E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Getting screwed over by a fanatic!? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=965092)

morningisbad 01-11-2013 02:51 PM

Getting screwed over by a fanatic!?

I got in touch with a fanatic who was looking to trade his resonated super sprint xpipe for a non-resonated version. Everything was going well, we were going to cross ship parts with no cash exchanged (I paid shipping both ways).

Fast forward, my car has been in the shop for two weeks because he has not sent his part back. He told me several times that it should have shipped. Sure enough, he was waiting until my part arrived to ship his to me. He got the part and claimed it was fake. I told him to contact super sprint and verify the serial number. Knowing the part is genuine, I was a little upset that he was being a jerk about the process, but not all too worried. He told me he should be getting conformation back from supersprint on the serial number on wednesday, but I haven't heard from him since (I sent him two texts yesterday and two today with no response).

I have his address, email address, cell phone number and e46fanatics screenname (which I'm not going to release just in case he follows through. If he doesn't, you can be damn sure his sn will be posted). I was able to lookup the address and get a name as well, but I believe the address is his parents as the name I found was the name of a doctor and the person in question clearly stated he worked as a mechanic. I'm guessing he lives at home (maybe Dr. Dad bought him is M ).

My question is: what options do I have. The person in question is from a different state. Can I take him to small claims court? Can criminal charges be filed? At this point I either want the part I was promised, or my old part + the cost of the shipping labels and labor to get the part removed and put back on.

GSherbs 01-11-2013 04:01 PM

Speak with an attorney. Then, hunt him down and beat his ass.

Mango 01-11-2013 04:08 PM

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...689&highlight=

Poster=0 posts? shouldn't be surprised.

VALMONT 01-11-2013 04:12 PM

using the mail for fraud is a federal offense is it not?
report his ass.

morningisbad 01-11-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSherbs (Post 15052469)
Speak with an attorney. Then, hunt him down and beat his ass.

Unfortunately, he's about 1000 miles away :(

ANREC330 01-11-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E46Mango (Post 15052493)
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...689&highlight=

Poster=0 posts? shouldn't be surprised.

Look at his join date also. Op looked past all these signs.

WDE46 01-11-2013 04:49 PM

You should show up at his door. Bring a friend and make a 3 day weekend out of beating this guy's ass, then leave the state. No evidence. Wear gloves to protect your knuckles from his teeth when you smash them.

dreyo27 01-11-2013 05:29 PM

its easy, contact his dad who is a doctor... i am sure you can look up where he practices. call the place and ask to speak to MR. Last name. tell him your situation and tell him that his son is a prick.

morningisbad 01-11-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreyo27 (Post 15052710)
its easy, contact his dad who is a doctor... i am sure you can look up where he practices. call the place and ask to speak to MR. Last name. tell him your situation and tell him that his son is a prick.

This is likely my first move. I got 2nd chances through my dad maybe this kid can be that lucky.

I do know where his dad practices.

E86 FTW 01-11-2013 05:47 PM

Didn't even offer a reacharound? What a douchenozzle.

trj 01-11-2013 05:53 PM

Are you sure the person who resides in the address is his dad?

This might very well be a case of identity theft.
I would inform the person at the given address(said dad) and check. If it is indeed a case of identity theft, report it to the police right away. Him being a doctor is more helpful then.

choxor 01-11-2013 05:54 PM

He lives in ATL. Hmmm.

Contact the authorities for the jurisdiction he lives in. It's fraud.

morningisbad 01-11-2013 07:55 PM

I'm trying to give this guy a chance to respond. But if I don't hear anything through tomorrow, I'm going to contact "said dad" and if he is no help, then the authorities. It just so happens that a new client of mine is a private investigator, I'm sure he will do some quick checking for me into the phone number as well.

Zell 01-11-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WDE46 (Post 15052580)
You should show up at his door. Bring a friend and make a 3 day weekend out of beating this guy's ass, then leave the state. No evidence. Wear gloves to protect your knuckles from his teeth when you smash them.

Note to self:

Never **** with this forum.

morningisbad 01-11-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zell (Post 15053272)
Note to self:

Never **** with this forum.

Legitimately, this guy is lucky he lives 1000 miles away. I've had multiple offers in the past few days.

Zell 01-11-2013 08:07 PM

Well it's good this forum has other peoples' backs :)

peytonracer4 01-11-2013 08:09 PM

He lives in Georgia right? If he lived near me I'd go get him for you

Zell 01-11-2013 08:10 PM

It'd be ~8 hour drive for me to go there. Not bad buuuuut not too interested in that drive ;)

cvx5832 01-11-2013 08:33 PM

Not directed at the OP, but here's something that has stuck with me from the world of watches where an Internet "trade" would be in the neighborhood of $4k : "Buy the seller, not the watch".

As has already been posted, the seller's "credentials" may have been ignored. It takes some time, but due diligence is necessary for anything you consider to have value. Asking around and researching posts is a good start.

To the OP - there is always recourse, but may be not be worth your time and value of the lost item. It sucks being had, but if you learn from it, then it was money well "spent".

2003silver330i 01-11-2013 08:47 PM

There should be some kind of restriction in this forum with either a number of required posts, join date, or credibility rating before you are allowed to sell or trade anything.