E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   AA stage 2 upgrade questions... (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=963512)

Flaboy239 01-02-2013 01:34 PM

AA stage 2 upgrade questions...

I currently have stage 1 sc kit installed and have had no issues whatsoever with the car. My next move is meth injection and the switch to 100 octane gas. I want the stage 2 upgrade with the smaller pulley and intercooler but I have a couple questions. Will this require a new tune or will meth plus 100 octane keep it running correctly without a tune? Also, with 100 octane and meth installed do I really need the intercooler or could I just get the pulley and belt?

TrippinBimmer 01-03-2013 10:40 PM

Yes you will need new Tune. I will get it Dyno TUNE.

BrianSpilner 01-03-2013 11:46 PM

When you run a smaller pulley the supercharger is producing more heat, which is why they recommend a bigger intercooler. Don't half-arse it or you'll run into problems.

Flaboy239 01-04-2013 07:53 AM

I was hoping to do the install myself but if it needs a tune, never mind I guess.

Viral@ActiveAutowerke 01-04-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flaboy239 (Post 15024750)
I currently have stage 1 sc kit installed and have had no issues whatsoever with the car. My next move is meth injection and the switch to 100 octane gas. I want the stage 2 upgrade with the smaller pulley and intercooler but I have a couple questions. Will this require a new tune or will meth plus 100 octane keep it running correctly without a tune? Also, with 100 octane and meth installed do I really need the intercooler or could I just get the pulley and belt?

I am glad to hear you are currently running our Active Autowerke Stage 1 Supercharger Kit on your vehicle and looking to bump up on some more power. When Upgrading from Stage 1 to Stage 2 a new tune is required. For running high octane and methanol injection colder spark plugs are also required. Please contact me directly by phone or via E-mail at Viral@activeautowerke.com and I will be more than glad to assist you. :woot:

joshzhp 01-30-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flaboy239 (Post 15024750)

What are your current AFR? Running 100 octane as a long term fuel source will become very taxing and the joy of driving the vehicle will be removed.

m3816 02-03-2013 11:55 AM

if you are switching to stage 2 you need to upgrade your fuel system. you may get away with the smaller IC and meth pending where you live. You should definitely dyno tune/remote tune with Karl.

Kriss what makes your kit custom ?(car looks good btw)