E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   The Tire Rack's Tire & Wheel Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Help on Rim decisions -- Opinions! (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=966430)

trentcdrums 01-18-2013 11:35 PM

Help on Rim decisions -- Opinions!
 
I have a few in mind, if the sale on these does not follow through, I was gonna purchase these 16's. http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1943210

However, if not, I had these in mind. I'm young, not crazy on price. But I always think I could just switch the rims over on my newer BMW in the later years, I just do not want my speedometer all over the place with incorrect speeds.

Keep in mind, I was gonna try for 17's. MY stock rims are 16's but I can get tires to keep the speedometer the same.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Price

http://eliteswheels.com/main/product_detail/13039

I really like these, are they worth the $$?? http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand

thanks all!

ryannel2003 01-18-2013 11:47 PM

I think the pre-facelift E46's look best with Style 44's:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/534/012fy.jpg/sr=1

HacksawMark 01-18-2013 11:51 PM

I like the Bremmer Kraft BR09s

trentcdrums 01-19-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryannel2003 (Post 15075568)
I think the pre-facelift E46's look best with Style 44's:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/534/012fy.jpg/sr=1

Looks too standard. I have those.

trentcdrums 01-19-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hacksawmark (Post 15075578)
I like the Bremmer Kraft BR09s

I really do too. Are they worth the cash. Because I have tires to buy then too. Being 17 and spending that much is just a lot of thought. But I'm sure it's the same way with being an adult spending the same.

esberelias 01-19-2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hacksawmark (Post 15075578)
i like the bremmer kraft br09s

+1

trentcdrums 01-19-2013 01:11 AM

While the thread is started, what are good budget tires?

MercForHire 01-19-2013 01:57 AM

Get 15s.
Cheap and faster acceleration .

BBBoy323i 01-19-2013 02:11 AM

Good budget tires are federal ss595. I run them with my vmrs on my sedan. Only issue I have is that it's not too great in the rain haha. Anyways my 225/40/18 tires were around $100 each brand new.

MJLavelle 01-19-2013 02:38 AM

I will admit that I was surprised when this was not someone looking for opinions about shoving some huge 19's on a 323. Imagine my surprise when you are actually looking for reasonable sizes! :)
Since you are looking for something suited to your car, have you looked at what Tire Rack offers in very light or lightweight wheels? You can sort their search by wheel weight. There are some decent looking and fairly well made wheels available at less than 18lbs. It would definitely help your car to reduce the weight of the wheels as much as possible.
I bought a set of 17" wheels from Tire Rack for my 330ci, and they weigh 15.4lbs each, which was a big drop from the 25+lbs that my factory wheels were. Unfortunately, they don't seem to offer those particular wheels any more. But there wheels available that are less than 18lbs. Reducing the weight of your wheels is one of the best way to improve the acceleration and feel of a car, especially a 323. Any increase in weight would definitely slow your car down. So, maybe try searching some of the really lightweight wheels, and see if there is something you may like!

GLOK1132 01-19-2013 02:50 AM

I have elbrus I08's and I love em. They look remarkably like E46 M3 wheels.

MJLavelle 01-19-2013 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trentcdrums (Post 15075655)
While the thread is started, what are good budget tires?

Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110's are a pretty well rated tire for the price. They can make a decent showing with some of the most expensive tires available, according to the Car and Driver tests I have seen over the past few years. In fact, they outperform some of the big brands that cost 2 or 3 times as much. I just bought a set for my 2001 Eclipse GT, which is very sensitive to cheap tires. It is particularly sensitive to sidewall strength, since it is a heavy car, with a fairly stiff suspension. I tried a set of Sumitomo's HTRZ III, and it felt like crap. It was constantly rolling over onto the sidewall. So, I went back to the Goodyear Eagle GT's it came with. But, I have to say, the new Hankooks feel just as good as the Eagle GT's, actually, they feel better. I am quite happy with them on this car.
But, I have not used them on my e46, since I have a taste for Michelin PS II's, and have stuck with them. There are others on here who do love the Hankooks on their e46's. I may even be tempted to try them, since the Michelins have moved up to the PS III or the Super Sports, which are a big step up in price too.

trentcdrums 01-19-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJLavelle (Post 15075739)
I will admit that I was surprised when this was not someone looking for opinions about shoving some huge 19's on a 323. Imagine my surprise when you are actually looking for reasonable sizes! :)
Since you are looking for something suited to your car, have you looked at what Tire Rack offers in very light or lightweight wheels? You can sort their search by wheel weight. There are some decent looking and fairly well made wheels available at less than 18lbs. It would definitely help your car to reduce the weight of the wheels as much as possible.
I bought a set of 17" wheels from Tire Rack for my 330ci, and they weigh 15.4lbs each, which was a big drop from the 25+lbs that my factory wheels were. Unfortunately, they don't seem to offer those particular wheels any more. But there wheels available that are less than 18lbs. Reducing the weight of your wheels is one of the best way to improve the acceleration and feel of a car, especially a 323. Any increase in weight would definitely slow your car down. So, maybe try searching some of the really lightweight wheels, and see if there is something you may like!

I have looked all over tire rack, but not really weight, thanks!

thecarguy 01-19-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trentcdrums (Post 15075545)
I have a few in mind, if the sale on these does not follow through, I was gonna purchase these 16's. http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1943210

However, if not, I had these in mind. I'm young, not crazy on price. But I always think I could just switch the rims over on my newer BMW in the later years, I just do not want my speedometer all over the place with incorrect speeds.

Keep in mind, I was gonna try for 17's. MY stock rims are 16's but I can get tires to keep the speedometer the same.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Price

http://eliteswheels.com/main/product_detail/13039

I really like these, are they worth the $$?? http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand

thanks all!

Join the 17" APEX ARC8 group buy! Can't get much better than that.

trentcdrums 01-19-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecarguy (Post 15076295)
Join the 17" APEX ARC8 group buy! Can't get much better than that.

You mean jo$$n the 17$$$ ap$$x? Lol that's expensive!

trentcdrums 01-19-2013 01:42 PM

The guy with the used 16's said that I will be able to get them since the other buyer dropped. Should I get them?.. They're off an e36 and I found my car exact with the rims on them on google. Attachment 486742
Attachment 486743
Attachment 486744

Quick opinions please? :)

THECLEANERBEAMER 01-19-2013 02:12 PM

Just my opinion but I don't like those unless you polish the lip and color the inside gunmetal

trentcdrums 01-19-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THECLEANERBEAMER (Post 15076616)
Just my opinion but I don't like those unless you polish the lip and color the inside gunmetal

He's selling all 4 for $230 shipped

trentcdrums 01-21-2013 06:05 PM

Anyone? That picture i posted with the rims on the car is the same car i have, but not mine. Do you think it's worth the buy?!

trentcdrums 01-21-2013 10:13 PM

Bump? :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use