E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General Off-Topic (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Have you become more of a pvssy now that you are older? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=967448)

GRIFFIN 01-24-2013 02:37 PM

Have you become more of a pvssy now that you are older?
 
I was thinking about the fact I am not as rebelous andwild as I was when I was younger. Is it the fact I am a pvssy or the fact I have more to live for, or ?
I had an inccident with a guy lastn ihgt where you was tryign to merge infront of me with no room to get in fromt of me. He forced me into the center of the road. I sped up and got in fromt of him and he felt the need to swerve all around me trying to show off. when there is a merge than the people merging are supposed to yield and merge when safe, not the other way around. Normally I would of been more confortational, flipped him off, followed him home, waived my gun at him, but I just minded my business and drove home.

Thoughts? Not a cool story. just something that happened.

joeski3d 01-24-2013 02:39 PM

Perhaps you're just smarter about your rebellious ways? :dunno:

mcr_driver 01-24-2013 02:41 PM

As we get older we learn to pick and choose our battles. I blame women for this...

v8 5 01-24-2013 02:42 PM

hashtag yolo

cowmoo32 01-24-2013 02:42 PM

Testosterone drops as you age. You might as well be a woman.





But you also have a family and life experience, both of which should help you let the small stuff slide.

wild willy 01-24-2013 02:43 PM

Absolutely....so much so some times I'd like to slap myself. I let things go now that I would have never in the past.

Not really in a position to get into a fight while I am still on the road to recovering from a broken neck...Might have something to do with it.....But all in all, I think it is just a part of getting older and wiser.

GRIFFIN 01-24-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowmoo32 (Post 15092209)
Testosterone drops as you age. You might as well be a woman.





But you also have a family and life experience, both of which should help you let the small stuff slide.

I must suffer from low "T"

Tom5933 01-24-2013 02:45 PM

I think it's more the realization of possible consequences for your actions that really make us mature/grow up. Everyone feels untouchable when you are young and haven't seen things go really wrong yet. The older I get, the more i've seen that bad things do happen and you've got to think twice before doing something and to pick and choose your battles. In my first few years of college I would never be the one to back down from a fight but i've learned now that most drunk assholes aren't even worth going to jail over and that it's smarter to laugh at them and be the bigger man and walk away (unless it's truly justifiable that they are in need for an asskicking)

cowmoo32 01-24-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild willy (Post 15092215)
Absolutely....so much so some times I'd like to slap myself. I let things go now that I would have never in the past.

Not really in a position to get into a fight while I am still on the road to recovering from a broken neck...Might have something to do with it.....But all in all, I think it is just a part of getting older and wiser.

:idea: Grown men who are idiots will still fight over something trivial.
Quote:

Originally Posted by GRIFFIN (Post 15092216)
I must suffer from low "T"

:rofl: Those commercials are retarded. Do you not have the drive you used to? Are you getting weaker? Losing interest in the bedroom? Yeah, it's called getting old, it isn't a disease.

Gheybe 01-24-2013 02:53 PM

Granted I'm super young, however, I had a bad temper when I was young. Years of jiu-jitsu/calming habits have brought me to a place where I am now in control of my anger.

Growing wiser has nothing to do with age, but mostly your experiences.

Nothing like seeing someone's tooth implanted in your fist to let you know you've gone too far.

Treburkulosis 01-24-2013 02:53 PM

Roid rage bro. Lift ****.

wild willy 01-24-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gheybe (Post 15092248)
Nothing like seeing someone's tooth implanted in your fist to let you know you've gone too far.



No...at that point.....they went too far.

GRIFFIN 01-24-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gheybe (Post 15092248)
Granted I'm super young, however, I had a bad temper when I was young. Years of jiu-jitsu/calming habits have brought me to a place where I am now in control of my anger.

Growing wiser has nothing to do with age, but mostly your experiences.

Nothing like seeing someone's tooth implanted in your fist to let you know you've gone too far.

i have that scar.

wild willy 01-24-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRIFFIN (Post 15092266)
i have that scar.



I have 3 of them:)

Mr. 330 01-24-2013 03:09 PM

As you get older, you just think further ahead and dont sweat the smaller things

Rudy540 01-24-2013 03:16 PM

Actually when other merge in, especially the freeway, they have the right to merge and it is the law we let them merge in a proper manner, I got taught that in driving school a while back unless rules change which I doubt

GRIFFIN 01-24-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy540 (Post 15092336)
Actually when other merge in, especially the freeway, they have the right to merge and it is the law we let them merge in a proper manner, I got taught that in driving school a while back unless rules change which I doubt

handbook tells drivers that traffic already on the freeway has the right-of-way over vehicles entering from the onramp (it's on page 53 of the 2010 handbook).

simsima325 01-24-2013 03:23 PM

yea, i am a bit more of a pussy now when it comes to confrontations on the road. never know when the other guy will send a round through your window at the next stop light.

but part of that is probably that i drive a 140hp honda civic now, and moved to a colorful part of town.

Rudy540 01-24-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRIFFIN (Post 15092356)
handbook tells drivers that traffic already on the freeway has the right-of-way over vehicles entering from the onramp (it's on page 53 of the 2010 handbook).

If there already on the freeway they have the right away to what? Stay on the freeway? If we don't give merging drivers space to merge in what are they sopose to do, freeze there. I haven't gone through tha hand book cuz I haven't had too but I do remember the instructor specifically saying that merging drivers have the right away, maybe that's why that dude must of gotten pissed off

casino is no lie 01-24-2013 03:29 PM

I've always been a pussy. So the answer is no.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use