E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   New England (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   I Love Salt (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=967585)

trizzuth 01-25-2013 08:46 AM

I Love Salt

See Sig.

CJW2OO4 01-25-2013 09:09 AM

all i see is rust spots

trizzuth 01-25-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJW2OO4 (Post 15094755)
all i see is rust spots

HAHA! He's ALIIIIIIVE!

I went to Turner's website yesterday and thought of you. I put in your stupid womanly BMW and there's just no worthwhile exhausts for it. Why did you get the only BMW that cannot have a glorious exhaust?????

Jesse M 01-25-2013 09:18 AM

Looks about right for time time of year in new england.

cak323i 01-25-2013 10:01 AM

eapecially after putting on my UUC Corsa exhaust! Salt all over!!!

CJW2OO4 01-25-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cak323i (Post 15094914)
eapecially after putting on my UUC Corsa exhaust! Salt all over!!!

let me know when you get bored of it. :eeps:

cak323i 01-25-2013 01:31 PM

hehe! I will never get bored of my UUC Corsa exhaust...:)

trizzuth 01-25-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cak323i (Post 15095630)
hehe! I will never get bored of my UUC Corsa exhaust...:)

No worries Chuck. Those tips take salt, carbon exhaust deposits, road debris, whatever you can toss at em and to this day (mine is about 6 years old now) a simple spray with some wheel cleaner and a light scrub with your washing mitt and it just falls off like melted butter.

Your tips will always look like that!

have you had a chance to take that ZHP beast into a covered garage yet with the windows down a bit? Oh the glorious heaven that is in that gurgle!

cak323i 01-25-2013 02:26 PM

I had my driver's door opened when I put my ZHP against the garage door had the car cold started.....I agree that gurgle....sounds so good :drool: :drool: Now this is how all 330's should have come from BMW! :thumbsup:

trizzuth 01-25-2013 02:29 PM

AGREED!!!!

sounds better than an M3 exhaust if you ask me, unless you have a nice aftermarket setup to eliminate that rasp and make it more throaty..

cak323i 01-25-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trizzuth (Post 15095908)
AGREED!!!!

sounds better than an M3 exhaust if you ask me, unless you have a nice aftermarket setup to eliminate that rasp and make it more throaty..

Problem is that I happen to like the rasp on my ///M, although I have been thinking of getting the UUC exhaust for my ///M but I have lot's of other things I want to do instead...when we meet up this summer you will see all that I have done to either my ///M or ZHP :thumbsup:

Speaking of which....we all need to get a group together sometime just to meet up have some drinks and food.....what do you say? :) I can show you my Sprint Booster/Sport Button mod I have installed into my ZHP this winter :thumbsup:

CarterRuss 01-26-2013 09:40 AM

feel the same way, need the weather to get a little nicer out to take to the car wash, dire need

trizzuth 01-28-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cak323i (Post 15095934)
Problem is that I happen to like the rasp on my ///M, although I have been thinking of getting the UUC exhaust for my ///M but I have lot's of other things I want to do instead...when we meet up this summer you will see all that I have done to either my ///M or ZHP :thumbsup:

Speaking of which....we all need to get a group together sometime just to meet up have some drinks and food.....what do you say? :) I can show you my Sprint Booster/Sport Button mod I have installed into my ZHP this winter :thumbsup:

Yeah as soon as it gets a little nicer outside.. now, i've been dying to know this.. did that sprint booster really make any difference on your 330?

E46Enthusiast20 01-28-2013 10:29 PM

I want to wash the salt off mine so badly. Can't because its fricken -10 every damn day. :argue:

cak323i 01-30-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trizzuth (Post 15103806)
Yeah as soon as it gets a little nicer outside.. now, i've been dying to know this.. did that sprint booster really make any difference on your 330?

With Sprint Booster, I have more confidence that I can merge into the traffic scheme with the same precision and "get up and go" that I have when driving my ///M. The "old" ZHP felt good but when compared to my "Sprint Boosted" ZHP, the old one feels so much slower off the line. My "new" ZHP now feels awesome!

I know that Sprint Booster does not increase the horsepower of the car... tune programming such as Shark Injector, changing out your exhaust, headers, and adding a CAI will add some horsepower to your car. The Sprint Booster improves the throttle response of the car so that there is less delay when you press on the throttle. What I like is that with Sprint Booster, there are three settings to choose from stock / Sport Program (my preference) / Race Program.

Until I purchased my Sprint Booster, I really had no idea as to how much it would change the way I now look at driving my ZHP... all I can say is that with Sprint Booster, my ZHP is so much more fun to drive! Right now, I'm seriously considering getting Sprint Booster for my ///M! That's how much I love this little device!!!

oh....something to think about....
For those who are not inclined to do the Sport Button mod as my friend John and I did, I still recommend getting Sprint Booster for your car...you will notice the difference! I got my Sprint Booster from eBay, but you can also find links in the classified section. Instead of paying $299 + shipping I got mine for $153 with shipping included. You can find them at a more reasonable price....just keep an eye out in the classified section

Doing the sport button mod does require some soldering skills and for some, nerves of steel. The surface mount LEDs can easily be burned if you're not careful and not work as a result...I found this out with one of mine since it does not work (Sport mode LED)... William's guide was instrumental when I did mine and I now know how to do this mod....one thing I will do different is get brand new LEDs so that I won't have to "reuse" any when I go back and redo my sport button.

Hope this answers all of your question, including those you haven't thought of yet...;)

Solidjake 01-30-2013 03:52 PM

Did someone say salt? :eeps:

trizzuth 01-30-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E46Enthusiast20 (Post 15105919)
I want to wash the salt off mine so badly. Can't because its fricken -10 every damn day. :argue:

HATE those reindeer things on all cars, but i LOVE it on yours, so funny dude! I wonder if they'd stay put if you went 100.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cak323i (Post 15112489)
With Sprint Booster, I have more confidence that I can merge into the traffic scheme with the same precision and "get up and go" that I have when driving my ///M. The "old" ZHP felt good but when compared to my "Sprint Boosted" ZHP, the old one feels so much slower off the line. My "new" ZHP now feels awesome!

I know that Sprint Booster does not increase the horsepower of the car... tune programming such as Shark Injector, changing out your exhaust, headers, and adding a CAI will add some horsepower to your car. The Sprint Booster improves the throttle response of the car so that there is less delay when you press on the throttle. What I like is that with Sprint Booster, there are three settings to choose from stock / Sport Program (my preference) / Race Program.

Until I purchased my Sprint Booster, I really had no idea as to how much it would change the way I now look at driving my ZHP... all I can say is that with Sprint Booster, my ZHP is so much more fun to drive! Right now, I'm seriously considering getting Sprint Booster for my ///M! That's how much I love this little device!!!

oh....something to think about....
For those who are not inclined to do the Sport Button mod as my friend John and I did, I still recommend getting Sprint Booster for your car...you will notice the difference! I got my Sprint Booster from eBay, but you can also find links in the classified section. Instead of paying $299 + shipping I got mine for $153 with shipping included. You can find them at a more reasonable price....just keep an eye out in the classified section

Doing the sport button mod does require some soldering skills and for some, nerves of steel. The surface mount LEDs can easily be burned if you're not careful and not work as a result...I found this out with one of mine since it does not work (Sport mode LED)... William's guide was instrumental when I did mine and I now know how to do this mod....one thing I will do different is get brand new LEDs so that I won't have to "reuse" any when I go back and redo my sport button.

Hope this answers all of your question, including those you haven't thought of yet...;)

Interesting feedback here Charlie. I've never really felt that my 330 was "slow" merging into traffic, but then again I have a pretty heavy foot, I might be concerned that it would get too touchy with this mod. But nonetheless your review here is the most positive thing I've read so far, and other than your ZHP parts in the engine and rack, we basically have a very similar 330i now.

trizzuth 01-30-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solidjake (Post 15112525)
Did someone say salt? :eeps:

clearly, you were not as lazy as me and took the time to clean off your headlights so light output was not affected. My projector beam pattern must have been sweet when I drove home that night!

cak323i 01-30-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trizzuth (Post 15112531)
... Interesting feedback here Charlie. I've never really felt that my 330 was "slow" merging into traffic, but then again I have a pretty heavy foot, I might be concerned that it would get too touchy with this mod. But nonetheless your review here is the most positive thing I've read so far, and other than your ZHP parts in the engine and rack, we basically have a very similar 330i now.

Thanks Mike :thumbsup: Regarding your comment in blue, I said this because I have an ///M to compare my ZHP to...:) So with that said, the ZHP is much faster coming out the line with Sprint Booster. The best part is that you can keep your original setting (stock) by staying in mode 1 (led off), and then then if you want more you can push the button to mode 2 (sport mode) and see if you like the setting and go from there.

For daily driving, I like keeping mine in mode 2 (Sport mode). It works good enough for me but occasionally the aggressive mode makes for a fun time :)

E46Enthusiast20 01-31-2013 10:29 AM

The salt is gone!!!!!:beer: