E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Polls & Surveys - Please Participate! (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   New design (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=968085)

awesomechinz 01-28-2013 10:43 AM

New design

1 Attachment(s)
So I was bored over the weekend and I started sketching randomly and came up with this.

It is a random bumper design but I thought it looked pretty cool
What do you think?
The shaded regions on the bumper would be painted to color of car

EDIT: This is version 2 the original looked like it has chubby cheeks so I edited the bumper. I can post that after I get home... It is a bad sketch though

dmax 01-28-2013 10:47 AM

You can't do that to the kidney grills!

Also, turn sideways.

Finally, I think you have talent and very neat penmanship! But, I think you've made the car look oriental...not that there's anything wrong with that...on a Mazda! LOL

awesomechinz 01-28-2013 10:49 AM

Haha sorry wanted to try something new with the kidneys but I guess not sorry

What do you think about the headlights? It's a different shape than what BMW normally uses and it takes away the Angel eyes...(gonna be hated upon for that)

awesomechinz 01-28-2013 10:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Orientation changed

diM3tri 01-28-2013 11:44 AM

Keep bmws original kidney shape.. It's been here since well.. forever. Can't get rid of that. Also the headlights look too JDM. Clean it up a bit with more angles instead of curves and it will look much more euro!

HBizzo88 01-28-2013 11:57 AM

what you've just done is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever seen. At no point in your mis-shaped, incoherent drawing were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational idea. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having looked at it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Jesse M 01-28-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HBizzo88 (Post 15103247)
what you've just done is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever seen. At no point in your mis-shaped, incoherent drawing were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational idea. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having looked at it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

:eeps::lmao:

evilstar 01-28-2013 12:46 PM

What car is this supposed to be for?

awesomechinz 01-28-2013 01:42 PM

A very random sketch of what could be a bmw

awesomechinz 01-28-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DimitriGregorio (Post 15103216)
Keep bmws original kidney shape.. It's been here since well.. forever. Can't get rid of that. Also the headlights look too JDM. Clean it up a bit with more angles instead of curves and it will look much more euro!

So should I add more of a crisp angular look to the headlights?

HBizzo88 01-28-2013 02:21 PM

Is this for an e46 or just an idea for a new BMW?

awesomechinz 01-28-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HBizzo88 (Post 15103753)
Is this for an e46 or just an idea for a new BMW?

Just BMW not e46 in particular

emgee 01-28-2013 03:50 PM

http://m5.paperblog.com/i/1/17130/fa...-L-3P9ME7.jpeg

dmax 01-28-2013 03:59 PM

You need the bumper all the way across...not just grill...there's a wide hunk of aluminum back there...lose the outward flairs, standard kidney grills, no squiggley leds in lights for me please (though that could be cool...but it's too audi for me...did you know bmw has laser headlights in the works?).

All that said, I think if this was a LeMans racer, I could see it better. I think you have talent...don't let the crew of the Starship Enterprise dissuade you!

Could you draw me Marisa Tomei on a green e46 bumper...just kind of laying back...taking me in? That sort of thing? Fern green metallic if you can manage.

Also I'd like her in the lycra body suit from My Cousin Vinny.

awesomechinz 01-28-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmax (Post 15104151)
You need the bumper all the way across...not just grill...there's a wide hunk of aluminum back there...lose the outward flairs, standard kidney grills, no squiggley leds in lights for me please (though that could be cool...but it's too audi for me...did you know bmw has laser headlights in the works?).

All that said, I think if this was a LeMans racer, I could see it better. I think you have talent...don't let the crew of the Starship Enterprise dissuade you!

Could you draw me Marisa Tomei on a green e46 bumper...just kind of laying back...taking me in? That sort of thing? Fern green metallic if you can manage.

Also I'd like her in the lycra body suit from My Cousin Vinny.

Yeah I was gonna run the bumper straight under the mesh grille and then make the headlights more pointy (possibly bring back the A.E.'s :eeps: )

I could try with the drawings but I would not put any money on it being very good. It may also take a while between doing homework and school work. People tend not to be my strong point when drawing but I'll can see what I can do.

I don't care about the Star Trek characters I just wanted to put something I absent mindlessly drew out so you could check it out

awesomechinz 01-28-2013 07:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
As promised, this is the original. Chubby cheeks galore ;)Attachment 488293

evilstar 01-28-2013 08:28 PM

What is your plan for the fogs? And whats with the mesh? It reminds me a little of the lexus front.

awesomechinz 01-28-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilstar (Post 15105337)
What is your plan for the fogs? And whats with the mesh? It reminds me a little of the lexus front.

The fogs would be projectors like F30's.
I personally find the mesh to be appealing. I did see the LS front after I did that initial drawing but I changed it afterwards.

Expect an update tomorrow of a revised version with better headlights(maybe i8 style???), no front splitters, restored kidney grilles, and a more angular appearance. Maybe we could send this to BMW to see what they say when all is said and done ;).

Oh yeah and if you have any idea on how to change the DRL's it would be nice. I currently have them more audi style DRL's but we should distinguish the car

evilstar 01-28-2013 10:23 PM

It looks more Lexus in the 2nd version to me. What about the fog surrounds? They are very ambiguous.

awesomechinz 01-28-2013 10:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilstar (Post 15105714)
It looks more Lexus in the 2nd version to me. What about the fog surrounds? They are very ambiguous.

This was my first attempt at drawing it
Quote:

Originally Posted by awesomechinz (Post 15105130)
As promised, this is the original. Chubby cheeks galore ;)Attachment 488293

The very first photo is the latest drawing of it.

The fogs would be surrounded by probably a dark plastic type material kind of like this: Attachment 488311

After the initial designs I made use of the S shapes in the headlights and added DRL's under the headlight. I also took away from the "chubbyness" and made a larger front mesh grille. My next update will consist of what I have mentioned in my earlier post

Edit: I noticed that the bumper is a tad unsymmetrical. Fix will be applied tomorrow :)