E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Gun Talk (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   My bad experiance with Eastex Shooting Supply.... (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=965837)

tailo 01-15-2013 06:19 PM

My bad experiance with Eastex Shooting Supply....

So I bought 5 CMMG .22 mags right around the time of sandy hook when they were $15 each.. I bought them on the 18th (friday) and had the MO in the mail on the 21st, the following monday. I still have the stub to prove it...

Never recieved any emails in that time peroid and they I recieved my MO back with out any notice.... WEEKS later I recieved my MO back in a badly hand written envelope with no return address and no note inside saying why they did not fill my order! Now there running $60 each!!!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=322731801

Wish some companies would stand behind what they sell instead of "refunding" money with out notice and relisting the auction with 400+ mags still in stock.

Eastex Shooting
Box 421976
Houston, TX 77242-1976
United States

Daytime Phone:
281-393-8276

Today they FINALLY get back to me..
Quote:

Hi,

Did you mail payment or pay via credit card - I do not show payment was received.

Thanks

W.
I replied and explained that they mailed back the payment... so I get this!

Quote:

Hi Ronnie, yes the payment is from an auction won on 12-18-12. Unfortunately we cannot hold items/auctions for that long and items are no longer available

Have a nice day W. I'm pissed, I have nothing better to do, and I'm on alot of forums!

JonJon 01-15-2013 07:18 PM

Azzholes

I'll never use them and be sure to spread the word

david05111 01-15-2013 07:19 PM

Gunbroker auction? Its a binding contract I thought...and you certainly gave consideration within the time required. I'd email them back and then email gunbroker.

budman 01-15-2013 07:36 PM

Why a money order?

tailo 01-15-2013 09:53 PM

Because its the safest way to do any online dealings.

If somebody screws you and you pay with a USPS money order its considered mail fraud.

tailo 01-15-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Hi Ronnie, Your frustration is understood and justified and we are sorry how the sale worked out. We are a small business that does the best we can to treat all of our customers as well as we can - and 99% of the time we do a great job of that. With recent events we have had a few sales, such as yours, fall through the cracks and it is regrettable. We are not here to try screw people out of money or price gouge, so please separate us in your mind from a business who's actions are in fact malicious. As I said it is regrettable how the sale worked out, as was your decision to slander us all over the internet, which was malicious and disappointing. I believe your actions have done more to expose your own sensibilities rather than ours. W.
Not even worth a reply to...

In the meantime I ordered 8 from black dog... Hopefully they will get here in time.

king kong 01-15-2013 10:18 PM

Similiar thing happened to me with aim surplus, but they made it right, found more of the product I ordered and sold it to me at the agreed price.

tailo 01-15-2013 10:58 PM

I've had some good luck with aim surplus.

david05111 01-16-2013 02:02 AM

That reply is laughable...absolutely laughable. "your frustration is justified" and then later he says that you slandering them on the Internet is regrettable? A) it's not slander, because it's true. And b) they're hipocrites. You want to know how they should have handled it? Asked for the money back and delivered your item.

If the business can read this, you should be ashamed of yourselves and rest assured, if you would have pulled this on me, I'd be bringing legal action for breach of contract and misrepresentation. One of the advantages of being able to prepare your own legal work is that filing these actions is cheap. The customer and business entered into a binding legal contract, with terms clearly understood by both parties acting in good faith and consideration was given. The business failed to perform. Cut and dry.