E46Fanatics

E46Fanatics (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/index.php)
-   Gun Talk (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   The official lawsuit against NY.... (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=968809)

NFRs2000nyc 01-31-2013 11:14 PM

The official lawsuit against NY....

Just thought you guys would be interested in reading this.

http://www.nysrpa.org/files/SAFENoticeOfClaim.pdf

Will be the next Heller case IMHO. This case will shape gun legislation. If NY loses, great, but if they win, watch out. Who thinks this will end up in the USSC?

Reedo302 02-01-2013 01:09 AM

It'll likely go to a federal appeals court, but I don't see it going to SCOTUS. If a federal appeals court decides that the original Heller and subsequent McDonald cases apply, theoretically it can't go any higher.
However, the caveat is that the courts need to decide it that way for it to be put to rest.

I hope this BS is repealed, because several states are copying it. CT copied, and here in MN a libtard just proposed it (doubtful it'll pass in MN, we are a pretty pro-gun state). If it is repealed, Cuomo and the liberal smacktards will be completely embarrassed, and every state that followed them will look like the dumbshits that they are.

Sentaruu 02-01-2013 05:29 AM

i will be watching this one very closely

tks 02-01-2013 05:58 AM

how do i cash in on this?

NOVAbimmer 02-01-2013 06:11 AM

I found a typo :eeps:

Sentaruu 02-01-2013 10:46 AM

i would love to be a part of a class action suit to sue the state for having my constitutional rights trampled. i am emotionally scarred.

NFRs2000nyc 02-01-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentaruu (Post 15119033)
i would love to be a part of a class action suit to sue the state for having my constitutional rights trampled. i am emotionally scarred.

There is no money involved, and since the lawsuit is for injunctive relief, a "class action" isn't needed. What they need is money for the case, which Im sure will be dragged out for quite some time.

5ynd1cat3 02-01-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reedo302 (Post 15118186)
It'll likely go to a federal appeals court, but I don't see it going to SCOTUS. If a federal appeals court decides that the original Heller and subsequent McDonald cases apply, theoretically it can't go any higher.
However, the caveat is that the courts need to decide it that way for it to be put to rest.

I hope this BS is repealed, because several states are copying it. CT copied, and here in MN a libtard just proposed it (doubtful it'll pass in MN, we are a pretty pro-gun state). If it is repealed, Cuomo and the liberal smacktards will be completely embarrassed, and every state that followed them will look like the dumbshits that they are.

The good citizens of minnesota might be pro gun, but you're stuck with Al Franken and Amy Klobushar as your senators.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Bimmer App

Reedo302 02-01-2013 01:59 PM

No kidding. Fortunately they're at the national level and not state level. Wait- no, that sucks monkey balls too. Screw that.
Most state level reps and senators, even the DFL ones, tend to be pro-gun because of the hunting culture in our state. The problem is that we have Rochester (liberal doctors), Duluth (liberal college hippie city), Hennepin County (Minneapolis is full of liberal hipsters, GLBT, Mexicans, Somalis and Blacks), and Ramsey County (hipsters, Hmong and Blacks; all very liberal), which make up 1/2 of our state population. Most people from those areas are pretty liberal, so we could wind up eating this one.

Regardless of their positions, it would only make sense that other states considering doing what NY did should be waiting to see what the courts say before doing anything. If states act before a decision is made, they could be setting themselves up for massive lawsuits later. But then and again, I welcome monetary lawsuits against any state that goes against 2A.

NFRs2000nyc 02-28-2013 12:15 AM

New development.....

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...onstitutional/

Act of God 02-28-2013 07:25 AM

nice! I was feeling pretty ok about Cuomo until this gun nonsense started.

NFRs2000nyc 02-28-2013 09:09 AM

I was never a fan of Cuomo. He's an agenda pusher, and I don't like agenda pushers.

Sentaruu 02-28-2013 03:32 PM

as a hard working NYS employee. i was never a fan of cuomo. between him and the last idiot we had in office i've never seen more tax dollars wasted by state run operations and state govt. policies. and he very clearly has an agenda against state employees. he wants us gone. and when he talks about budget cuts and reducing state spending, it usually means layoffs. but what he doesnt tell you is that they hire contractors to replace the state workers typically costing 2-3x more because the job still needs to get done. and in my agency they are trying to close a large facility because it "costs too much". however they are purchasing smaller properties that they can operate out of and do the same job but it costs 4x more $$ to maintain and operate out of these locations. but it makes the state look better so who gives a **** right?