E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   General Off-Topic (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Website Developers/Builders, Graphic Designers: Does this pricing sound right? (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=968315)

HellRaiser1 01-29-2013 12:50 PM

Website Developers/Builders, Graphic Designers: Does this pricing sound right?

1 Attachment(s)
I hired an acquaintance of mine and her company to work on building my website, designing graphic/logo, implementing a blog, and all related social media outlets.

Does this pricing sound fair to you? A little more than I was looking to spend, just confirming with sources in-the-know, that the pricing is accurate and fair.

Thanks!!
Geo

ROOFLESS 01-29-2013 01:07 PM

You get what you pay for in this business. At that price you shouldnt accept anything less than perfect.

veeco 01-29-2013 01:09 PM

Seems about right assuming it's quality work. The third item I would think would be part of the design but that depends on what it entails. The last $500 item seems a bit high, depending on the how complicated the hosting environment is, but based on the price of the site I would assume a basic setup on a managed server. That last item has 'web hosting' thrown in there. Is that hosting for a year, what type of hosting, etc?

dualbob103 01-29-2013 01:13 PM

Gtfo..... 4k?!

I can just out source it to my guys in india, pay them 85 bucks, and 100% be better than whatever you would of gotten.

Theres no way in hell you should be paying 4k, I would understand 800, but not anything more than that at all man

veeco 01-29-2013 01:17 PM

LOL India... Can't tell you how many POS projects I've had to fix from incompetent Indian programmers. Yeah you can outsource, pull your hair out trying to explain things to them, end up with a site written in spaghetti code, ripe with security holes. You get what you pay for.

MachRc 01-29-2013 01:27 PM

you should take that quote to 2 other places to see if they can beat it in half.

dualbob103 01-29-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veeco (Post 15107580)
LOL India... Can't tell you how many POS projects I've had to fix from incompetent Indian programmers. Yeah you can outsource, pull your hair out trying to explain things to them, end up with a site written in spaghetti code, ripe with security holes. You get what you pay for.

Sorry man but you found the wrong ones.

Top companies outsource there work to india everyday, find the right ones and it's like a gold.

And you said "you get what you pay for"...hahaaahaaa, what world are you living in

Back on topic, go searh around for a better quote, I'm sure you'll find someone willing to do a quarter or Atleast half.

Wraisil 01-29-2013 01:34 PM

$4k... not a bad payout for that company for what's probably a weeks worth of work (unless there were a ton of brand new graphic designs needed or they were exceptionally complex)...

rohde88 01-29-2013 02:11 PM

$400 for business card design????

m1r 01-29-2013 02:18 PM

Arent there 1,000s of free wordpress themes out there?

morningisbad 01-29-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veeco (Post 15107580)

A good portion of my business comes from fixing India's shoddy work. I'm sure there are good options there...but they are few and far between.