E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General Off-Topic (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   celebrities' anti-gun messages vs the scenes that have made them famous (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=963154)

pancakes 12-30-2012 10:09 PM

celebrities' anti-gun messages vs the scenes that have made them famous

hmmm....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxRlpRcorEU

B_Cyrus 12-30-2012 10:13 PM

pimps don't crryyyy

pimps don't shed a teeeaaarrr

GATOR'S B!TCHES BETTER BE USING JIMMIES

pancakes 12-30-2012 10:21 PM

also, ****ing SARA SILVERMAN talking about "houses of faith" :facepalm:

CollinsE90 12-30-2012 10:34 PM

Some celebrities are drug dealers and killers in their movies, I don't think we have to worry about them distributing meth or killing anyone.

Except for Charlie Sheen.

pancakes 12-30-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CollinsE90 (Post 15019185)
Some celebrities are drug dealers and killers in their movies, I don't think we have to worry about them distributing meth or killing anyone.

welcome to the Republican party. PEOPLE should be responsible for what THEY do... not guns, films, etc... but if you wanna put a secondary source on something... we can always play the liberal card and blame movies :)

5speed5er 12-31-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pancakes (Post 15019194)
welcome to the Republican party. PEOPLE should be responsible for what THEY do... not guns, films, etc... but if you wanna put a secondary source on something... we can always play the liberal card and blame movies :)

please.

Libertarian Party.

CRZY BMW 12-31-2012 12:31 AM

More self-righteous actors imposing their non sense on everyone else, themselves excluded. I wonder if their body guards are armed?

They make millions for a movie and then have the guts to say we should pay higher taxes. How about an entertainer tax. All actors, sports figures, musicians, etc. should be capped at a salary of $250k. Anything over that should be taken away and given to starving families... You know, for the greater good. No more warren buffets telling me to pay more when he owes billions in back taxes for the past ten years. No more Oprahs telling me how great obamas tax plan is when she owns her own island.

mistrzmiasta 12-31-2012 05:38 AM

:rofl: idiots.

oie77 12-31-2012 07:05 AM

haha that was funny. I thought pretty much the same thing when I first saw that add.

No surprise these publicity whrs jump on an opportunity to run their mouths in front of a camera.

Having said that though, you cant deny that images of violence have at least some impact on developing young brains...

Serbonze 12-31-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oie77 (Post 15020120)
haha that was funny. I thought pretty much the same thing when I first saw that add.

No surprise these publicity whrs jump on an opportunity to run their mouths in front of a camera.

Having said that though, you cant deny that images of violence have at least some impact on developing young brains...

Yes, seeing images of Jesus nailed to a cross with blood dripping down his torso from a gut wound and a crown of thorns piercing his scalp nearly every day for my entire childhood clearly made me go out and crucify people as an adult.

'busa 12-31-2012 08:13 AM

"The scenes that made them famous"? Jon Hamm was made famous by that movie with Ben Affleck? Amy Poehler was made famous by a scene in Parks & Rec where she once shoots a gun?

bimmerfan08 12-31-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'busa (Post 15020157)
"The scenes that made them famous"? Jon Hamm was made famous by that movie with Ben Affleck? Amy Poehler was made famous by a scene in Parks & Rec where she once shoots a gun?

Shut your pie hole, these guys are venting here. Don't ruin it. :eeps:

Raymond42262 12-31-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRZY BMW (Post 15019541)
More self-righteous actors imposing their non sense on everyone else, themselves excluded. I wonder if their body guards are armed?

They make millions for a movie and then have the guts to say we should pay higher taxes. How about an entertainer tax. All actors, sports figures, musicians, etc. should be capped at a salary of $250k. Anything over that should be taken away and given to starving families... You know, for the greater good. No more warren buffets telling me to pay more when he owes billions in back taxes for the past ten years. No more Oprahs telling me how great obamas tax plan is when she owns her own island.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

DylloS 12-31-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'busa (Post 15020157)

lol John Hamm should be blamed for people smoking and drinking whiskey if anything

oie77 12-31-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serbonze (Post 15020151)
Yes, seeing images of Jesus nailed to a cross with blood dripping down his torso from a gut wound and a crown of thorns piercing his scalp nearly every day for my entire childhood clearly made me go out and crucify people as an adult.

Try not to be so literal man.

Do you really think peoples' environment, especially in the early stages of development, has no impact on their behavior? None?

mistrzmiasta 12-31-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DylloS (Post 15020191)
lol John Hamm should be blamed for people smoking and drinking whiskey if anything

sort of like candy cigarettes?

Silver_Surfer 12-31-2012 09:52 AM

I don't think actors should be blamed for other peoples actions. That's the problem, everyone wants to put the blame on someone else. Instead of saying, "Man, that guy is Fk'd up for shooting all those people, what a bastard" they say, "The mother should not have had guns in the house or he listened/watched/played to many (insert edgy music/movies/video games)." However, I do see the irony of some actor protesting what he just glorified in the latest summer blockbuster. Which is another issue, society puts too much weight in the words some actor or musician preaches about their flavor of the month cause.

NOVAbimmer 12-31-2012 09:56 AM

I've got no problem with actors spouting off about pervasive violence.

What bugs me is that they making millions of dollars creating media that glorifies it, and in the same breath make a commercial condemning it.

If Hollywood wants to talk to us about how terrible our culture of violence is, they need to start with the man in the mirror.

Serbonze 12-31-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oie77 (Post 15020227)
Try not to be so literal man.

Do you really think peoples' environment, especially in the early stages of development, has no impact on their behavior? None?

Environment? Yes. Images of violence, no.

Silver_Surfer 12-31-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novabimmer (Post 15020276)
i've got no problem with actors spouting off about pervasive violence.

What bugs me is that they making millions of dollars creating media that glorifies it, and in the same breath make a commercial condemning it.

If hollywood wants to talk to us about how terrible our culture of violence is, they need to start with the man in the mirror.

+1