E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General E46 Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Bad day (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=962900)

swaggerwagon 12-29-2012 12:30 AM

Bad day

4 Attachment(s)
I had an accident the other day. :facepalm: Lady pulled out in front of me and hit me sending me over the curb. the damage is limited to the front left and right wheels. It was estimated $4200 by the adjuster and that was just to the naked eye. the bumper is since removed as parts began being sucked into the wheel. Is this worth the repair or should I just start over fresh with my dignity still intact.

KOpower 12-29-2012 06:07 AM

Sorry to hear - but could be worse!

With regards to repairs - will insurance pay the full cost?
if so then go for it

If its out of ur pocket - u have to consider if the rest of the car (including interior) is pristine - then go for it !

Good luck!

E46 4 Breakfast 12-29-2012 10:16 AM

Even though the cost sounds high a bit i would repair the car. What you have is something rare up in Canada. I tried finding a 330I or XI with M package and Manual transmission but in 3 months of looking have not seen one anywhere even went to the my BMW dealer to see if they might have one coming back from a client soon. Ended up buying a 330Xi with Sport Package and Harmon Karmon.
Even now and then i look up on the web and never seen one for sale.

swaggerwagon 12-29-2012 06:42 PM

got the call from the lady's insurance today and they are covering the full cost. the interior is near mint with the exception of the steering wheel with coby wheel is recovering. I am going to go ahead and repair it with hopefully many more years of enjoyment

KOpower 12-30-2012 07:46 AM

Good to hear - good luck!

swaggerwagon 01-14-2013 12:22 PM

Update- the car is getting fixed and I opted to get a CSL bumper for the front just to change things up a bit. The whole left side wire harness is being made and sent from germany so its gonna be a while before my car is on the road again

TallSkinnyMatt 01-14-2013 12:49 PM

Glad its getting repaired! Gorgeous car. Since you have a ZHP, I would just stick with the OEM Mtech front. I think it looks better than a CSL front... But thats my opinion! haha.

swaggerwagon 01-23-2013 08:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Update...bumper is in and is being painted. waiting on radiator support, corner lights, matte black grilles. all shipping from germany so slow as it goes.

Still got about a week till delivery back to me.

TallSkinnyMatt 01-23-2013 10:31 PM

Glad to see its all coming along!

JQuick5156 01-23-2013 10:39 PM

Good to see it will be on the road soon enough. It was good you didn't have to fight with the insurance company and they decided just to cover it.

swaggerwagon 01-29-2013 06:08 PM

After 22 days I am starting to believe that the day I get my car back will never come. Im up to $4500 in repairs and the list continues...bumper shock was ordered yesterday

My325XI 01-29-2013 11:53 PM

Good luck w/ the repair. Good choice though.

sj408 01-30-2013 12:12 AM

hope all goes well on the recovery!

swaggerwagon 01-30-2013 01:19 PM

town and country toyota is doing repairs and I have been by every couple days to oversee how the repairs are going.

I called over today and the car will be ready either tomorrow or friday by lunch time. They are putting it all back together now. This has been possibly the longest 23 days of my life

BBBoy323i 01-30-2013 03:01 PM

Ah good luck OP! Damn, can't believe the bumper cracked like that!

swaggerwagon 01-30-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBBoy323i (Post 15112095)
Ah good luck OP! Damn, can't believe the bumper cracked like that!

OEM Mtech 2 bumper peeled like a banana

MJLavelle 01-31-2013 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swaggerwagon (Post 15111498)
town and country toyota is doing repairs and I have been by every couple days to oversee how the repairs are going.

I called over today and the car will be ready either tomorrow or friday by lunch time. They are putting it all back together now. This has been possibly the longest 23 days of my life

This does not help you now, but if you are in Charlotte, and want excellent body work done, Scott Autobody on Tyvola works on Maseratti's, Porsche's, Range Rovers, Jaguars, Aston Martin's, and many more. Even better, their prices are no worse than any other decent body shop in Charlotte.
After my wife damaged my front bumper by hooking it over one of those concrete blocks they place in front of some parking spaces (I hate those things), they fixed my car. (she got pissed because I yelled at her for hitting it, after I warned her not to, and jammed it in reverse, and really did some damage! They don't call them hot blooded Latinas for nothing!) They got the OEM BMW bumper for $200, which is a good price from a shop, and they only charged $200 for a flawless paint job. I asked them to put some extra clearcoat on it, so I could wet sand out any dings I seem to get from road debris, and they added 4 extra coats, for $50. It still does not have any visible dings after 3 years.
I figure if they can work on all of those high end cars, they can handle my e46.
So, keep them in mind, I'd something else ehould happen (God forbid), or if you have trouble with the Toyota place's work quality, and they are not willing or able to fix it. I actually heard about them from the claims adjuster at Progressive. He said they like to send any high end cars there, because they get the best results. They do warranty work as well for most of the models I listed above, so they must be pretty good at it. I thought they did great work.
I hope everything turns out great!

pawelgawel 01-31-2013 09:58 AM

please take that K&N filter off... it bad for you!!

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Bimmer App

swaggerwagon 01-31-2013 07:20 PM

no worries. the K&N was crushed and will not be going back on the car. i got an AFE dry flow filter to replace it

wildirish317 01-31-2013 07:24 PM

^ I'm sure pawelgawel would've been more than happy to crush it for you if it wasn't already. :impulss: