E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Hey sub guys! What LOC did you use (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=966378)

turbokid 01-18-2013 05:49 PM

Hey sub guys! What LOC did you use

Hey, I need to get a LOC for my setup but I want to make sure I get the right one. Some say adjustable, high to low converter ect...

What do I need, and what have you guys used that gives good sound.

Also if I do need an adjustable one, what do I "adjust" the settings to for optimal bass?

Appreciate the help.

albarran9 01-18-2013 11:21 PM

I'm currently using an LOC from Pac. It's been working great for getting RCA's for my amp form the rear speaker wires. I'm considering switching to an AudioControl LOC because they have models with built in line drivers that boost your RCA's output. I'd stick with a full frequency LOC and skip the adjustable ones, but that's just me. I let my crossovers do the work of splitting the low's for my subs and high's for my font components. For optimal bass it just depends on the sub/box combo you choose and how you set your amp settings. If you want good bass in your component speakers, clean power is key. With a good LOC form Pac or AudioControl paired with a nice amp should do.

Derek325 01-19-2013 12:36 AM

If you are just adding a sub to your factory system then the Audio Control LC2 would work well for you, and it has an optional sub level control.

turbokid 01-19-2013 07:14 AM

Yes this will be simply for a amp and single sub. A JL 700/1 v2 amp and JL 10w6 sub. Just want to make sure all of the sound is going to the sub, I had a different one that came with the car and the sub just sounds too quiet, so this time I want to make sure I get whats right.

ultimatemj 01-19-2013 05:41 PM

I don't see a 700/1v2 listed, but if this is slash v2 series amp (and you stil lhave the factory HU) you don't need to use a LOC...as they accept balanced differential inputs, which is what the BMW factory deck uses.

I disconnected my rear speakers and used the signal from the HU to feed my sub amp, to allow the fader to work as kind of a bass volume knob~

turbokid 01-19-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimatemj (Post 15076977)
I don't see a 700/1v2 listed, but if this is slash v2 series amp (and you stil lhave the factory HU) you don't need to use a LOC...as they accept balanced differential inputs, which is what the BMW factory deck uses.

I disconnected my rear speakers and used the signal from the HU to feed my sub amp, to allow the fader to work as kind of a bass volume knob~

Ah damn, well I went ahead and got the LC2i. (maybe I'll return it?)

But now you have no rear speakers lol? Why not just T into them haha?

Thanks for the help guys!

ultimatemj 01-20-2013 09:16 PM

No need for rear speakers in a coupe :)

The way the "bass fade" works is because you are fading between vocals and sub to fine tune how much you thump.

That said, I find I rarely use it, so if you want to keep your rear speakers T'ing may be fine. I see the JL slash amps also sell a bass knob, so I'd T into the fronts and fade the rears to just lightly fill.

2cents~

Show us your results!

turbokid 01-21-2013 10:46 AM

Will do, though I just decided to start looking for a M3 so I won't be installing all the gear I just bought into this car. Thanks for the input.

[w.b] 05-29-2013 07:37 PM

would you disconnect the rear tweeters too?