E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General E46 Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   E46 vs Girls (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=963019)

fraser19 12-29-2012 10:17 PM

E46 vs Girls

Found this and thought it was pretty good hope you enjoy.

Just a little late night ramble, this is a full honesty disclosure about why guys like me end up spending our extra money, time, and feelings in life on our cars.

The Car:

You pass her one day and check her out, at first you like the body and stop by. You find out she has low miles and only 1 previous owner, and your mind starts thinking to the first modifications I can do to make her my own.

The Girl:

Again, you notice the hott body and sure she looks clean and dent free, but there is no Carfax for this one. You take her word on being low mileage and that she has only had 2 previous owners.

The Car:

You get her home and pop the hood with intentions of doing work for the first time. Yea, your unfamiliar with the layout, you fumble around for a little, but she forgives you.

The Girl:

You try to "do work", she says, "no". The end.

The Car:

You pour your heart, soul, and time into her. You make mistakes, you break parts, you loose parts, but she is still there. You fix what you messed up, you dedicate yourself to her, and in return she is there and cooperates with you. Bolts loosen easily, parts align correctly, she runs smooth and you have the time of your life. She is the one for you. She makes other guys (and a few girls) jealous, your proud to show her off and take her out. You got lucky, from that first time you checked her out, you knew she was the one.

The Girl:

Again, you put your emotions in her, time, money, you dedicate yourself to her. You make mistakes, and when you realize what has happened she is already gone. You talk to her, you try to fix your mistakes, you try to tighten up loose end, you try to prove that the mistakes and broken parts were an accident, but she doesn't care. You take her out once or twice and spend more money, more feelings, more of your soul on her, she still doesn't care. The next time you see her, she is making you jealous. She is out with others, where she should be with you instead. You think back to the first time you looked at her, and still to this day think she is the one.

The Car:

Running smooth.

The Girl:

Running Loose.

morningisbad 12-29-2012 10:25 PM

My M costs a hell of a lot less than my fiance too...

Angelic0- 12-29-2012 10:25 PM

word!

sammk 12-29-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fraser19 (Post 15017047)

You pour your heart, soul, and time into her. You make mistakes, you break parts, you loose parts, but she is still there. You fix what you messed up, you dedicate yourself to her, and in return she is there and cooperates with you. Bolts loosen easily, parts align correctly, she runs smooth and you have the time of your life. She is the one for you. She makes other guys (and a few girls) jealous, your proud to show her off and take her out. You got lucky, from that first time you checked her out, you knew she was the one.

Now I'm not homophobic by any means but that's the kind of relationship I enjoy with my machine! I take care of her and she takes care of me. Can't count the number of times she's bailed me out and took good care of me..

GotVANOS? 12-30-2012 07:46 AM

Yes...

PH03NIX46 12-30-2012 08:54 AM

You just can't compare a nice girl to a car.

I think you guys are letting this car thing get to your head.

dmax 12-30-2012 08:59 AM

Personally, I feel exactly the same about my toaster. Every morning, at the press of a button, she gets hot. Much simpler to understand than either car or woman!

sammk 12-30-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmax (Post 15017749)
personally, i feel exactly the same about my toaster. Every morning, at the press of a button, she gets hot. Much simpler to understand than either car or woman!

:d

cyberkaa 12-30-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Personally, I feel exactly the same about my toaster. Every morning, at the press of a button, she gets hot. Much simpler to understand than either car or woman!

http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/ORBreadToast.jpg

dmax 01-02-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberkaa (Post 15017789)

How did I miss this? O'Reilly is really brilliant, isn't he? lol

choxor 01-02-2013 08:12 AM

Newsflash: It's a car.

NOVAbimmer 01-02-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choxor (Post 15024278)
Newsflash: It's a car.

Qft... It's got a soul, man. You just don't know.

NicB. 01-02-2013 08:34 AM

Along the same lines...

You may be an e46fanatic when you see a girl driving an e46, and you think, "Wow, we have a lot in common. I drive a BMW, she drives a BMW, same model...I think she's my dream girl, I think I love her, I think I'm going to marry her, I bet our kids would look great! We'd have to buy an X5 though...unless she'd want to put our kids in a 3 series wagon? Wait, would she want that? She'd want to drive OUR KIDS in a WAGON!!! WHAT WAS I THINKING, I DONT LOVE THIS GIRL AT ALL!" ... and then you find yourself yelling "I DONT LOVE YOU ANYMORE!" out the window to some girl who has no idea who you are...

Happens to everyone, right? Right? Buehler? Is this thing on? :)

Born Again 01-02-2013 08:40 AM

Next you'll have names for your cars and go to these things called car meets

Girl >

cyberkaa 01-02-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmax (Post 15024250)
How did I miss this? O'Reilly is really brilliant, isn't he? lol

Only the greatest thinker of our times!

flashmeow 01-02-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

whoa whoa whoa. back up dougy. it is not that girls are complicated it is that you guys are clueless on picking up social cues, body language, facial expression, hidden messages, implied tasks and understanding our intents. for example, Limoncello easily understand my non verbal cues. if I look at him a certain way he would understand that I am upset and would leave me alone. However, if I do the same to the hubby, he thinks I have a twitch or allergy:loco:

jayb328i 01-02-2013 10:41 AM

The E46 you control, you can do the preventive maintenance on, it is predictable. The other thing--not true.

Arock1092 01-02-2013 11:26 AM

This is Great!

MercForHire 01-02-2013 12:27 PM

OP needs to stop acting like a pussy around girls.

dmax 01-02-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashtwosix (Post 15024449)
whoa whoa whoa. back up dougy. it is not that girls are complicated it is that you guys are clueless on picking up social cues, body language, facial expression, hidden messages, implied tasks and understanding our intents. for example, Limoncello easily understand my non verbal cues. if I look at him a certain way he would understand that I am upset and would leave me alone. However, if I do the same to the hubby, he thinks I have a twitch or allergy:loco:

I know that's true for me. I'm oblivious to embarrassing my kids or my friends. They all love me, so ignore that I haven't a clue.

Once, when I was younger, a young woman said that I had beautiful hands and thought that I'd be great in bed. I thanked her for the compliment.

I'm pretty sure I didn't get her intent.

Why is that, do you think, Flash? Is it that we don't care or that we know not to get muddled down in the mire of whatever it is you're thinking? :lmao: