E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Gun Talk (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Will High Capacity Mags & Assault Rifles Be Banned? What Do You Think? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=965940)

2000_328CI 01-16-2013 01:09 PM

Will High Capacity Mags & Assault Rifles Be Banned? What Do You Think?
 
So lots of talk on an AR ban and high capacity magazine bans. I think, if anything, the latter has a far higher probability of going through...

But if you had to bet, where you would land?

http://cdn.theatlanticwire.com/img/u...AOTR/large.jpg

GlockMan 01-16-2013 01:11 PM

Everyone in the gun forum is not buying everything they can get their hands on because they believe no laws are going to get passed.

History repeats itself.

Yes, there will be some laws passed to tighten up on guns.

Serbonze 01-16-2013 01:13 PM

I voted that nothing will be banned.

ryanwhite74115 01-16-2013 01:13 PM

I wanna scream out loud in a rage every time someone or some news station or radio station (even NPR) repeatedly state that an Assault rifle was used in the Sandy shooting. Last I checked he was only carrying pistols and the rifle was in the fACKING TRUNK!!!!

/rage from non-gun nut

SLVR JDM 01-16-2013 01:14 PM

It will be a strengthened version of the 94 AWB, without a doubt. Mags and any tactical type features will be included. I'm surprised they aren't just banning based on the color of the rifle based on the asinine thought process by our elected officials.

peytonracer4 01-16-2013 01:30 PM

there is no option to ban assault rocks :hmm:

what exactly happens when they ban attachments? can you not buy a completed rifle with them on there? can you not be caught with them on there? how can the verify you building a rifle with attachments?

budman 01-16-2013 01:33 PM

All black and brown guns will be banned.

2000_328CI 01-16-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peytonracer4 (Post 15066700)
there is no option to ban assault rocks :hmm:

what exactly happens when they ban attachments? can you not buy a completed rifle with them on there? can you not be caught with them on there? how can the verify you building a rifle with attachments?

The ban in 94 said "you can't buy a rifle with these types of attachments". I don't know about transfers (me selling to you) but it said stores can't sell rifles with certain features (pistol grip, fore grip, etc). As far as building them goes, I'm not sure how you would "modify" a compliant rifle to fit the parameters of the bill but I don't exactly think you could take a hunting rifle and mod it to function like an AR... perhaps

peytonracer4 01-16-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000_328CI (Post 15066726)
The ban in 94 said "you can't buy a rifle with these types of attachments". I don't know about transfers (me selling to you) but it said stores can't sell rifles with certain features (pistol grip, fore grip, etc). As far as building them goes, I'm not sure how you would "modify" a compliant rifle to fit the parameters of the bill but I don't exactly think you could take a hunting rifle and mod it to function like an AR... perhaps

can you not just build an ar15 from the ground up to include a suppressor, attachment rail, grip, laser, flash light, collapsable stock, etc...?

2000_328CI 01-16-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peytonracer4 (Post 15066743)
can you not just build an ar15 from the ground up to include a suppressor, attachment rail, grip, laser, flash light, collapsable stock, etc...?

If you have a pre=ban lower receiver, I would assume you could... is this correct?

peytonracer4 01-16-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000_328CI (Post 15066754)
If you have a pre=ban lower receiver, I would assume you could... is this correct?

i don't understand the difference between a "preban" lower and a post 2004 lower

2000_328CI 01-16-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peytonracer4 (Post 15066757)
i don't understand the difference between a "preban" lower and a post 2004 lower

Well say there is a ban tomorrow.. you won't be able to buy any more lowers.

But, if you have 10 lowers lying around, that is technically "the gun" and I suppose, even if a ban is placed, you could still build it to spec as you'd please.

Serbonze 01-16-2013 01:49 PM

I think this is actually kind of silly, since legislation has not yet been introduced, debated, torn apart, put back together, and then voted on, passed, then introduced to the house to debate, tear apart again, put back together again, voted on, and passed.

TSR6 01-16-2013 01:53 PM

It used to be pre-1994 was called "pre-ban" -- ban expired in 2004.

IdahoToyo 01-16-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000_328CI (Post 15066754)
If you have a pre=ban lower receiver, I would assume you could... is this correct?

I hope this is the case...put my second Noveske lower to some use with SBR build if that'll still be allowed :4ngie:

PS Chase if you have some extra 30rd PMAGs you are willing to sell at a somewhat decent price, see 100 on GB :rofl:, let me know. I'm waiting on my Brownelles order confirmation but would like to have at least two just in case.

2000_328CI 01-16-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klubeck (Post 15066783)
I hope this is the case...put my second Noveske lower to some use with SBR build if that'll still be allowed :4ngie:

PS Chase if you have some extra 30rd PMAGs you are willing to sell at a somewhat decent price, see 100 on GB :rofl:, let me know. I'm waiting on my Brownelles order confirmation but would like to have at least two just in case.

Sounds good I'll PM you.. I have a bunch of mags that I've ordered for the impending zombie apocalypse but I don't think I need THIS many :lmao:

peytonracer4 01-16-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000_328CI (Post 15066826)
Sounds good I'll PM you.. I have a bunch of mags that I've ordered for the impending zombie apocalypse but I don't think I need THIS many :lmao:

If you have too many let me know cause I would like some as well. I ordered a few lowers (that may never arrive) so I'd like to actually have some mags to go with.
Shoot me a text cause my message box is full

choxor 01-16-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanwhite74115 (Post 15066656)
I wanna scream out loud in a rage every time someone or some news station or radio station (even NPR) repeatedly state that an Assault rifle was used in the Sandy shooting. Last I checked he was only carrying pistols and the rifle was in the fACKING TRUNK!!!!

/rage from non-gun nut

That's one of the things that's confused me. I thought it was originally reported he had a glock and a sig and there was a rifle in the trunk, type unspecified.

daedalus34r 01-16-2013 02:42 PM

if i was a betting man, i would some kind of magazine restriction. Im doubtful of a full on AWB.

But then there's case of individual states, fricken IL might try to pull more fast ones. Time to make more pmag backorders? lol

evolved 01-16-2013 02:42 PM

Those that think the ban will happen, do you think the Republicans in congress will allow it to happen (aka, will they vote for it)?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use