E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Gun Talk (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Biden gets confuesed by a YouTube "star" & facts. (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=967536)

TSR6 01-24-2013 10:04 PM

Biden gets confuesed by a YouTube "star" & facts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i05pvOE5ZNM

2000_328CI 01-24-2013 10:12 PM

I don't really see how Biden messed up.. Sure he fumbled words but his point was made. I don't really agree with it but that's a whole different story.

For what it's worth, the gunman in Newtown took his own life... He didn't "run out of time" so that whole notion that kids would have been saved had he had smaller clips is garbage.

Nt_loader 01-24-2013 10:13 PM

This is our America!

kaput 01-24-2013 10:14 PM

He's a heartbeat away from being president...

Scary.

kaput 01-24-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000_328CI (Post 15094007)
I don't really see how Biden messed up.. Sure he fumbled words but his point was made. I don't really agree with it but that's a whole different story.

For what it's worth, the gunman in Newtown took his own life... He didn't "run out of time" so that whole notion that kids would have been saved had he had smaller clips is garbage.

He admitted that "assault rifles" account for a small percentage of crimes, and that more murders are committed with "glocks" than assault rifles.

And yet, he is looking to support the ban of assault rifles... Sounds like he messed up to me.

TSR6 01-24-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

So his point that folks would be better off protecting their home with a double barrel shotgun is valid? You agree that 2,6,8,12,30,40 round clips (his words) are the root of the problem? You agree it takes 2 minutes to swap out a magazine?

He also never addressed the original point in gun violence actually going down - just spewed all the same crap they're all stuck on...

2000_328CI 01-24-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaput (Post 15094016)
He admitted that "assault rifles" account for a small percentage of crimes, and that more murders are committed with "glocks" than assault rifles.

And yet, he is looking to support the ban of assault rifles... Sounds like he messed up to me.

Hang on there a second.. I just picked up an AR and have been pro-gun on this from the get go.

What I heard Biden say though was that he's more concerned with magazine size than he is so called assault rifles... And while I think banning them won't solve a damn thing, I at least think that position has merit.. The anti AR position is the one that is nuts

SLVR JDM 01-24-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaput (Post 15094012)
He's a heartbeat away from being president...

Scary.

He is the president's best life insurance policy.

kaput 01-24-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000_328CI (Post 15094035)
Hang on there a second.. I just picked up an AR and have been pro-gun on this from the get go.

What I heard Biden say though was that he's more concerned with magazine size than he is so called assault rifles... And while I think banning them won't solve a damn thing, I at least think that position has merit.. The anti AR position is the one that is nuts

You misunderstood me. I said Biden supports the ban. He was head of the study to find a solution. He had all the power in the world to tell Feinstein that Assault weapons are not the problem, and go for a magazine ban, but instead he didn't.

Fast forward to the video, where he states that Assault rifles are not a big part of crime, and that banning them will do nothing... It is the magazines he is worried about.

So, why go after something that is not the problem? He messed up, stating they were not the problem, and we have him on record saying as such. I can understand trying to limit mag size as an end to justify the means, but I don't agree with it.

badfast 01-24-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000_328CI (Post 15094035)

Date: January 25, 2013
Event: I actually agree with Chase.

learthworml 01-25-2013 10:41 AM

Someone that doesn't know the difference between SHELLS and ROUNDS or MAGAZINES and CLIPS should not be talking about gun laws.

TSR6 01-25-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by learthworml (Post 15095025)
Someone that doesn't know the difference between SHELLS and ROUNDS or MAGAZINES and CLIPS should not be talking about gun laws.

This ^^^^ :thumbup:

:banghead:

learthworml 01-25-2013 11:04 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rGpykAX1fo

Aren't you guys glad we have people like this making our laws...

wex 01-25-2013 07:36 PM

Scary..not to mention a shotgun and pistol will both be alot more dangerous than an "assault rifle." Ballistics, he has no idea.

badfast 01-25-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wex (Post 15096897)
Scary..not to mention a shotgun and pistol will both be alot more dangerous than an "assault rifle." Ballistics, he has no idea.

:rofl:

yes a 9mm is certainly more dangerous than a 5.56. Maybe even a 7.62.

Thankfully I have my shotty shells. Not sure what to do with all my 7.62 though.

kaput 01-26-2013 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badfast (Post 15097323)
:rofl:

yes a 9mm is certainly more dangerous than a 5.56. Maybe even a 7.62.

Thankfully I have my shotty shells. Not sure what to do with all my 7.62 though.

With 40 clips in the mag, it is always the best answer.

And a double barrel shotty will protect you better than an AR-15...

NOVAbimmer 01-26-2013 07:16 AM

If VP Biden is right, we need to be banning shotguns and Glocks, not these weaksauce assault weapons.

That or we need to change the definition of assault weapon to mean "Glocks and shotguns", not features that have zero impact on the lethality of a gun, like pistol grips and flash suppressors.

Sentaruu 01-26-2013 07:34 AM

on the topic of mag capacity, they should just make it illegal to use more than 10 rounds per mag during a criminal act. this way law abiding citizens can still reasonably defend themselves against 1 or more people wishing to do them harm with 30 rounds per mag, while the criminal is limited to 10.

see? i fixed it. now lets move onto abortion.

NOVAbimmer 01-26-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentaruu (Post 15097920)
on the topic of mag capacity, they should just make it illegal to use more than 10 rounds per mag during a criminal act. this way law abiding citizens can still reasonably defend themselves against 1 or more people wishing to do them harm with 30 rounds per mag, while the criminal is limited to 10.

see? i fixed it. now lets move onto abortion.

I'd like to propose the "Novabimmer amendment", which will make it a further crime to use more than one magazine in the commission of a crime, and also give $10 million in colorless federal funding to a certain neighborhood in Fredericksburg, VA for unspecified community improvements.

Think of all the children we can save by not letting people commit crimes with more than one magazine!