E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Australia (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   unpractical?? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=967733)

Jimmy_46 01-26-2013 12:24 AM

unpractical??

hi guys so for the spam post.

im looking at these wheels
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=961870

and i just want to be sure before i buy them im obviously going to have to roll guards and that sorta thing am i also going to have to run alot of camber to the point where ill be chewing through tyres? any advice would be greatly app

Tiag46 01-26-2013 12:33 AM

unpractical? No way. Do it!
I would kill for those rims.

Jimmy_46 01-26-2013 12:41 AM

there sex rims but if i have to have alot of camber i cant be ****ed going through tyres every 2months lol

ating 01-26-2013 12:45 AM

Depends how low you are. I can tell you though, with my setup...running through the hills I often scrape my front tyres on the metal fender lip. Usually over small dips and bumps. The setup is a bit impractical for spirited hill driving. I don't have any issues daily driving, except over some of the bigger speed humps which I've learnt to avoid. Having said that, I've just bought a more daily car as a second car - Honda EK civic, haha! The wheels you linked are awesome though and FLOSS makes very nice wheels.

Also, you won't go through tyres every 2 months. I've done 7,000kms on my tyres and they still look new. Pretty sure they'll last at least 20,000kms.

Jimmy_46 01-26-2013 12:49 AM

hmmmm i love the wheels not sure what to do

BMW E465 01-26-2013 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy_46 (Post 15097609)
hmmmm i love the wheels not sure what to do

Do it man! A white e46 m3 really needs crazy wheels to look its best :D

gueste46 01-26-2013 03:20 AM

I mean no offense here, just my opinion. Why would you take a fantastic drivers car like an M3 put wheels on it that a pimp would love, lower it till it scrapes the dirt and tyres that will wear badly and all of that making the car almost undrivable in normal conditions, handle badly and lower resale value? It is sort of like cutting off your right hand because you think a shiny hook would look cool there.

I just think if a thing is perfect don't mess with it.

Jall 01-26-2013 03:31 AM

Toe is the big killer of tyres, not camber. When my toe was all messed up I got 10k out of a pair of rears.

The wheels are beyond sexy, do it.

Tiag46 01-26-2013 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Constantine (Post 15097778)
I mean no offense here, just my opinion. Why would you take a fantastic drivers car like an M3 put wheels on it that a pimp would love, lower it till it scrapes the dirt and tyres that will wear badly and all of that making the car almost undrivable in normal conditions, handle badly and lower resale value? It is sort of like cutting off your right hand because you think a shiny hook would look cool there.

because everyone has a different definition of 'perfect'

Goondaddy 01-26-2013 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Constantine (Post 15097778)

Depends what you want in a car. You'll find that demographic usually dictates how the car looks. Old cankerous farts prefer the reduced road noise, fuel economy, safety. Young 'uns prefer street cred that makes them look 'well hard', 'gangsta' and impractical street sweepers where you creep over everyspeed bump. Everyone else falls somewhere in between.

BTW OP: It's not unpossible to fit this set up. Worst comes to worst, flog it off to a braver soul.

infini 01-26-2013 09:15 AM

Agree with jall. Most of the time, its toe that will wear your thyres out fast, not camber unless you over do it, like 3-5 degrees.

Jimmy you have my dream right there. A white manual facelifted e46 m3 yummy!

Jimmy_46 01-26-2013 06:13 PM

yea sorry im not to familiar with all this toe and camber stuff i love the wheels they look insane but i think ill rather find a set that doesnt take so much effort atm while im still on my P's :)

ating 01-26-2013 06:26 PM

If that's the case, go for a 8.5" and 10" width set...that's standard M3 fitment. Plenty of styles to choose in that size.

Jimmy_46 01-26-2013 06:44 PM

yea ating think i might cheers guys for the help :)