E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Lighting Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   P46 headlight Purchase Soon--Unanswred Questions (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=965319)

trentcdrums 01-13-2013 12:32 AM

P46 headlight Purchase Soon--Unanswred Questions

I am interested in the Umnitza P 46 headlights that are running for $250 right now. As I was on the phone with them, the manager basically told me that I had to get the FXR projectors, because they are so amazing. Are they that amazing? Should I be happy without them? Instead of spending the extra $200. And if I do get Then, is the installation going to be difficult? I was going to see what deals I could work. Because I am on a budget. But I need to know altogether, what is worth getting and paying for. I sent them my V2's so they can install them for me and said of me doing it myself. The FXR projector option seems like it would be crazy awesome at night. But I just need to know really if it is that worth it. I have eBay projectors Enon headlights that project amazing for what I think is amazing at least.

Thanks fanatics!

serdar255 01-13-2013 12:35 AM

They are awful as standard, just do the morimoto retrofit and new lenses much better and cheaper than the fxr

trentcdrums 01-13-2013 12:36 AM

My headlights are to be to even do the retrofit, that is why I am just so tired of making decisions. A retrofit is out of the auction lasts it seems like.

trentcdrums 01-13-2013 12:36 AM

Out of the option list *

soneracar 01-13-2013 01:16 AM

I would not recommend the retrofit if you are not wanting to take your headlights apart and install projectors only to have them bounce when you go over a bump. I ended up going with the p46 and am fairly happy with them. I have a great cutoff and was able to install some angel eyes to make them look fantastic. I will post some pictures tomorrow.

adaseb 01-13-2013 04:40 AM

You should just get OEM xenon from a crashed E46.

Avoid any of these Chinese aftermarket electrical parts, there is a chance a fire can start and insurance won't cover it.

Search the forum many fanatics lost their beloved E46 due to angel eyes or aftermarket projectors like those.

trentcdrums 01-13-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soneracar (Post 15056197)
I would not recommend the retrofit if you are not wanting to take your headlights apart and install projectors only to have them bounce when you go over a bump. I ended up going with the p46 and am fairly happy with them. I have a great cutoff and was able to install some angel eyes to make them look fantastic. I will post some pictures tomorrow.

But which projectors do you have? Fxr? Or just the standard?

trentcdrums 01-13-2013 09:52 AM

Overall questions is are the FXR's worth it? They made the standard projector sound reallllllly.badd

dmax 01-13-2013 10:43 AM

Get whatever SolidJake tells you to get. Not that I don't trust the advice you've gotten, but I don't understand the language of lights...so I just trust Jake.

He told me what to do in a thread I might have started...I don't recall. Search him and 'retrofit' or 'morimoto' (I think).

HTH

I need to do this myself pretty soon...my eyes are getting worse at night.

trentcdrums 01-13-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmax (Post 15056765)
Get whatever SolidJake tells you to get. Not that I don't trust the advice you've gotten, but I don't understand the language of lights...so I just trust Jake.

He told me what to do in a thread I might have started...I don't recall. Search him and 'retrofit' or 'morimoto' (I think).

HTH

I need to do this myself pretty soon...my eyes are getting worse at night.

i spoke with him a few times to figure out what I really should do since my OEM lights are just straight crap. I think I will ask him on the P 46 question as well. thank you very much!