E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Gun Talk (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   You think it's too late to obtain a CCW license? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=963001)

chris10492 12-29-2012 07:47 PM

You think it's too late to obtain a CCW license?
 
I've been trying to learn as much as possible about the ccw license and guns themselves. I've gone to the range once and a friend of mine taught me some things as well. I really enjoyed learning and shooting his guns. I want to be able to go to the range as a hobby as well as carry it.

I feel confident I have the maturity and responsibility of owning a firearm.
- I will say I am only 20 years old too.

My question is, after all of these incidents and concerns. Do you guys think I still have an equal chance in acquiring a CCW?

B_Cyrus 12-29-2012 07:51 PM

nah OP you're fvcked Obama is going to take away all CCW's and your wife

Sentaruu 12-29-2012 07:54 PM

it wouldnt hurt to try, but it doesnt look good.

chris10492 12-29-2012 08:01 PM

No wife yet B Cyrus lol but I'm still going to give it a try before its too late Sentaruu. I just waned to make sure there isn't a 'hold' on the classes

Serbonze 12-29-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris10492 (Post 15016747)
I've been trying to learn as much as possible about the ccw license and guns themselves. I've gone to the range once and a friend of mine taught me some things as well. I really enjoyed learning and shooting his guns. I want to be able to go to the range as a hobby as well as carry it.

I feel confident I have the maturity and responsibility of owning a firearm.
- I will say I am only 20 years old too.

My question is, after all of these incidents and concerns. Do you guys think I still have an equal chance in acquiring a CCW?

20 years old and living in Massachusetts, no chance.

Nt_loader 12-29-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serbonze (Post 15016794)
20 years old and living in Massachusetts, no chance.

What are the req's for a CCW in Mass? I would begin there and see if you qualify.

Good luck

Sentaruu 12-29-2012 08:17 PM

http://www.usacarry.com/massachusett...formation.html

Sentaruu 12-29-2012 08:18 PM

pretty sure legal age is 18

4ngie 12-29-2012 08:19 PM

My CCW has expired but I'm gonna try to get it renewed in about a week. I've been worried about the same thing.. whether or not it's gonna be difficult to get one after the new year. We're even having a difficult time finding ammo around here. All of the local stores are sold out.

Serbonze 12-29-2012 08:23 PM

21 to carry, 18 for a firearm ID card.

Age doesn't matter though. He lives in Massachusetts which is a may issue state. He's not going to get it.

B_Cyrus 12-29-2012 08:34 PM

I'm curious, why conceal carry and not just open carry? I always wanted to be a cowboy...

Nt_loader 12-29-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serbonze (Post 15016827)
21 to carry, 18 for a firearm ID card.

Age doesn't matter though. He lives in Massachusetts which is a may issue state. He's not going to get it.

"May Issue"

Sorry but in my honest opinion I would not waste my time at this point, there is no way youre going to get it. I think you would need to prove a "need", for example running a cash business.

Nt_loader 12-29-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Cyrus (Post 15016849)
I'm curious, why conceal carry and not just open carry? I always wanted to be a cowboy...

In some states open carry is illegal. When I lived in AZ I would open carry all the time, especially on my bike.

Nt_loader 12-29-2012 08:48 PM

5. You will be required to justify your request in writing. Make your request as detailed and specific as possible. Valid reasons for requesting a concealed handgun include personal threats, being in a high-risk profession or routinely carrying large amounts of cash.

JonJon 12-29-2012 08:54 PM

Move to a free state like PA

chris10492 12-29-2012 09:00 PM

Well I think I may be S.O.L :facepalm: I guess unless I run a cash business like Nt_Loader said, I won't be getting it anytime soon. You think they might consider it justifiable where I live? I live in a woodsy town where there are bears, fishercats, wild animals, etc? A neighbor called in about 2 years ago there was a bear 2 streets down from my house.

I want to be able to use it for recreational use as well as for my safety.

Serbonze 12-29-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris10492 (Post 15016906)
Well I think I may be S.O.L :facepalm: I guess unless I run a cash business like Nt_Loader said, I won't be getting it anytime soon. You think they might consider it justifiable where I live? I live in a woodsy town where there are bears, fishercats, wild animals, etc? A neighbor called in about 2 years ago there was a bear 2 streets down from my house.

I want to be able to use it for recreational use as well as for my safety.

No. You live n Massachusetts. They are not going to issue you one, even after you turn 21. It sucks to hear, but you live in a horrible state for gun ownership.

JonJon 12-29-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serbonze (Post 15016910)
No. You live n Massachusetts. They are not going to issue you one, even after you turn 21. It sucks to hear, but you live in a horrible state for gun ownership.

Which is completely hilarious considering the states history

Lol
May issue: PROVE your peasant life is worth defending!

Peasant!

chris10492 04-04-2013 05:51 PM

Update!!!!

I took my LTC Class on Tuesday night and I passed both oral and written exams. My instructor who is also a cop said I will be getting my class A when I turn 21(on October) but the thing is they are going to issue a class A restricted because they are trying to get rid of class B. if I can give a good enough reason to get the class A UNrestricted they will issue it to me.


On my 21st birthday I will update this thread again. THERE IS STILL HOPE! Lol

5ynd1cat3 04-04-2013 06:05 PM

That's great news! Good luck with it!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Bimmer App


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use