E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   ///M3 Forum (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   dinan+ ar20 (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=968691)

Ntrb8s4 01-31-2013 12:37 PM

dinan+ ar20
 
It's pretty damn quiet but has a nice tone at WOT There's no rasp and doesn't drone at all. That's all :excited:

After this ar20 gets some miles on it will it get any louder?

Chea 01-31-2013 12:54 PM

Did you get 2 ar20 on your section 1? I am about to do the same thing with my car.

Ntrb8s4 01-31-2013 12:56 PM

No just the one. It doesn't sound bad, I was just thinking it was going to be louder.

Chea 01-31-2013 12:59 PM

No just take away the rasp get headers and or a x pipe and it will be louder. Got any vids?

Ntrb8s4 01-31-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chea (Post 15115369)
No just take away the rasp get headers and or a x pipe and it will be louder. Got any vids?

No videos yet. I'm gonna drive it around and see how it is. I'm old (33) don't want it too loud. :thumbup:

Chea 01-31-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ntrb8s4 (Post 15115383)
No videos yet. I'm gonna drive it around and see how it is. I'm old (33) don't want it too loud. :thumbup:

Lmao same here 31 that is why I love my dinan exhaust

Ntrb8s4 01-31-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chea (Post 15115397)
Lmao same here 31 that is why I love my dinan exhaust

Them do the single ar20. It pretty much kills the rasp. Only part I didn't like about this car.

MachRc 01-31-2013 01:15 PM

It will not get louder. Best mod to date for me also.

I have a borla catback with ar25.

I think its perfect. Since the borla is louder than the dinan but not as obnoxious loud like the gruppe m x offs . It's just quiet enough where you can be civil and still let out a loud bark.

Congrats

n3985 01-31-2013 01:19 PM

Dinan + 2 AR20s in section 1 here also, no drone on the highway was a nice surprise and no more rasp FTW. Also noticed the exhaust is more "burbly", before it was just a flat tone, now it has more "wavey" notes.

Ntrb8s4 01-31-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MachRc (Post 15115422)
It will not get louder. Best mod to date for me also.

I have a borla catback with ar25.

I think its perfect. Since the borla is louder than the dinan but not as obnoxious loud like the gruppe m x offs . It's just quiet enough where you can be civil and still let out a loud bark.

Congrats


What's the difference between the ar20/ar25? I haven't heard the borla in person that's why I went with the dinan. Plus I got it off a member on here pretty cheap.

Ntrb8s4 01-31-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n3985 (Post 15115442)
Dinan + 2 AR20s in section 1 here also, no drone on the highway was a nice surprise and no more rasp FTW. Also noticed the exhaust is more "burbly", before it was just a flat tone, now it has more "wavey" notes.

Why did you go with two? Just curious

n3985 01-31-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ntrb8s4 (Post 15115489)
Why did you go with two? Just curious

Because 2 AR20s would be quieter than 1 AR20 + OEM resonator.

AR20 and AR25 are the same thing minus piping size, one is 2" one is 2.5".

Ntrb8s4 01-31-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n3985 (Post 15115501)
Because 2 AR20s would be quieter than 1 AR20 + OEM resonator.

AR20 and AR25 are the same thing minus piping size, one is 2" one is 2.5".

Gotcha. The muffler guy did put the ar20 on some machine to stretch it. Maybe the ar25 is the better one for people to go with

n3985 01-31-2013 01:45 PM

Actually the 20 fits perfectly because the OEM piping is more or less 2.0". The 2.5" can easily fit over the OEM piping but then the gap must be filled with weld, which could lead to leaks in future.

///mteknikk 01-31-2013 05:38 PM

eisenmann catback with ar20. great noise. hey OP where in chicago you located. im from the chi too

Ntrb8s4 01-31-2013 05:39 PM

I'm in burr ridge

///mteknikk 01-31-2013 05:51 PM

isnt that a suburb? lol

Ntrb8s4 01-31-2013 05:52 PM

Yeah I guess lol close to Chicago tho

///mteknikk 01-31-2013 06:01 PM

where is burr ridge exactly?

Ntrb8s4 01-31-2013 06:10 PM

Hindsale. It's like 294 & Ogden ave


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use