E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   DIY: Do It Yourself (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Alarm DIY question (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=963411)

denvermgb 01-01-2013 06:36 PM

Alarm DIY question

I have a few questions:

1) Can I use the piezio buzzer instaed of the OEM alarm horn with the other two OEM alarm components?

2) I see some threads alluding to a DIY for the E46 Touring, but I can't actually locate it. Can anyone direct me to this DIY or does it exist? I think the tilt sensor is the only part that is different from the sedan and involves the removal of one of the side panels in the rear area?

Thanks in advance

e46dinan 01-01-2013 06:58 PM

http://e46fanatics.com/faq/alarminstall/index.html

denvermgb 01-01-2013 07:05 PM

This is great! I found it previously, but I am still wondering if there is a different procedure for the tilt sensor on a wagon? This DIY is a sedan.

flashmeow 01-01-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denvermgb (Post 15023091)
I have a few questions:

1) Can I use the piezio buzzer instaed of the OEM alarm horn with the other two OEM alarm components?

2) I see some threads alluding to a DIY for the E46 Touring, but I can't actually locate it. Can anyone direct me to this DIY or does it exist? I think the tilt sensor is the only part that is different from the sedan and involves the removal of one of the side panels in the rear area?

Thanks in advance

I.actually have some experience with this. The oe alarm horn was broken so we played around with it. This is what I found.

1. The BMW alarm siren is not a maintenance item. There are there Philips screws on the back but there is no way u can remove the siren. U have.to.dremel it open. The siren was welded together via ultrasonic

2. The alarm siren has a battery. The siren will still go off if someone.decides to.cut your main battery. The battery is connected to the alarm PCB via a 2pin plug. The battery is.removable.

3. The siren is insolated so there r no magnetism. The siren is.connected.to the PCB via a 2 pin connector. However, the siren is not.removable without some surgery.

4. The alarm has a PCB(printed circuit board) that provides the audio tones to.the.siren among other.things. the audio tones are programable.

As for me, I unplugged the defective siren and mounted an external speaker. I just drilled a hole on the plastic.cover and connected the speaker wires.to the PCB. We then gorilla clue the oe.alarm siren housing together. U can use JB weld too.

I hope this helps. Good.luck

sent from my HTC EVO+ using Bimmer App

CrazyOneToo 01-08-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashmeow (Post 15023189)
I.actually have some experience with this. The oe alarm horn was broken so we played around with it. This is what I found.

1. The BMW alarm siren is not a maintenance item. There are there Philips screws on the back but there is no way u can remove the siren. U have.to.dremel it open. The siren was welded together via ultrasonic

2. The alarm siren has a battery. The siren will still go off if someone.decides to.cut your main battery. The battery is connected to the alarm PCB via a 2pin plug. The battery is.removable.

3. The siren is insolated so there r no magnetism. The siren is.connected.to the PCB via a 2 pin connector. However, the siren is not.removable without some surgery.

4. The alarm has a PCB(printed circuit board) that provides the audio tones to.the.siren among other.things. the audio tones are programable.

As for me, I unplugged the defective siren and mounted an external speaker. I just drilled a hole on the plastic.cover and connected the speaker wires.to the PCB. We then gorilla clue the oe.alarm siren housing together. U can use JB weld too.

I hope this helps. Good.luck

sent from my HTC EVO+ using Bimmer App

How do you get the motion sensor unplugged?
Is there a trick to it? When removing the motion sensor case some of the tabs broke off.
I was gonna unplug the sensor and take the plastic piece out and glue them back on but cant since the wires wont allow it.
Thanks