E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Gun Talk (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   UK Tells US "Don't give up your guns" (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=963276)

NFRs2000nyc 12-31-2012 06:23 PM

UK Tells US "Don't give up your guns"

Just thought this was pretty interesting....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce5cJ...&feature=share

Treburkulosis 12-31-2012 06:46 PM

Tell Obama that. He isn't listening.

Fergo 12-31-2012 07:12 PM

Obama should gargle a set of balls.

dfjaws 12-31-2012 07:54 PM

Interesting video. That could very well be us in 5 years.

Nt_loader 12-31-2012 10:22 PM

Show this to Piers Morgan, that will make him choke on his words.

Nt_loader 12-31-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fergo_the_mule (Post 15021369)
Obama should gargle a set of balls.

+1 and I say this with my flame suite on. We can thank the MORONS that voted him back in.

Thank you, now get ready to receive your hand out in the form of an a@@ pounding. You deserve every inch of it.

Goughie 01-01-2013 02:35 PM

As a Brit that was laughable. I was on that protest march - it was to preserve the right to hunt foxes with dogs - it had nothing to do with gun control. :facepalm:

The difference between the US and the UK is that the vast majority of the UK populace is in favour of gun control. We simply shake our heads and think "there but by the grace of God" whenever a school gets shot up in the US.

I would go as far to say that this report is nothing more than a thinly disguised pro-gun piece for consumption by the US populace.

As for the Tony Martin case - it's problematic for sure from a legal and personal stand point, but just because it is so it doesn't mean that the default position is to arm everyone. As for the "stats" in the papers, one said 61 gun offences a day - that's a total drop in the ocean of overall crime in the UK, and even allowing for population differences between the UK & US isn't on the same planet as the issues the US has with gun crime.

NFRs2000nyc 01-01-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goughie (Post 15022642)
As a Brit that was laughable. I was on that protest march - it was to preserve the right to hunt foxes with dogs - it had nothing to do with gun control. :facepalm:

The difference between the US and the UK is that the vast majority of the UK populace is in favour of gun control. We simply shake our heads and think "there but by the grace of God" whenever a school gets shot up in the US.

I would go as far to say that this report is nothing more than a thinly disguised pro-gun piece for consumption by the US populace.

As for the Tony Martin case - it's problematic for sure from a legal and personal stand point, but just because it is so it doesn't mean that the default position is to arm everyone. As for the "stats" in the papers, one said 61 gun offences a day - that's a total drop in the ocean of overall crime in the UK, and even allowing for population differences between the UK & US isn't on the same planet as the issues the US has with gun crime.

It seems the entire point of the video went right over your head. The point is, innocently stripping liberties a little a time often go unchallenged and by the time the populace realizes what happened, it is too late.

As for your other points, they are ludicrous. You are ignoring the facts to fit your own agenda. Violent crime has skyrocketed in the UK.

Nt_loader 01-01-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goughie (Post 15022642)

I stopped reading after I reached this point "as a Brit"

GlockMan 01-02-2013 08:30 AM

Good video.

Just don't tell the Constantine and the UK guy that I have been arguing with for years on here.

They both know that crime is worst in the US because of guns. :loco: