E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Will BSW Upgraded Speakers Fix My Issue? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=963509)

sdbyrd 01-02-2013 12:27 PM

Will BSW Upgraded Speakers Fix My Issue?

I know I'm not the only one that's experienced this issue, but I'm deciding the lesser of two evils to fix my issue.

I replaced the factory head unit with a Dynavin Clone and now my speakers sound like they are getting way too much power and on the fringe of distortion. It's in my 2001 325i, so they've been played to death I know, but sounded pretty good before the head unit was replaced.

If I replace my factory speakers with the BSW upgraded ones, will that make a huge (positive) difference if the head unit is still going through the factory amp? I think my biggest issue is that the Dynavin clone adds 45w x 4 before it gets to the factory amp. Another option is removing the amp and letting the head unit drive my factory speakers. It sounds like CRAP at the moment, so I've got to make a decision one way or the other. I'd like to get some opinons before I either spend a lot of money on replacement speakers, or spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to bypass the factory amp. Thoughts/suggestions? Thanks!

vilseck21 01-02-2013 07:03 PM

Replacing your head unit does nothing when it comes to wattage being pushed to the speakers. Your BMW head unit feeds a low power signal to it amp in the trunk, and that AMP is what pushes out the power to the speakers. If your head unit is pushing more power than it should to the amp then you will get a bad signal. If you bypass the amp, then your speakers will sound quiet and under powered. If you wanted a drop in model than you should have just waited another month and collected to by a real Dynavin from Jeff. I own the D95 android unit, Dynavin is a good unit, but not with out a few bugs, getting a knock off verison to save $100 is not worth it.

There is very little support for the knockoffs, and you will get very little help, but if you have the Dyanvin than E46 fanatics will be able to help you fix any issue you have

sdbyrd 01-02-2013 07:35 PM

I don't see what type of aftermarket head unit I buy has anything to do with my question. It's a general question about whether or not the upgraded BSW speakers would sound better or not.

asdetail 01-04-2013 06:09 PM

not $700 worth of difference imho,just a thought here as i have a dynavin clone too, these units have low level outputs for an amp,well at least mine does,could you not connect these directly to h/k amp?

vilseck21 01-05-2013 01:32 AM

No, your **** sucks its putting a bad signal, bsw speakers will not make it sound better

markusmarkus 01-05-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdbyrd (Post 15025982)
I don't see what type of aftermarket head unit I buy has anything to do with my question. It's a general question about whether or not the upgraded BSW speakers would sound better or not.

But it does matter what your aftermarket head unit is the reason: the oem head up outputs balanced differential signals. The new head unit puts out regular unbalanced line level signals. These are overpowering the oem amp.

asdetail 01-05-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdbyrd (Post 15024735)
I know I'm not the only one that's experienced this issue, but I'm deciding the lesser of two evils to fix my issue.

I replaced the factory head unit with a Dynavin Clone and now my speakers sound like they are getting way too much power and on the fringe of distortion. It's in my 2001 325i, so they've been played to death I know, but sounded pretty good before the head unit was replaced.

If I replace my factory speakers with the BSW upgraded ones, will that make a huge (positive) difference if the head unit is still going through the factory amp? I think my biggest issue is that the Dynavin clone adds 45w x 4 before it gets to the factory amp. Another option is removing the amp and letting the head unit drive my factory speakers. It sounds like CRAP at the moment, so I've got to make a decision one way or the other. I'd like to get some opinons before I either spend a lot of money on replacement speakers, or spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to bypass the factory amp. Thoughts/suggestions? Thanks!

despite what is being suggested here, these so-called "dynavin clones" are not bad at all, over the last two years i have installed quite a few of these chinese head units into various vehicles and they are all still functioning perfectly.
Anyway,back to your problem, your h/u puts out about 50w per channel,you are overdriving your factory amp,my car does not have an amp in the boot,so my "clone" sounds great,far superior to the old business cd it replaced,maybe you could eliminate your factory amp and just power the speakers directly,or perhaps use a line out converter?