E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Saad Racing Intake manifold with Carbon Fiber Option (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=966562)

James @ Saad Racing 01-19-2013 06:59 PM

Saad Racing Intake manifold with Carbon Fiber Option

5 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone. I am the general manager at Saad Racing. We are very excited to be apart of this community. I will be happy to answer any questions you may have on any of the systems that we manufacture for the E46. I will be posting some more pictures of the complete system soon, but to start, here are some pictures of the intake plenum. We use billet 6061 CNC machined intake runners to port match the throttle body's exactly. The inlet is also CNC machine with a constant radius to port mach the inlet tubing to the inside diameter of the intake. They come polished as standard, but can be powder coated to suit your liking. We also have the carbon fiber wrap option. This looks phenomenal! Our logo is in between the fiber and clear coat, best looking intake manifold on any M3 in the world! Here are some pics.

Commanderwiggin 01-19-2013 07:02 PM

Hey Jim we met at Mfest, are these available without the logo?

I was the drunk canadian across from you at dinner:evil:

Saad @ Saad Racing 01-19-2013 07:12 PM

When BMW makes a car without their logo on it I'll offer this manifold without mine. If you want to own the best the world will know where you got it from:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin (Post 15077271)
Hey Jim we met at Mfest, are these available without the logo?

I was the drunk canadian across from you at dinner:evil:

dallasberry 01-19-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saad @ Saad Racing (Post 15077292)
When BMW makes a car without their logo on it I'll offer this manifold without mine. If you want to own the best the world will know where you got it from:)

That Intake would look better with no logo. At the very least you should make the Saad logo smaller and take the "M3 turbo" off. It looks extremely tacky. The intake itself looks fantastic.

MotivatedPY 01-19-2013 07:37 PM

I agree, I think u could rearrange the logo a little to make it more balanced but wow what a beautiful intake manifold!! This might be the year I finally boost my M! Excited to see more of your kit!

MarcusLSB 01-19-2013 07:37 PM

BMW owners have this weird thing with removing/shaving logos/badges/etc.. I can't think of any other brands where people take the logo's off. I passed an new M5 today with the emblems removed. I've considered pulling the emblems off my X5, and most HPF owners have removed or never opted to have the HPF Emblems either.

Both Kenton and I have shaved intake manifolds.

http://revvolution.com/www/assets/fi...0/_T4A0849.jpg

http://revvolution.com/www/assets/fi...0/_T4A0839.jpg

I don't mind logo's.. but they need to be small/tasteful.. trust me.. people would ask where that intake manifold came from even without a logo. Very well done piece guys!

zurus 01-19-2013 09:33 PM

I honestly think all of saad's pieces are beautiful but those logos are horrible, you could put some simple initials like SR but stylized in some sort of logo.

:)

djtrini 01-19-2013 09:44 PM

+1 manifold would look awsome without the logo's!

Commanderwiggin 01-19-2013 11:36 PM

I hate logos...next year I dare someone to find a non-oem logo on my car ;) ...actually for that matter there really is only one left that I can see and that's on my EMS...

And if I want to own the best...I'll make sure it doesn't have a logo on it :D

02black330ci 01-19-2013 11:47 PM

Good looking manifold, but DAMN that logo needs some work!!!

6spd_legend 01-20-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

BMW emblems and badges are easily removable. No offense but those logos look terrible- doubt many people will purchase that beautiful carbon fiber intake manifold if they don't have an option to remove the branding.

basar13 01-20-2013 04:24 AM

HPF intake manifold looks alot better IMO. (Not talking about visual but still visually also better)

I would love to see a dyno comparison.

What design difference from HPF manifold makes this better? I might be interested in future if this is a better manifold.

lrinco01 01-20-2013 04:59 AM

wOw,

James The Carbon Fiber Intake mani is wicked!

Guys, chillax. the CF one has stickers on it so that one is easy enough to de-badge. the chrome Mani looks laser inscribed or etched which is not removable.

The chrome or metal one is ok but Not better "Looking" than the HPF mani but that CARBON FIBER Wrapped mani is sex!

how much will these sell for?

PEI330Ci 01-20-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcusLSB (Post 15077351)
I don't mind logo's.. but they need to be small/tasteful.. trust me.. people would ask where that intake manifold came from even without a logo. Very well done piece guys!

Agreed.

Beautiful piece, and it would be nice to have a no-logo option.

This "no logo" thing is global....I'm finding de-badged cars of all makes in many countries that I travel to.

triks 01-20-2013 07:16 AM

You guys need to hire a graphic designer. Three different style fonts on one intake manifold is a no no.

JohnBlaze 01-20-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triks (Post 15078074)
You guys need to hire a graphic designer. Three different style fonts on one intake manifold is a no no.

exactly,
or put up a design contest and see what ideas the fanatics can show you :str8pimpi

basar13 01-20-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lrinco01 (Post 15078015)
wOw,

James The Carbon Fiber Intake mani is wicked!

Guys, chillax. the CF one has stickers on it so that one is easy enough to de-badge. the chrome Mani looks laser inscribed or etched which is not removable.

The chrome or metal one is ok but Not better "Looking" than the HPF mani but that CARBON FIBER Wrapped mani is sex!

how much will these sell for?

I doubt that, %99 of the time stickers are put just before the final shining layer of carbonfiber. This way the stickers also shine and they are protected from damage.

Irishace 01-20-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

All due respect, as others have pointed out the logo looks like it came from a 6 year old. You might also want to be a little more humble when potential customers offer very valid suggestions.

It is a gorgeous piece, and would be 100x better without the logo. You should consider offering a no logo option as it is pretty evident that your sales will be affected by it.

basar13 01-20-2013 08:27 AM

Yeah its written in the first post.

"Our logo is in between the fiber and clear coat, best looking intake manifold"

So it cannot be removed easily.

Beedub 01-20-2013 08:30 AM

Lovely.... i like it in the raw finish with the etched logo....