E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Health & Fitness (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Supplement supplier question (whey protein and creatine) (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=968638)

Trashcan 01-30-2013 11:40 PM

Supplement supplier question (whey protein and creatine)
 
My last batch of supplements i liked. They were from complete nutrition. They worked great, and even though i get 33% off from a buddy there, 50 for a month of protein (v core)and 70 for a month and a half of creatine (cx-5) is just a bit much. I got some cheap protein from another store, and on paper it's as good as the v core from complete nutrition, but it mixes thin and I'm just not feeling as nourished from it. The creatine lasts me so long because i take under the recommended dosage and am still getting great results.

I'm looking for a good quality protein that the body absorbs well and tastes good. With bcaa's and all that good stuff.

The creatine I will only take kre-alkaline (not mono hydrate) so it doesn't dehydrate and strain my body. I prefer Capsules for the creatine, but that's not a make or break point if it's not.

I want good quality products that won't break the bank.

P.s. I'm not looking for any creatine lectures or to hear your bad view of creatine, or what your dad or magazines told you about it. I've made the decision to use it knowing the bad reputation and possible side effects already. I'm just looking for quality products for reasonable prices.

Thanks,
James

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

gqkris 01-31-2013 12:27 AM

so u want supplements at rock bottom prices? lol. buy ones that exp in a month

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Bimmer App

dabears 01-31-2013 09:11 AM

I know GNC here in Canada often has Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein (hands down best in my opinion) at buy one get second half price... for us its $70 for a large tub, so you can get two large tubs (about 140 scoops) for $100. I'm sure its even less in the states.

Nothing wrong with creatine.

I wouldn't buy cheaper supplements, I would just look for deals and savings on the quality stuff. Look for savings in the other food you buy imo... but I use whey protein PWO only so mine lasts.

2000_328CI 01-31-2013 09:17 AM

I buy optimum nutrition in 5 lb tubs off amazon.com for 50 shipped (I'm an amazon prime guy).

z00 01-31-2013 10:34 AM

I google for free shipping coupons and buy on bodybuilding.com, it ends up being the cheapest. There are some wholesale places where you can get 10lbs bags and that would save you a little more.

BMW_Matt 01-31-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trashcan (Post 15114126)
My last batch of supplements i liked. They were from complete nutrition. They worked great, and even though i get 33% off from a buddy there, 50 for a month of protein (v core)and 70 for a month and a half of creatine (cx-5) is just a bit much. I got some cheap protein from another store, and on paper it's as good as the v core from complete nutrition, but it mixes thin and I'm just not feeling as nourished from it. The creatine lasts me so long because i take under the recommended dosage and am still getting great results.

I'm looking for a good quality protein that the body absorbs well and tastes good. With bcaa's and all that good stuff.

The creatine I will only take kre-alkaline (not mono hydrate) so it doesn't dehydrate and strain my body. I prefer Capsules for the creatine, but that's not a make or break point if it's not.

I want good quality products that won't break the bank.

P.s. I'm not looking for any creatine lectures or to hear your bad view of creatine, or what your dad or magazines told you about it. I've made the decision to use it knowing the bad reputation and possible side effects already. I'm just looking for quality products for reasonable prices.


Thanks,
James

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

Creatine Monohydrate is by far the best, cheapest creatine out there. It is $35 for 6 months at 5g/day. It doesn't dehydrate your body, nor 'strain'? it...

Trashcan 01-31-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMW_Matt (Post 15115416)
Creatine Monohydrate is by far the best, cheapest creatine out there. It is $35 for 6 months at 5g/day. It doesn't dehydrate your body, nor 'strain'? it...

Some bodies don't absorb mono hydrate well and I've read a fair share of information that it is known to make the kidney work a bit harder. Personally the kre-alkalyn blends work better for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

DylloS 01-31-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trashcan (Post 15115472)
Some bodies don't absorb mono hydrate well and I've read a fair share of information that it is known to make the kidney work a bit harder. Personally the kre-alkalyn blends work better for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

I've never heard that

Trashcan 01-31-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DylloS (Post 15115490)
I've never heard that

Just looked more into it to find creatine monohydrate can cause test results to show false signs of kidney strain.

Either way I've gotten better results from the other kind, so that it's my preference.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

Trashcan 01-31-2013 12:54 PM

After finding some professional, unbiased reviews, i ordered a few month supply (should last me 3-5 months) of myoswell creatine, and they threw in 2-3 months supply of recovery drink mix for free!

Now pick my protein!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

DylloS 01-31-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trashcan (Post 15115577)
After finding some professional, unbiased reviews, i ordered a few month supply (should last me 3-5 months) of myoswell creatine, and they threw in 2-3 months supply of recovery drink mix for free!

Now pick my protein!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

Optimum nutrition

M3Inline6 01-31-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DylloS (Post 15115490)
I've never heard that

I've tried Kre-Alkalyn in the past (..sourced it from the Expo in Vegas). I didn't notice much of a difference, but I also didn't cycle creatine regularly. I still have 2 bottles of monohydrate that I'm not even using.

DylloS 01-31-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M3Inline6 (Post 15115625)
I've tried Kre-Alkalyn in the past (..sourced it from the Expo in Vegas). I didn't notice much of a difference, but I also didn't cycle creatine regularly. I still have 2 bottles of monohydrate that I'm not even using.

I have some ON that I never take. I should give it a try. I just have to be consistent.

BMW_Matt 01-31-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trashcan (Post 15115472)
Some bodies don't absorb mono hydrate well and I've read a fair share of information that it is known to make the kidney work a bit harder. Personally the kre-alkalyn blends work better for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

That is completely incorrect. The ONLY reason that MIGHT happen is if you are lacking in water intake in the first place.

sadpanda03 01-31-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMW_Matt (Post 15115796)
That is completely incorrect. The ONLY reason that MIGHT happen is if you are lacking in water intake in the first place.

+1

I bought a kreakaline supplement once and they sent me 2 bottles of caps on accident. Even After going through both of them I saw no difference to my Muscle mass, but our bodies respond to different supps in different ways.

I recommend amazon or bodybuilding.com /w the coupon search. I've found this to be cheapest. Optimum nutrition tastes good and has an 'optimum' blend of nutrition.

Also, at gnc they have carnivore 100% beef protein. It mixes sort of thin and doesn't taste all that great but I noticed increases in my strength and mass with it.

Also...just because it tastes good, doesn't mean it will work...
Sent from my HTC One X+ using Bimmer App

dabears 01-31-2013 02:16 PM

Just remember, for pretty much every supplement there is a much better whole food alternative. 15% or less of your diet should come from supplements!

bimmerchop 01-31-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trashcan (Post 15115472)
Some bodies don't absorb mono hydrate well and I've read a fair share of information that it is known to make the kidney work a bit harder. Personally the kre-alkalyn blends work better for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

lol

wasp9166 01-31-2013 03:09 PM

http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i60/5/7/3/...one-7c97cd.jpg

Trashcan 01-31-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasp9166 (Post 15116228)







Quote:

Originally Posted by bimmerchop (Post 15116001)
lol

http://supplementreviews.com/categor...ne/kre-alkalyn

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

sadpanda03 01-31-2013 04:31 PM

Why yes! You can try all of our blends! Hopefully you find the one that's just for you!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Bimmer App


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use