E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General Off-Topic (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Dealer Rant (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=962286)

saxual328ci 12-24-2012 03:13 PM

Dealer Rant
 
Okay so I went to the dealership to look a car they just got on the lot. 2001 325ci. The dealer says to me they didn't go over anything that the car has because it just got on the lot, so she will have to show me when we get back from the test drive.. So I say no problem, I'm familiar with this model. We get to the car to test drive, and she says to me I have to drive it off the lot. I say no problem, but in the back of my head I'm thinking if you haven't driven this car, you won't know where anything is. So before we could leave the lot, I had to help them turn on everything that she needs to see out the window. Yes, them because one was training. To top it off it's snowing outside and the windows are fogging up. Plus we are headed to start driving on a busy road. Ooh and I had explain the stuff on the steering wheel.


(rant) After the drive, why did the manager give me a quote $3000 over the average price? $139xx for a 2001 e46 with no packages. :censor: I would have thought after I showed the dealer how everything worked on the car and gave more info than they were giving me ..that would give them an indication I knew how much the car would cost. If I paid $20k for mine, why should I pay $14k (stock) for a car that has less? That can't be right. I bet some sucker will buy that.

end rant

v8 5 12-24-2012 03:14 PM

cool story bro

Fergo 12-24-2012 03:17 PM

that is why you never buy a car from a dealer, private sales all the way

jerseyzillest 12-24-2012 03:18 PM

Just curious how many miles were on it?

saxual328ci 12-24-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerseyzillest (Post 15004934)
Just curious how many miles were on it?


Close to 70k. Basically for that price I can get a 2004 330ci ZHP.


This pricing thing is crazy. I know I saw a 2005 325cic with the same miles and they asked around $1k more than this one. It was on a different lot, but same dealership. This one was fully loaded. The reason I didn't get it was it was an automatic and it needed transmission work.

Mike325i 12-24-2012 04:30 PM

Better things to do on a snowy day than test drive a car.

Kwando 12-24-2012 04:32 PM

I had to read that twice. My head hurts. What a poorly constructed rant.

Amoeba 12-24-2012 09:39 PM

What did you think would happen when you talk to a used car salesman.

Stankia 12-24-2012 10:04 PM

I thought this thread would be about drug dealers. Not relevant to my interests.

saxual328ci 12-25-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kwando (Post 15005060)
I had to read that twice. My head hurts. What a poorly constructed rant.


sorry. My head hurts too. It's been hurting since I totaled my car. They call it a concussion. Besides, you forgot. This is not a classroom. I wasn't posting a thesis, but a comment. Which is a totally different direction from what you were wanting (composing ha, please).

Just for you I will clarify while my medication is at its full potential. Full meaning 100%. (here goes). My trip to the dealership was a waste today. Not only did they waste my time. They tried to sell me a car that was $3k more the average cost for a model that was completely stock.

Notice I used three types of sentences there. Can you name them all? You shouldn't point fingers, when you did the same. The rule for typing numbers in a sentence is if it is before the vowel you use the words (ex. First, second, third). If the number appears after the vowel, you use 1, 2, 3, etc. In you case you should have typed 2 times instead of twice. :thumbup: :hmm:




@Amoeba You are right. I guess I'm trying to say that this car had just got on the lot and they simply made up a price which was way over the average.

hotcarl01 12-25-2012 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saxual328ci (Post 15004924)
Okay so I went to the dealership to look a car they just got on the lot. 2001 325ci. The dealer says to me they didn't go over anything that the car has because it just got on the lot, so she will have to show me when we get back from the test drive.. So I say no problem, I'm familiar with this model. We get to the car to test drive, and she says to me I have to drive it off the lot. I say no problem, but in the back of my head I'm thinking if you haven't driven this car, you won't know where anything is. So before we could leave the lot, I had to help them turn on everything that she needs to see out the window. Yes, them because one was training. To top it off it's snowing outside and the windows are fogging up. Plus we are headed to start driving on a busy road. Ooh and I had explain the stuff on the steering wheel.


(rant) After the drive, why did the manager give me a quote $3000 over the average price? $139xx for a 2001 e46 with no packages. :censor: I would have thought after I showed the dealer how everything worked on the car and gave more info than they were giving me ..that would give them an indication I knew how much the car would cost. If I paid $20k for mine, why should I pay $14k (stock) for a car that has less? That can't be right. I bet some sucker will buy that.

end rant

It's a 2001 not a 2011. Is it fair to assume this "dealer" is your neighbourhood shiit lot? I wouldn't call it a dealer, more like a car lot.

tock172 12-25-2012 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stankia (Post 15005626)
I thought this thread would be about drug dealers. Not relevant to my interests.

Seriously, why am I even in here?

adaseb 12-25-2012 05:47 PM

Pic of sales women

Or none of this actually happened

NJFF26 12-25-2012 10:57 PM

Who even goes to look at an 01 e46 non m with a 13k dollar price tag. I would be glad to give I my 325xi for half that lol lets make it happen.

kuksul08 12-25-2012 11:18 PM

There ya go OP we found you a car^

roastbeef 12-26-2012 02:43 AM

some girl selling a 10 year old car didn't know where everything was the first time she sat in the car... who cares?

saxual328ci 12-27-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotcarl01 (Post 15005875)
It's a 2001 not a 2011. Is it fair to assume this "dealer" is your neighbourhood shiit lot? I wouldn't call it a dealer, more like a car lot.


No this was not in my neighborhood. Oh and the type is due to the tired body. Pain from accident and no sleep.


Quote:

Originally Posted by adaseb (Post 15006815)
Pic of sales women

Or none of this actually happened

they were old ladies..



Thanks for letting me rant. I found a car tonight. Better deal, different dealer, and way out of my neighborhood...after months of searching. I picked up a 2004 325ci with a little high mileage than I wanted but its a start...

http://www.cstatic-images.com/supers.../50036A/08.jpg

stapler12345 12-27-2012 12:38 AM

just go to a dealer auction. bypass the dealer


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use