E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Vogland vs AP coilovers (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=964532)

zaharias 01-08-2013 11:54 AM

Vogland vs AP coilovers

I think it's time for some coils..
What i want to achieve is eliminate my wheel gap and play with the height.. i don't want to slam it.. (BMW E46 330Ci coupe)
BUT.. my first concern is comfort..
Vogtland and AP (made by KW, cheaper series) coils are in my budget.. (ride height adjustable only)
Do spring rates affect comfort..??
Any tips?
Any reviews between these 2 brands?

zaharias 01-08-2013 02:08 PM

A mod please edit the title.. i missed a "t"-vogtland..
Thanks

zaharias 01-09-2013 01:24 AM

?????????

Kris@TSS 01-10-2013 11:31 AM

I didnt know you could get AP in the US. ST Suspensions is made by KW as well. Let me know if you have any questions or need a price.

zaharias 01-10-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris@TSS (Post 15048295)
I didnt know you could get AP in the US. ST Suspensions is made by KW as well. Let me know if you have any questions or need a price.

Iam from Greece. The AP costs around 500 from the greek dealer or from Germany through ebay.de...
What i want is comfort..
I don't track the car..
APs & Vogtlands are within my budget.. I just want to find out which is softer..

After some googling.. i found that all these (ST, Weitec, AP, Vogtland) are made by KW.. Some even have the same part numbers..
I don't know if there are any differences in springs and/or at valving..

Kris@TSS 01-10-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaharias (Post 15048344)
Iam from Greece. The AP costs around 500 from the greek dealer or from Germany through ebay.de...
What i want is comfort..
I don't track the car..
APs & Vogtlands are within my budget.. I just want to find out which is softer..

After some googling.. i found that all these (ST, Weitec, AP, Vogtland) are made by KW.. Some even have the same part numbers..
I don't know if there are any differences in springs and/or at valving..

Since you are in Greece that changes things :) Weitec is the German ST Suspensions. If I remember correctly ST/Weitec have better valving than AP but I could be wrong.

zaharias 01-10-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris@TSS (Post 15048366)
Since you are in Greece that changes things :) Weitec is the German ST Suspensions. If I remember correctly ST/Weitec have better valving than AP but I could be wrong.

I came across a thread @ UK BMW forum and i read that KW is softer than Weitec.. and Weitec is softer than AP..

In order beginning with the softest.. KW->Weitec->AP.. i don't know if that's true.. bit i also found a post of an owner with a compact E46 complaining that AP's ride was harsh..

It's a bit coplicated.. cause the criteria of every human concerning comfort are different.. Also our roads here in Greece suck..

Kris@TSS 01-10-2013 12:17 PM

The spring rates could be different between all the lines offered by KW. That would make a difference on ride quality as well as the valving.

zaharias 01-10-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris@TSS (Post 15048438)
The spring rates could be different between all the lines offered by KW. That would make a difference on ride quality as well as the valving.

Thanks for the input!! :)

Lets see if someone has any feedback..