E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General Off-Topic (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Do you personify cars on the road? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=962679)

kuksul08 12-27-2012 01:30 PM

Do you personify cars on the road?

I do this and see people do this all the time. "Look what that car just did" and assigning a behavior or personality to a car simply based on what model it is.

When people get out on the road, it no longer feels like moving along at 80mph with other humans, it's just a bunch of cars and I sometimes forget there are even people inside.

I think a persons vehicle is a reflection of their personality a lot of the time whether they realize it or not. You see minivans driving slowly, sports cars going fast and aggressively, and lifted trucks tailgating or trying to run you over. When really it's the person controlling it inside that makes all the difference.

Do you ever think about this?

Five_seveN 12-27-2012 01:33 PM

no

B_Cyrus 12-27-2012 01:34 PM

only when it comes to a prius

PH03NIX46 12-27-2012 01:34 PM

"Look at this douchebag that just cut me off"
"Oh, figures...it's an Audi"

"Who's the asshole driving 35 in a 35?"
"Prius...should have guessed as much"

Those are the two I go through most often.

Breyton-BMW 12-27-2012 01:36 PM

Sometimes.

mscaptura 12-27-2012 01:37 PM

just old porsche driving asshats who think that because they have an expensive car they don't have to obey laws like the rest of us

HBizzo88 12-27-2012 01:40 PM

Really? I've noticed that a lot of people with sports cars normally stay around the speed limit. Like they have nothing to prove really.

EDIT: higher end sports cars.

pancakes 12-27-2012 01:40 PM

just prius.... their drivers are always stupid

... oh and all the BMW nazi-mobile drivers smh

HBizzo88 12-27-2012 01:43 PM

Watched Jack Reacher the other night. Figures the bad guy drives ****** Audi... :rofl:

mscaptura 12-27-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HBizzo88 (Post 15010753)
Really? I've noticed that a lot of people with sports cars normally stay around the speed limit. Like they have nothing to prove really.

its about 50/50 here, in particular there was one group of 3 porsches not pull over for an ambulance but instead gunned it to something like 60 in a 30 going through town

v8 5 12-27-2012 01:46 PM

Maybe

serdar255 12-27-2012 02:03 PM

Prius drivers.

GRIFFIN 12-27-2012 02:07 PM

i think everyone is a ph4gg0t

roastbeef 12-27-2012 02:09 PM

just prius people.

k2pilot 12-27-2012 02:13 PM

Well there definitely is a body language to the way a car's driven. Like coming up on a freeway exit, people will start to drift towards it in advance giving you some clue what they're thinking even if they don't have their signal on. You can sense shame in people if you spot them texting and driving, etc etc. I certainly look at a car as an external reflection of a person, but only in so far as their driving habits, the make and model of the car are a much smaller component.

rohde88 12-27-2012 03:01 PM

no.

AfghanScarface 12-27-2012 03:40 PM

All I know is Prius drivers are the biggest assholes this side of Jupiter.

v8 5 12-27-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfghanScarface (Post 15011040)
All I know is Prius drivers are the biggest assholes this side of Jupiter.

I don't understand why everyone says this

They usually go the speed limit, and let you pass. Sometimes I can see a guy trying to not let me pass, but he's easy as **** to pass - so they don't really have a choice.

Xcelratr 12-27-2012 03:59 PM

I have found that people project whatever's convenient.

Mercedes going the speed limit in the passing lane: "this azzhole thinks he can just drive however he wants cuz he's rich".

Jacked up pickup going the speed limit in the passing lane: "this azzhole thinks he can just drive however he wants cuz he's got a big truck".

Beat up POS going the speed limit in the passing lane: "this azzhole thinks he can just drive however he wants cuz he doesn't have enough money to be assertive anywhere else in life."

Soccer mom with all the kiddies in the huge SUV going the speed limit in the passing lane: "this wench thinks she can just drive however she wants cuz she's too busy texting and putting on more makeup to pay attention".

And so on....

Like George Carlin said: "Have you ever noticed that anyone that drives slower than you is an idiot and anyone that drives faster than you is a maniac?".

v8 5 12-27-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xcelratr (Post 15011087)
I have found that people project whatever's convenient.

Mercedes going the speed limit in the passing lane: "this azzhole thinks he can just drive however he wants cuz he's rich".

Jacked up pickup going the speed limit in the passing lane: "this azzhole thinks he can just drive however he wants cuz he's got a big truck".

Beat up POS going the speed limit in the passing lane: "this azzhole thinks he can just drive however he wants cuz he doesn't have enough money to be assertive anywhere else in life."

Soccer mom with all the kiddies in the huge SUV going the speed limit in the passing lane: "this wench thinks she can just drive however she wants cuz she's too busy texting and putting on more makeup to pay attention".

And so on....

Like George Carlin said: "Have you ever noticed that anyone that drives slower than you is an idiot and anyone that drives faster than you is a maniac?".

What about tailgaiters when there's a car infront of you??