-09-2013 12:01 AM

OK guys, I'm sorry for the confusion but I actually did have the 2 sets and I did ship them but the courier company f'd up the whole thing. I'm sorry I haven't responded in a long time but I've been busy at work and I've been traveling. I should have visited the site and checked but honestly this wasn't even on my mind and I thought everything was good. A friend and I had the 2 sets and we seriously were trying to get rid of them. This wasn't a scam and I'm extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused. I'm so glad you got your money back guys as I would have refunded you immediately myself. I would never ask for a gift payment and the reason I went with PayPal is this reason of buyer being protected. Again, extremely sorry for the inconvenience. The shipment actually got to the US but was reversed. I only came here because I got the packages back and was stunned because clearly the buyers didn't receive it. Guys, I cannot tell you how embarrassed and ashamed I am. I too am disgusted by scammers and to think I was thought of as one makes my stomach sick. I'm glad you guys got the money back and honestly I owe you guys a favor now. Anytime you're in OZ you're got accommodation on me and that's no joke.