E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Health & Fitness (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Sex does make you weaker on lifting days (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=965472)

z00 01-13-2013 10:12 PM

Sex does make you weaker on lifting days
 
Had sex twice (morning and afternoon). Went to the gym late afternoon. I felt so weak, took me 90 minutes instead of 60 to finish my workout and had to drop 5lbs off weights for all workouts. I had plenty of food and sleep.

Why so weak after sex? I don't want the stupid mental emotional response some studies/people answer this question with. Keep it scientific.

DILLA 01-13-2013 10:20 PM

The things I could think of are you aren't eating or hydrating as much because you are busy having sex, you're immune system is fighting off any new things it came in contact with, or the fact that you nutted twice can lower libido. I like powerfvcking after working out.. especially an awesome leg workout.

mkodama 01-13-2013 10:21 PM

You exercised before your workout, and wondered why the workout was harder?

rcsummers 01-13-2013 10:22 PM

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4997268224/hD7684574/

Eurobahn Motorsports 01-13-2013 10:29 PM

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4997268224/hD7684574/

JJR4884 01-13-2013 10:30 PM

You know you take lifting too serious when you have to question if sex is getting in the way of your routine


z00 01-13-2013 11:08 PM

What's powerfvcking? All by fvckings are powerful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DILLA (Post 15058143)
The things I could think of are you aren't eating or hydrating as much because you are busy having sex, you're immune system is fighting off any new things it came in contact with, or the fact that you nutted twice can lower libido. I like powerfvcking after working out.. especially an awesome leg workout.


z00 01-13-2013 11:10 PM

Never thought of sex as a workout, more like a warmup. Don't know about you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkodama (Post 15058151)
You exercised before your workout, and wondered why the workout was harder?

But sex is always there, having a good lifting day is not. Well maybe other guys are not as awesome as me and sex is hard for them to have. Then your point makes sense.
Quote:

Originally Posted by SurreyF1 (Post 15058189)
You know you take lifting too serious when you have to question if sex is getting in the way of your routine



Bimmer4Lyfe 01-13-2013 11:12 PM

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o7f3Myw8a_0

Trashcan 01-13-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z00 (Post 15058309)
Never thought of sex as a workout, more like a warmup. Don't know about you.

Says the two pump chump...


Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

rcsummers 01-13-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trashcan (Post 15058325)
Says the two pump chump



https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4997268224/hD7684574/

dwass325 01-13-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z00 (Post 15058309)
Never thought of sex as a workout, more like a warmup. Don't know about you.

But sex is always there, having a good lifting day is not. Well maybe other guys are not as awesome as me and sex is hard for them to have. Then your point makes sense.

I won't address the part where you imply that you're some sexual hero :rolleyes:

A lot of people attribute bad workouts after sex to hormonal issues. A few studies have suggested that's not the issue.

I'd think, especially after having sex twice, the issue is that you had what equates to going jogging twice. Even with your sexual hero status, this will take a fair amount of your glycogen stores, leaving you with less energy to lift weights.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycogen

E92M 01-14-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwass325 (Post 15058412)
I won't address the part where you imply that you're some sexual hero :rolleyes:

A lot of people attribute bad workouts after sex to hormonal issues. A few studies have suggested that's not the issue.

I'd think, especially after having sex twice, the issue is that you had what equates to going jogging twice. Even with your sexual hero status, this will take a fair amount of your glycogen stores, leaving you with less energy to lift weights.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycogen

Quote:

Thread title:
Hay guys, I'm great. Right?

Content:
Why is it that after I finish running a supermodel 6 way do like all my lifts go from 495 bench, 1035 DL and 450 OHP down to 490, 1030, and 445, respectively, of course?

Oh yeah, because I'm fvcking incredible and have sex more often than most men can blink in their lives.

Think about me.
-OP
Dwass, after his post you just quoted, I'd save the good helpful information for deserving members. :rofl:,
-Chris

kushy 01-14-2013 12:30 AM

Good Workout > Good Sex




:eeps:

mkodama 01-14-2013 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kushy (Post 15058533)
Good Workout > Good Sex




:eeps:

http://youtu.be/pN253RLDdM8

wasp9166 01-14-2013 06:40 AM

anyone that knows how to lift, knows that cardio before weights is a no no

do you even lift?

dwass325 01-14-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2K5 325i (Post 15058479)
Dwass, after his post you just quoted, I'd save the good helpful information for deserving members. :rofl:,
-Chris

Haha you make a good point.

dabears 01-14-2013 09:30 AM

:facepalm:

BMW_Matt 01-14-2013 11:21 AM

Studies show it can actually increase performance.

You should stop posting false information. That's 2 in the past day.

DylloS 01-14-2013 11:36 AM

Just banged and I'm about to go indoor rock climbing. It will not affect me because I am not the one with the vagina.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use